World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Norway really f’ed themselves this morning. Had they beaten Latvia, they would have been equal top with one fixture remaining (Netherlands). But they drew, so they are 3rd and Turkey play Montenegro.
The Netherlands coughed up a two goal lead to Montenegro to draw. They would've qualified had they held on but now could still miss out on the play-offs if results don't go their way.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The Netherlands coughed up a two goal to Montenegro to draw. They would've qualified had they held on but now could still miss out on the play-offs if results don't go their way.

That’s true. I think they will get a result against Norway on the final fixture.

CONEMBOL (Nov 16)
Argentina can qualify with a win over Brazil and 2 of Uruguay (against Bolivia), Columbia (against Paraguay) or Chile (against Ecuador) failling to win OR a draw with Brazil and 2 of Uruguay (against Bolivia), Columbia (against Paraguay) or Chile (against Ecuador) losing

UEFA
Group A (Nov 14)
Portugal qualify with a win or draw against Serbia
Serbia qualify with a win against Portugal

Group B (Nov 14)
Spain qualify with a win or draw against Sweden
Sweden qualify with a win against Spain

Group C (Nov 15)
Italy qualify with a win against Northern Ireland AND Switzerland failing to win against Bulgaria OR Italy drawing against Northern Ireland AND a Switzerland loss to Bulgaria OR Italy winning by 1 less goal than a Switzerland win OR Italy losing by 1 less goal than a Switzerland loss
Switzerland qualify with a win against Bulgaria AND Italy failing to win against Northern Ireland OR Switzerland winning against Bulgaria AND Italy failing to win against Northern Ireland OR Switzerland winning by 2 (or more) goals than Italy wins OR Switzerland losing by 2 (or more) less goals than Italy lose

Group G (Nov 16)
Netherlands qualify with a win against Norway OR a draw against Norway AND Turkey failing to beat Montenegro OR a draw against Norway AND Turkey win by 13 goals or less
Turkey qualify with a win against Montenegro by 14 goals plus AND a Netherlands-Turkey draw OR a win against Montenegro which is 1 goal less than a Norway win against Netherlands.
Norway qualify with a win against Norway AND a Montenegro win against Turkey OR a win against Netherlands which is at least 2 goals more than a Turkey win over Montenegro

Group H (Nov 14)
Russia qualify with a win or draw against Croatia
Croatia qualify with a win against Russia

You have no idea how hard it was to articulate the Italy-Switzerland scenerio. I nearly just gave up and gave you a link to elsewhere.

Croatia qualify after a lopsided game where they had 18-1 shots and 70% of the ball, yet it took an own goal by Russia in the 81st minute to get them through.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Norway really f’ed themselves this morning. Had they beaten Latvia, they would have been equal top with one fixture remaining (Netherlands). But they drew, so they are 3rd and Turkey play Montenegro.
They need a PE Teacher as a manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Guys, I think England might hold on against San Marino...

Scotland beating the Danes as I type, could be massive. Northern Ireland holding Italy would be huge.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Amazing campaign from Scotland to finish on 23 points. Would have topped a lot of groups and resulted in Automatic qualification but faced with
a Denmark team at the top of their game.

A seeding and home playoff is massive and the spirit this group has will hopefully see them through. Would be fully deserved 🤞

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Some massive beatdowns for the minnow teams. San Marino done 10-0, Liechenstein 9-0, Kazakhstan 8-0.

IMO there should be a group with Andorra, San Marino, Liechenstein, Gibraltar & Malta with the winner of the group going into the next round of qualifying.

Seems pointless having a NT suffering constant thrashings all the time.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Some massive beatdowns for the minnow teams. San Marino done 10-0, Liechenstein 9-0, Kazakhstan 8-0.

IMO there should be a group with Andorra, San Marino, Liechenstein, Gibraltar & Malta with the winner of the group going into the next round of qualifying.

That's what the nation's league is all about

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 12-03-21 San Marino national football team - Wikipedia.png

These guys should be playing games against American Samoa lol. Can anyone guess who San Marino drew with in USA 94 and Japan / Korea 2002 qualifying (without googling it of course)?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

So deprive these nations playing against the France, England’s, Italy’s and Portugal’s of the world? It would literally make those players year swapping shirts with Ronaldo, Kane, Mbappe etc. I doubt any San Marino player cared about getting thumped 10-0 to England (maybe the goalkeeper lol). When else would any of those players be on the same pitch as the best players in the world? I doubt many of them would even play for clubs that even play in the European Conference League.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So deprive these nations playing against the France, England’s, Italy’s and Portugal’s of the world? It would literally make those players year swapping shirts with Ronaldo, Kane, Mbappe etc. I doubt any San Marino player cared about getting thumped 10-0 to England (maybe the goalkeeper lol). When else would any of those players be on the same pitch as the best players in the world? I doubt many of them would even play for clubs that even play in the European Conference League.

The team that wins that proposed group would go on to play those teams in the next stage of qualifying.

Most of the players are amateurs.

I feel they would enjoy a competitive comp more than being pasted every week. Lets not forget that San Marino recently managed successive 0-0 draws against Liechenstein & Gibraltar in the Nations League resulting in mass celebrations.

The other thing that could be done is run a "Least Worst World Cup". Include all the bottom 32 ranked teams in a tournament.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The team that wins that proposed group would go on to play those teams in the next stage of qualifying.

Most of the players are amateurs.

I feel they would enjoy a competitive comp more than being pasted every week. Lets not forget that San Marino recently managed successive 0-0 draws against Liechenstein & Gibraltar in the Nations League resulting in mass celebrations.

The other thing that could be done is run a "Least Worst World Cup". Include all the bottom 32 ranked teams in a tournament.

Would actually love a World Cup like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back