World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group H - (Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea)

Remove this Banner Ad

Awful decision for the pen. Have to chop your arm off with some refs.

There's 7 people in the VAR room and they are still getting decisions wrong.

Uruguay players trying to dig up the penalty spot. Portugal with 4 men round the spot because they would have done the same. Two sets of campaigners.

Ronnie gets given out by snicko

Untitled_1_80.png

Adidas have now proven the 37-year-old never touched Fernandes' cross thanks to a sensor inside the ball.

An Adidas statement read: "Using the Connected Ball Technology housed in adidas's Al Rihla Official Match Ball, we are able to definitively show no contact on the ball from Cristiano Ronaldo for the opening goal in the game.

No external force on the ball could be measured as shown by the lack of 'heartbeat' in the measurements and in the attached graphic. The 500Hz IMU sensor inside the ball allows for a high level of accuracy in the analysis.

The uproar over that handball is why I want Uruguay to knock Ghana out. The referee did all he could with regards to the handball; he gave the penalty and sent Suarez off.

From memory, Ghana received a fortuitous free kick which allowed them to put into the box and they may have been a Ghanaian offside during the passage of play before the handball on the goal line.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An early goal for Portugal, not that it matters for them as they are already through.

It's telling that they aren't resting Ronaldo and they are resting Bruno Fernandes.

Portugal are my team now that Belgium have been knocked out.

I'm well versed on their players and history.

Figo is greater than Ronaldo.

How's that a pen for Ghana? Yeah it's a trip, but wasn't the keeper blocked by an offside Ghana player? Seems like BS to me.

Don't think Ayew was offside so it doesn't matter if he was blocking the keeper's view.

LOL at Ekoku om the commentary. Went from 'the penalty was nowhere near the corner' to 'it might have been hitting the post'.

Last edited:
VAR showed he was onside.

Don't think Ayew was offside so it doesn't matter if he was blocking the keeper's view.

LOL at Ekoku om the commentator. Went from 'the penalty was nowhere near the corner' to 'it might have been hitting the post'.

Wow ok, thanks. I missed the VAR... watching two matches at once here haha. The first replay I thought they said offside. Oh well, Ghana look to be choking anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back