World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers) - On Optus, Kayo, 10 and YouTube

Remove this Banner Ad

banzai

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Avoid CONEMBOL and I think we're in
FIFA are now saying the playoff matches are likely to be 1 leg held at a neutral venue. Makes it much more of a lottery and we would have to win the Asian playoff first ( The Asian playoff is definitely a 1 off game at a neutral venue).

edit: Its now confirmed the playoffs are 1 leg games at neutral venues.

Last edited:

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Oh dear. One of Italy or Portugal will miss the WC after being drawn on the same path (new Nations League format that no one understands)

Scotland and Wales on the same path (Scotland v Ukraine, Wales v Austria). Sweden and Russia in path B

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Wow so one of Portugal and Italy will miss and the European Champions will likely have to win away at Portugal to Qualify.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Join AFC to avoid 5th placed South American team...

Ok we did for a few WC's but you get the drift. If only Arnold could coach.
I don't rate Arnold at all but, also, we just don't have the players and, ultimately, aren't good enough to qualify. It really is sad that after the golden generation and with the rapid increase in popularity of the sport in this country, you'd think the national team would go forwards but we're going backwards at the rate of knots. There's not exactly much elite talent coming through the ranks either.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
Wow so one of Portugal and Italy will miss and the European Champions will likely have to win away at Portugal to Qualify.
Italy have drawn in quite a few of their recent games. Spain then England in the Euros. Bulgaria, Switzerland twice, Northern Ireland in the WC qualifying.

I assume the format in these playoffs will be 90 minutes plus 30 minutes extra time if required then penalties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad