World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe, but I never have nor never will condone on field violencet/delibrate thuggery.

Alfe Inge-Haaland's career was essentially ended by that out of control lush Roy Keane deliberately intending to break his (he admitted as much in his autobiography which I have read)

Any Australian/Socceroos supporter who thinks we should do something similar to Messi can FRO.

And i would also argue be potentially damaging long term trying to recruit star foreign players to the A League.

We have the ability/capacity of beating Argentina without resorting to scum/thuggery tactics.

Nothing wrong with a strong but fair tackle. Messi had his jimmies rustled in the infamous 4-0 LFC-Barca 2nd leg CL semi final win in the first half. We need to do something similar.

Nothing wrong with a strong but fair tackle. Messi had his jimmies rustled in the infamous 4-0 LFC-Barca 2nd leg CL semi final win in the first half. We need to do something similar.
Exactly no one's talking about Muscat tactics here except for Elmer.

Which sites?

I'd be pretty surprised if he earnt that much. That's more than a lot of Championship players.

Alfe Inge-Haaland's career was essentially ended by that out of control lush Roy Keane deliberately intending to break his (he admitted as much in his autobiography which I have read)

That's the biggest myth in football. Haaland started the next league game for City just a few days later. He eventually retired due to failed surgery on an injury to his other knee, an injury which he was already carrying before that Keane incident.

When Keane's book came out Haaland did initially try to blame him for his career in England ending, which seems to be in response to Keane admitting that he wanted to hurt him, but Haaland has since back tracked and has said this:

I don’t blame him. I never actually said he finished my career.

That's the biggest myth in football. Haaland started the next league game for City just a few days later. He eventually retired due to failed surgery on an injury to his other knee, an injury which he was already carrying before that Keane incident.

When Keane's book came out Haaland did initially try to blame him for his career in England ending, which seems to be in response to Keane admitting that he wanted to hurt him, but Haaland has since back tracked and has said this:
But why let the truth get in the way of a complete nuff?

But why let the truth get in the way of a complete nuff?

The point remains valid (Keane being an inbred drunken thug like Geoge "Liver not so Best" a hill I am willing to die on) I believe from the time and comments that there are flogs here who want us to physically attack Messi, not just for the game, but for.the rest of the tournament and rest of his career.

I am sorry, but that is not a path I can follow.

Officially declaring my support and loyalty now for Argentina, I am a football fan and human being with a moral conscious and values.

You'd never see any at anti field comfuct pat The Boston Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox Revolution or New England Patriots, Carlton FC, Leeds United or Melbourne City FC resort to despicable and cowardly tactics.

If you want to try physically injury player in a calculated plan to win the game, it's handbags at dawn stuff.

The immaturity and childish mindset of some Socceroos fans here (a vocal minority I should add) is unpleasant

We ain't going to beat Argie, no matter what happens. We did a miracle just qualifying for the 2nd round anyway.

The point remains valid (Keane being an inbred drunken thug like Geoge "Liver not so Best" a hill I am willing to die on) I believe from the time and comments that there are flogs here who want us to physically attack Messi, not just for the game, but for.the rest of the tournament and rest of his career.

Officially declaring my support and loyalty now for Argentina, I am a football fan and human being with a moral conscious and values.

You'd never see any at anti field comfuct pat The Boston Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox Revolution or New England Patriots, Carlton FC, Leeds United or Melbourne City FC resort to despicable and cowardly tactics.

If you want to try physically injury player in a calculated plan to win the game, it's handbags at dawn stuff.

The immaturity and childish mindset of some Socceroos fans here (a vocal minority I should add) is unpleasant

We ain't going to beat Argie, no matter what happens. We did a miracle just qualifying for the 2nd round anyway.

My God just shut up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get your hand off it Darryl.

My God just shut up.

Why ? Cause I want The Socceroos/Australia be the best example of Footballing greats they/can be without resorting to gutless thuggery of deliberately take the best player out on the field (Messi) via a cowardly act of on field retribution? Pointless anyway as even their 10th best player is better/more talented than our best player? ? (Or top 5 for that matter?)

At any rate, tbe logic of simply stopping/curtailing Messi is an absolute fallacy, they have many other damaging weapons, this whole Messi obsession is unhealthy and I am sure Graham Arnold (the consumate pro as gaffer) will look past it.

Holy * you are saying Leeds have never resorted to dirty tactics ever. You've actually lost the plot.

My God just shut up.

Yeah I agree, time to stop with this nuffy/bay 13 style look at me posting or it may be time to flick you from the soccer board.

Balls in your court Elmer_Judd and if you want to discuss it further message me or one of the other MODs.

They're not called 'Dirty Leeds' for nothing.
First off no one ever suggested actual dirty tactics so no idea where he got that from

Second he claims a bunch of teams including Leeds have never used dirty tactics ever

Thirdly it's ******* Argentina who absolutely would cut us down if it meant winning

Beat me to it. For * sake.
Holy * you are saying Leeds have never resorted to dirty tactics ever. You've actually lost the plot.

I never actually said that, but more to the petinent point, I don't believe Australia (my national team and ones I have supported through thick and thin over 3 decades believe it not) should not resort to such tactics, especially against arguably the world's 3 greatest ever footballer who had lived, alongside Maradona and Pele

Anyhow I don't believe we enough quality in our squad to defeat Argie, even if Messi goes down (for whatever reason)
Would absolutely be on cloud nine if we did

If we believe we are a team greater than the sum of its parts (which clearly we are under Arnie) we will find ways to beat Argie without needing to extract physical pressure on Messi (on whatever measures)

I just don't agree witb the (imo) implied logic of physically taking down (aka physically injuring) Messi, nothing could come from that, even if we win the game.

If we went down that rabbit hole, it would imo damage the reputation and credibility of Australian Football andA League for at least a generation.

Let's try be the best version of ourselves (Australia) without restoring to needless, if not cowardly thuggery by trying to physically take Messi out of the game.

I never actually said that, but more to the petinent point, I don't believe Australia (my national team and ones I have supported through thick and thin over 3 decades believe it not) should not resort to such tactics, especially against arguably the world's 3 greatest ever footballer who had lived, alongside Maradona and Pele

Anyhow I don't believe we enough quality in our squad to defeat Argie, even if Messi goes down (for whatever reason)
Would absolutely be on cloud nine if we did

If we believe we are a team greater than the sum of its parts (which clearly we are under Arnie) we will find ways to beat Argie without needing to extract physical pressure on Messi (on whatever measures)

I just don't agree witb the (imo) implied logic of physically taking down (aka physically injuring) Messi, nothing could come from that, even if we win the game.

If we went down that rabbit hole, it would imo damage the reputation and credibility of Australian Football andA League for at least a generation.

Let's try be the best version of ourselves (Australia) without restoring to needless, if not cowardly thuggery by trying to physically take Messi out of the game.
Word for word:

You'd never see any at anti field comfuct pat The Boston Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox Revolution or New England Patriots, Carlton FC, Leeds United or Melbourne City FC resort to despicable and cowardly tactics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back