World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

I don’t see too many of the A-League guys still being here by the end of the World Cup.

I think Mclaren & Leckie stay with CFG - Mclaren maybe joins Muscat in Japan, I could see Leckie following Kisnorbo to France for one final opportunity.

Goodwin will at least end up in a too Asian league. Kuol obviously gone already. Cumdog probably not getting the opportunities.

Rowles & Souttar have to be set for big moves too. For all the plaudits Souttar got against Tunisia, Rowles deserves them today. Eriksen was in his pocket any time he dared get within 25 yards of goal.

He's 30 with a young family and seems to be really well settled in Adelaide, where he's the main man for United. He might be tempted to go overseas for one last fling, but I think there's a decent chance he'll turn it down, especially if he isn't guaranteed first team football.

Could definitely see McLaren and Leckie going overseas after the World Cup is over. Patty will want players that know his system, so a move to Troyes could be on the cards for Leckie.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
He's 30 with a young family and seems to be really well settled in Adelaide, where he's the main man for United. He might be tempted to go overseas for one last fling, but I think there's a decent chance he'll turn it down, especially if he isn't guaranteed first team football.

Could definitely see McLaren and Leckie going overseas after the World Cup is over. Patty will want players that know his system, so a move to Troyes could be on the cards for Leckie.

Leckie is 30 and spent a long time in Bundesliga before returning home.

Doubt he goes anywhere. Not sure if he is City's marquee or not but he should be on enough moolah to remain in the A League until retirement.

Leckie is 30 and spent a long time in Bundesliga before returning home.

Doubt he goes anywhere. Not sure if he is City's marquee or not but he should be on enough moolah to remain in the A League until retirement.

Bradesmaen is across Melbourne City's finances, I'm sure he knows.

FourthTimeAround

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It'll be the greatest without question in my book, when you consider how little the socceroos players are getting paid compared to the Argentina players. Messi himself is probably paid more than the entire Socceroo roster combined.

From here, if we're to somehow win the World Cup, it'd probably be considered the greatest achievement in world sporting history.
Bigger than Leicester winning the EPL at 5000/1 which is my clubhouse leader. They sustained that over 38 games, a year after being stone cold bottom with 4 wins from their first 29 games before winning 7 of their last 9 to escape relegation and scraping through by a miracle. Still don’t believe it.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Goodwin made a conscious decision to stay in Adelaide.

Makes complete sense. He could join a championship side but what is the point when his best days are behind him?

He is at home in the A-League and settled. No point chasing money elsewhere within Asia. Players like Goodwin & Leckie must be retained by the A-League.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
**** that. We don't want to be known as a nation of thugs, Kevin Muscat sniper tactics have never had a place on the footy field.

Can't believe we are actually having this discussion tbh.
We?

You've shat on us at nearly every opportunity possible.

Sit down and be quiet.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
**** that. We don't want to be known as a nation of thugs, Kevin Muscat sniper tactics have never had a place on the footy field.

Can't believe we are actually having this discussion tbh.

So long as it falls within the rules, I have no problem with an early show of strength, as it were :p

That said, I'd rather not piss him off :D

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
We?

You've shat on us at nearly every opportunity possible.

Sit down and be quiet.

Maybe, but I never have nor never will condone on field violencet/delibrate thuggery.

Alfe Inge-Haaland's career was essentially ended by that out of control lush Roy Keane deliberately intending to break his (he admitted as much in his autobiography which I have read)

Any Australian/Socceroos supporter who thinks we should do something similar to Messi can FRO.

And i would also argue be potentially damaging long term trying to recruit star foreign players to the A League.

We have the ability/capacity of beating Argentina without resorting to scum/thuggery tactics.

Back