World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Fernandes would normally take them but sometimes Pogba or Rashford. IMO, don’t fix what’s not broke so would like it to stay as in but I have my doubts, would not be surprised if Ronaldo is on penalty duties at the very least.

This highlights the potential downside of Ronnie signing - that it becomes all about him. Is he an automatic place? Does he take all the free kicks. Does he take all the penalties?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
This highlights the potential downside of Ronnie signing - that it becomes all about him. Is he an automatic place? Does he take all the free kicks. Does he take all the penalties?

I hope he doesn’t. I would like him not to but I am not sure. As for an automatic place, he still scores goals, links up well with the attack and knows how to get it the best positions, you would be hard pressed to find 3 attacking players who you would start ahead of Ronaldo. As fit as Ronaldo is, age will still keep him from starting all the time and there are plenty of attacking options so it won’t hurt the team when Ronaldo needs rest.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Fernandes would normally take them but sometimes Pogba or Rashford. IMO, don’t fix what’s not broke so would like it to stay as in but I have my doubts, would not be surprised if Ronaldo is on penalty duties at the very least.
Fernandes has a 93% strike rate from the spot, missing only three in his career. Ronaldo goes at 82% after last night. I know who is want to be taking them if I was Ole.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I am not surprised by that…. Are you? :D
Nope cause it's an easy continent ;)

There are some good teams but you look at every qualifying group and there's at least two minnows out of six let alone more. Ronaldo has had a bash of those but obviously scored against top teams.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

There are some good teams but you look at every qualifying group and there's at least two minnows out of six let alone more. Ronaldo has had a bash of those but obviously scored against top teams.

Yeah, I know mate. Just pulling your leg. :)

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
4-0. Not had the chance to watch the game but the stats seem to say England haven't been troubled, unless you count being pelted from the stands.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 7.17.53 am.png

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Comfortable for England. Most of the threat came from Sterling down the right. Kane should have scored three or four. Walker had a stinker.

Also watched Czech v Belarus to see how the Hammers lads got on. Soucek was easily best on the park. Coufal was also very good. He looks like an old bloke but he's athletic and skillful. Kral was ok but not great - got subbed off after an hour.

Back