World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group F - (Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia)

Remove this Banner Ad

This World Cup can be characterised by slow first-halves, and surprise results. The only two teams to look particularly assured have been France and Brazil, and if I were to add a third, I'd say Spain.
Spain have played the best football by far, albeit based on 1 game. Just scintillating passing, was like a well oiled machine.

I wonder if teams will try to do that tactic against Real with Courtois. Morocco scored past him twice pretty much the same way, although the first one the guy was offside only just when he tried to interfere.

Belgium didn't have Alderweireld and Vertonghen sweeping back to be an extra goal keeping defender the way that Souttar did to help out Matt Ryan.

They are technically better defenders but they didn't have the same desperation.

I wonder if teams will try to do that tactic against Real with Courtois. Morocco scored past him twice pretty much the same way, although the first one the guy was offside only just when he tried to interfere.
I'm surprised the tactic isn't used more in general. When teams send in a player to counter it ends up being just another body in the way of the keeper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back