World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Day Off
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham
I sincerely hope not.
I don't want it either but WCQ :whitecheck:
Will mean the dinosaurs at FFA award an extension to 2026 where an expanded WC will ensure we qualify again.

Bradesmaen

TheBrownDog
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
A reasonable result would be

Tight loss to France
Draw or win vs Tunisia

Leaving us with destiny likely in our own hands vs Denmark but likely needing a win.
Australian players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues: 3
Danish players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues (after promotions this season): 17

There's also a bunch from Denmark that are injured/not in the squad because they have better players. The same cannot be said of Australia.

The Cryptkeeper

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Australian players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues: 3
Danish players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues (after promotions this season): 17

There's also a bunch from Denmark that are injured/not in the squad because they have better players. The same cannot be said of Australia.

Yeah, we are getting skewered by Denmark.

Bradesmaen

TheBrownDog
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Yeah, we are getting skewered by Denmark.
lube GIF

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Love the bias commentary over here claiming "this referee" has fallen for the dark arts of the Costa Ricans

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Not sure how true but there was something on social media that Barbarouses tossed the Peruvian keepers water bottle into the stands after his sending off and the keeper had his penalty taker notes on it. 😂

Second hand anecdote but pretty funny if true.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Not sure how true but there was something on social media that Barbarouses tossed the Peruvian keepers water bottle into the stands after his sending off and the keeper had his penalty taker notes on it. 😂

Second hand anecdote but pretty funny if true.
Think you mean Redmayne.

And I think there's footage of it

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Think you mean Redmayne.

And I think there's footage of it

Oh okay, I read it just now but it was about Barbarouses. Didn’t know Redmayne did it. 😂

Wrong player and right country it seems. 😂

I just wrote the story the way I read it.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gotta question the All Whites coach tactically. Sure there's some nice technical young players in Just, Stamenic & Cacace but surely you work on just whipping in cross after cross to Chris Wood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wow just saw the disallowed goal. Pretty stiff to have that ruled out for an earlier foul

Andonis1997

All-Round Good Guy
Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Disallowed goal was pathetic, but Kosta's brainfade would not have happened if it were 1-1, you'd think.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Would love a Tahiti or Solomon Islands in a World Cup tournament.
I can remember Tahiti playing in the 2013 Confederations Cup. They qualified as a full strength NZ had lost to New Caledonia in the semi finals of the OFC Cup. Lost 6-1 to Nigeria, 10-0 to Spain and 8-0 to Uruguay.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Just watched the All Whites V Costa Rica highlights safe to say I think NZL got robbed with the disallowed goal! I hate it when VAR goes back in the lead up to a goal whether their was a foul.. I mean how far back can you go? If it is missed by the on field ref tough sh!t I say! Kosta getting sent off, it was a poor tackle sure but its not a red card wasn't malicious. It's a yellow so move on but no.. VAR has to intervein. Just frustrating.. Feel for the All Whites from all reports they where the better team.

Last edited:

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Just watched the All Whites V Costa Rica highlights safe to say I think NZL got robbed with the disallowed goal! I hate it when VAR goes back in the lead up to a goal whether their was a foul how far back can you go? If it is missed by the on field ref tough sh!t I say! Kosta getting sent off, it was a poor tackle sure but its not a red card wasn't malicious. it is a yellow so move on but no.. VAR has to intervein. Just frustrating.. Feel for the All white from all reports they where the better team

I reckon Kostas had to go for the tackle, he slid in with his studs pretty hard and caught his opponent on the ankle.

I don't think the goal should have been reviewed though. The Costa Rican player bumped the NZ player and both had arms on each other. I don't see how that fell in the "clear and obvious" error zone. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other for me.

As for how far back VAR goes the rule says the attacking phase of play. That's open to interpretation but I would say in this case the "foul" did happen in the attacking phase of play that lead to the goal.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Just watched the All Whites V Costa Rica highlights safe to say I think NZL got robbed with the disallowed goal! I hate it when VAR goes back in the lead up to a goal whether their was a foul how far back can you go? If it is missed by the on field ref tough sh!t I say! Kosta getting sent off, it was a poor tackle sure but its not a red card wasn't malicious. it is a yellow so move on but no.. VAR has to intervein. Just frustrating.. Feel for the All white from all reports they where the better team
Yeah they played pretty well and Costa Rica just sat back and protected their early lead. I do think NZ should play a bit more direct through Wood. But they've got a lot of quality young players coming through and did look much better than I remember them being the last few WCs

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Dark 24 hours in sport for the Kiwis, failed vs Costa Rica here and beaten by the Poms in cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad