World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group E - (Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw THE goal. To me, that looked very much over the line.
Its odd that where a shoulder blade begins and ends can be measured but not the ball crossing a line.

I mean I prefer Japan going through but can understand if certain supporters weren't happy.

Open to match fixing. FiFA don't care.
This is how stupid it could get.

Australia in same group as say Spain and Wales.

First game we try and play some football but Spain beats us 4-0.

Second game Wales says we can park the bus loses 2-0 to Spain as they just want to ensure they lose by less than four

Final game Wales parks the bus against us and 0-0 and they go through on goal difference.

Second game Wales says we can park the bus loses 2-0 to Spain as they just want to ensure they lose by less than four

Final game Wales parks the bus against us and 0-0 and they go through on goal difference.
What's the alternative if not goal difference? Head to head? In only 1 game vs an opponent could well be a draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In that scenario Wales deserve to go through.

The match fixing comes in the final game if both teams can contrive a certain result and both go through. For example, Australia beats Spain 1-0. Wales beats Australia 2-0. In the final game Wales and Spain know that a 1-0 win for Spain will see both teams qualify. All have 3 points. Wales GD is +1, Spain is 0, Australia -1.

In that scenario Wales deserve to go through.

The match fixing comes in the final game if both teams can contrive a certain result and both go through. For example, Australia beats Spain 1-0. Wales beats Australia 2-0. In the final game Wales and Spain know that a 1-0 win for Spain will see both teams qualify. All have 3 points. Wales GD is +1, Spain is 0, Australia -1.
Wales have the advantage of seeing how first game went. It then promotes negative football

I’m getting so bloody frustrated by everyone saying it was clearly out and than showing ground level footage.
Do you nuffies not understand the ball is a 3D shape? The view you need to look at is aerial. The whole ball has to cross the line, not just the bottom of the ball.
You’re the same people who think the Lynch goal isn’t conclusive enough.
Geez it’s hard to listen to opinions sometimes. At least don’t show ground level footage and think that proves something.

Arghhhhhhh

Attachments

• CD6E6F51-D8B4-4FAD-BABA-40CB511E4834.jpeg
    CD6E6F51-D8B4-4FAD-BABA-40CB511E4834.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 49
I’m getting so bloody frustrated by everyone saying it was clearly out and than showing ground level footage.
Do you nuffies not understand the ball is a 3D shape? The view you need to look at is aerial. The whole ball has to cross the line, not just the bottom of the ball.
You’re the same people who think the Lynch goal isn’t conclusive enough.
Geez it’s hard to listen to opinions sometimes. At least don’t show ground level footage and think that proves something.

Arghhhhhhh
Before you went off on a tangent you should have probably taken into account that any freeze frame (including the one there) can be at the point which is frame/s either before or after the extreme point in question.

Look at the bottom one there. It's not even the same frame as the other which shows the ball has gone out further than that.

Your one:
CD6E6F51-D8B4-4FAD-BABA-40CB511E4834_50.jpeg

The other one in this thread:
BB8F7BD3-C07E-4186-A657-70AF0826A0E9_1_66.jpeg

If the aerial view you posted is the same frame as the ground level then it's not evidence of anything as it's not even the frame of the most extreme point of the ball being out. That aside you're correct that the aerial view IS the one to go by to make the call, but it still has to be the right frame or it's worthless.

Last edited:
Before you went off on a tangent you should have probably taken into account that any freeze frame (including the one there) can be at the point which is frame/s either before or after the extreme point in question.

Look at the bottom one there. It's not even the same frame as the other which shows the ball has gone out further than that.

Your one:
View attachment 1565880

The other one in this thread:
View attachment 1565881

If the aerial view you posted is the same frame as the ground level then it's not evidence of anything as it's not even the frame of the most extreme point of the ball being out. That aside you're correct that the aerial view IS the one to go by to make the call, but it still has to be the right frame or it's worthless.

You’re correct. Absolutely you have a point.
I haven’t seen any aerial footage that shows it was out though. Seems VAR didn’t see it either.
If you can find the ball out from an aerial shot than show me.

Just saw THE goal. To me, that looked very much over the line.
Which angle did you see? For mine it looked like the whole circumference hadn’t crossed. There’s angles out there showing the bottom of the ball clearly over but the higher angle looks inconclusive at best

You’re correct. Absolutely you have a point.
I haven’t seen any aerial footage that shows it was out though. Seems VAR didn’t see it either.
If you can find the ball out from an aerial shot than show me.
I'm not trying to say the ball was definitely out or in - based on what we've seen so far don't think you can go one way or another with certainty. All I'm saying is you need the right frame to make the call (which yours isn't if top and bottom there are the same frame which I'm pretty sure they are)

Seems there's the ground view which shows the right frame but isn't straight on so is deceiving. Then there's the aerial one which is the right view to make the call but has the wrong frame

tl;dr an aerial shot which we can be sure is the most extreme point of how far the ball has gone would be handy.

It's obviously very close, but we need some more frames and angles on this.
Is there any roll through footage of the aerial view or is it just a freeze frame?

I think an actual video which can be paused from the aerial camera would prove it one way or another

Remove this Banner Ad

Back