World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, been burnt so many times by the Socceroos in tbe past, I have been become a bit jaded and cynical.

Even if we can only manage a draw against Denmark and not qualify for the next round, I would consider our campaign a success.

I thought you were a Qatar NT supporter these days? How are they doing out of interest?

The bit of play that let that through in the first place was a bit hilarious. Souttar certainly saved some embarrassment there.

Wonder if Leicester go in for Souttar in the January window. Plenty of PL interest supposedly. Will take a big fee to pry him from Stoke in January though. Even though they are 17th they are just 6 points outside the playoffs and selling Souttar would be a huge dent in their chase for a playoff spot.

I thought you were a Qatar NT supporter these days? How are they doing out of interest?

We don't have a chip or should i say boulder on our Alpha Male shoulders like some bitter and salty Australian supporters I could name.

Are you prepared to man up and admit Qatar have been absolutely fantastic hosts so far, despite one or teething problems (which occurred at many other World Cups I may add) ?

It's been the most fabulous and fascinating WC in a while, many unpredictable results and upsets, no clear cut favourites from here (although right now my money is on Brazil)

So much for your doom and gloom, Waa Waa, poo Poo wee wee forecasting of a terrible world cup lol

Elmer 1 - Z98 0 :D

We don't have a chip or should i say boulder on our Alpha Male shoulders like some bitter and salty Australian supporters I could name.

Are you prepared to man up and admit Qatar have been absolutely fantastic hosts so far, despite one or teething problems (which occurred at many other World Cups I may add) ?

It's been the most fabulous and fascinating WC in a while, many unpredictable results and upsets, no clear cut favourites from here (although right now my money is on Brazil)

So much for your doom and gloom, Waa Waa, poo Poo wee wee forecasting of a terrible world cup lol

Elmer 1 - Z98 0 :D

Theyve been terrible hosts lol.

Theyve been terrible hosts lol.

Only to negative Nellies like yourself, did you see the punch on between England and Wales fans in a Spanish bar/resort a few days ago? Now tell us why the alcohol ban at this World Cup is a bad thing again?

Decorum and Polite manners should be the most important thing on any travelling fans agenda when they travel to a country for World Cup or indeed any other major sporting tournament, unfortunately that gets thrown out of the window once alcohol is involved.

And yes, I have behaved disgracefully at AFL games in the past when I have been intoxicated, not ashamed to admit it, ironically I have always been a good boy at A League and NSL and Socceroos games even whilst hammered, I honestly believe we would have far less trouble at AFL games if there was supporter segregation tbh

Well said Mac (trying to eat my lunch here haha)

Arnold is in a no win situation with this Socceroos squad, especially from ex Socceroos nuffies who honestly believed we could have grinded out a result against reigning world champions France (whom are still good things to repeat as champs despite all their injuries)

I think it's arguable 32 nations in this tournament is too many going by the criteria you said, if the rumours are true about increasing it to 48 in future tournaments, than FIFA has well and truly lost the plot and irrecoverably ruined the greatest show on Earth..

The USA/North America and their current course of development (despite their sketchy results at this WC so far) are on track to win a WC in the next 20 years imo.

I think we as an Australian Football Community should be looking to model our platform and development, both at domestic (MLS and A League) on the Yanks and their model of domestic and international football, rather than a clearly unviable Euro League structure of promotion and relegation (hypothetically speaking if Pro/Rel was introduced here, who would actually bother to watch or attend games in a shithole like Green Gully, which is smack bang in the middle of nowhere) ?

It was confirmed, 6 years ago. The next World Cup is 48 teams.

**** that

Disgusting decision.

I think we are due for more multiple hosts now that it’s 48 teams. The qualified teams at the next World Cup is USA, Mexico, Canada, winner of 2022. The 2030 WC already has three confirmed bidders where two of them have three nations each and a South American bid with 4 nations.

I think we are due for more multiple hosts now that it’s 48 teams. The qualified teams at the next World Cup is USA, Mexico, Canada, winner of 2022. The 2030 WC already has three confirmed bidders where two of them have three nations each and a South American bid with 4 nations.

Happy for Australia to host, on the provision Sydney doesn't host the final. Those entitled Sin City scumbags really piss me off.Q

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for Australia to host, on the provision Sydney doesn't host the final. Those entitled Sin City scumbags really piss me off.Q

Next two AFC world cup tournaments will be China and Aust/NZ for sure. Almost a certainty. Maybe in 2034 China will be still chasing covid zero counting themselves out of the equation.......

Next two AFC world cup tournaments will be China and Aust/NZ for sure. Almost a certainty. Maybe in 2034 China will be still chasing covid zero counting themselves out of the equation.......

Indonesia are capable of hosting a couple of games surely?

Not in their current state. Climare is pretty ordinary. Plus their team is atrocious. Even Qatar would thrash them.

Aus / NZ in June/July is perfect . 3 stadiums in NZ and 7 in Australia.
Singapore, Malaysia and a better functioning Indonesia is possible. Could even throw Thailand into the mix as a substitute for Indonesia.

Would be better and less predictable than China.

Australia and New Zealand would be great.

Are Spain getting one anytime soon?

Singapore, Malaysia and a better functioning Indonesia is possible. Could even throw Thailand into the mix as a substitute for Indonesia.

2030 is heavily favored to be a Sth American wc (100 year anniversary of first WC in 1930). 4 nations are bidding. So that's likely to happen.

2034 would have to be in Europe you would imagine. The last time it would have been in Europe was Russia 2018 and Europe proper Germany 2006. Spain / Ukraine are talking about a joint bid (a strange combo for a joint bid).

2038/2042 will very likely be AFC / Africa. I'd say Asia would be more likely for 2038. That would come down to Aus/NZ vs China for that one. President Xi will still be chasing covid zero in 2038 so that may well count them out......

2030 is heavily favored to be a Sth American wc (100 year anniversary of first WC in 1930). 4 nations are bidding. So that's likely to happen.

2034 would have to be in Europe you would imagine. The last time it would have been in Europe was Russia 2018 and Europe proper Germany 2006. Spain / Ukraine are talking about a joint bid (a strange combo for a joint bid).

2038/2042 will very likely be AFC / Africa. I'd say Asia would be more likely for 2038. That would come down to Aus/NZ vs China for that one. President Xi will still be chasing covid zero in 2038 so that may well count them out......
Uruguay/Paraguay

Problem with the SE Asia bid is probably only Thailand has a chance of having a competitive team.

Singapore / Malaysia both getting automatic qualification would be a bit of a disaster for AFC.

317364755_2271744699653186_4989806924135853584_n.jpg

Problem with the SE Asia bid is probably only Thailand has a chance of having a competitive team.

Singapore / Malaysia both getting automatic qualification would be a bit of a disaster for AFC.
Vietnam are pretty competitive, they made the final round for qualifying this time and got a draw against Japan.

Would be about as worthy of hosting a WC as Qatar. Hope they don't at all.
They at least have the population for it and a mad footballing one at that, as well as some infrastructure. They'd want to improve their team though big time, even Qatar were at least competitive before 2010. The French could easily put 10 past them.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back