World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group F - (Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia)

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lukaku gives hope to all those park footballers with a dreadful first touch. Belgium are gone and so is their manager. Well done to Croatia and Morocco!!

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Martinez finally ruins the belgium golden generation. Starting a 35 year old AM/Winger up front in place of an actual striker. Starting the walking dead in defence.... starting two finished midfielders unbelievable.

Even Roberto Martinez would be protesting for his own sacking. 😂

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Ladies and Gentlemen, your Number 2 ranked team in the world!
giphy_6_1_65.gif

_Cerberus_

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Shame about Belgium. This is pretty much the end of their golden generation and their best result in any tournament was a third placed finish I think? Will be disappointed to not have won something. They were always amongst the teams I hoped would win something.

Have to give credit to Canada. Should have beaten Belgium, and controlled the tempo vs Morocco. Gave it a real fight this tournament.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Shame about Belgium. This is pretty much the end of their golden generation and their best result in any tournament was a third placed finish I think? Will be disappointed to not have won something. They were always amongst the teams I hoped would win something.

Have to give credit to Canada. Should have beaten Belgium, and controlled the tempo vs Morocco. Gave it a real fight this tournament.
3pne4m.png

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I know players can have those days, but Lukaku was something else last night.
Never seen one bloke miss so many open chances.

Gvardiol is going to be headed for a big club after this tournament.
The 20yo kid is a gun. That tackle to clear the ball just before Lukaku could get onto it was brilliant.

Was linked to Manchester United and Chelsea in the last transfer window.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The 20yo kid is a gun. That tackle to clear the ball just before Lukaku could get onto it was brilliant.

Was linked to Manchester United and Chelsea in the last transfer window.

Lukaku would have totally missed the ball anyway and collected Gvardiol, snapping his ankle.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just because it was a golden generation for Belgium, a country with a modest football history, doesn’t mean it was a golden generation by other countries standards. It was a good crop and I’m sure they would have liked to do better but even just a World Cup semi in 2018 is pretty good for them as a nation.

A good generation by Belgium standards who competed with the historical powerhouses but were never quite good enough. Nothing to be ashamed of.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Just because it was a golden generation for Belgium, a country with a modest football history, doesn’t mean it was a golden generation by other countries standards. It was a good crop and I’m sure they would have liked to do better but even just a World Cup semi in 2018 is pretty good for them as a nation.

A good generation by Belgium standards who competed with the historical powerhouses but were never quite good enough. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Nah, these players were talented enough to go a lot further more regularly.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Martinez finally ruins the belgium golden generation. Starting a 35 year old AM/Winger up front in place of an actual striker. Starting the walking dead in defence.... starting two finished midfielders unbelievable.

Fellaini must be fuming he didn't make the cut.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah, these players were talented enough to go a lot further more regularly.

Probably should have made the semi in 2016 when they lost to Wales but apart from that they’re about par. Other countries had good teams as well. I don’t think they were better than France in 2018 or Italy in 2021. It was just a ’golden generation’ by Belgium standards. I don’t think they were ever the strongest in the world that should have won a trophy.

Back