World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Same old England though, hence why they never win against top sides. Absolutely dire

I wouldn't say we've been dire. Looking across Europe as a comparison right now, Spain are winning... 1-0 against Kosovo. Belgium are trouncing Belarus... 1-0. In respect of our own game, we've dominated possession and controlled the game.

I wouldn't say we've been dire. Looking across Europe as a comparison right now, Spain are winning... 1-0 against Kosovo. Belgium are trouncing Belarus... 1-0. In respect of our own game, we've dominated possession and controlled the game.
No. You've been dire. Pickford is so bored he's trying to entertain.

There's a difference between dominating possession and actually looking like you're going to score.

No, we've been organised. Boring is not the same as bad.
Organised and boring. More backwards passes than forwards. Just two shots in target and one was that Kane goal which was a special hit. The other was Phillips straight at Sczesny (sp). Other than that the ball has rarely entered the 18 yard box let alone 6

And yet, we're winning. I'll take that. The result is more important than anything else. What national team do you support and how are they doing?
Is it though? It's not sustainable football against top teams. Southgates record against the best is bad. Belgium at the WC defeated twice, Croatia at the WC, Italy at the Euros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it though? It's not sustainable football against top teams. Southgates record against the best is bad. Belgium at the WC defeated twice, Croatia at the WC, Italy at the Euros.

A narrow defeat against Croatia, reversed at the Euros. A win and a comfortable one at that over Germany at the Euros. A penalty defeat against Italy. A young team that's learning. Optimism is always preferable to pessimism, don't you agree? Meanwhile, in the qualifiers thus far, the only other team with a 100% record is Denmark. The top teams have all dropped points. Italy recently dropped points at home to the mighty Bulgaria. France have drawn three of their six qualifiers. Norway took points off Holland the other night. WC semi final and EC final from the last two major tournaments is a big step forward for England, especially compared to the last twenty years.

A narrow defeat against Croatia, reversed at the Euros. A win and a comfortable one at that over Germany at the Euros. A penalty defeat against Italy. A young team that's learning. Optimism is always preferable to pessimism, don't you agree? Meanwhile, in the qualifiers thus far, the only other team with a 100% record is Denmark. The top teams have all dropped points. Italy recently dropped points at home to the mighty Bulgaria. France have drawn three of their six qualifiers. Norway took points off Holland the other night. WC semi final and EC final from the last two major tournaments is a big step forward for England, especially compared to the last twenty years.
Reversed at the Euros because an already old Croatian team was three years older.

Spain lost their first qualifier since time began the other night - only one WC win in that. 100% records mean dick all in Europe qualifying given there are 10 groups.

Got to love how England fans somehow defend their ineptness going forward due to a dithering and weak willed manager. The writing has been on the wall for three years now against good sides England crumble with their defensive game usually struggling to last 70mins

So at the end of that we have more points from six games than: Italy, France, Portugal, Spain, Holland and Germany. We're level with Belgium. The quality of our group is not significantly different to those of the other teams. Our goal difference is better than than Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal and France.

Reversed at the Euros because an already old Croatian team was three years older.

Spain lost their first qualifier since time began the other night - only one WC win in that. 100% records mean dick all in Europe qualifying given there are 10 groups.

Got to love how England fans somehow defend their ineptness going forward due to a dithering and weak willed manager. The writing has been on the wall for three years now against good sides England crumble with their defensive game usually struggling to last 70mins

I appreciate you have to do everything in your power to demean any indicator that England are doing well, it must cover something. Who do you support at a national level again?

I appreciate you have to do everything in your power to demean any indicator that England are doing well, it must cover something. Who do you support at a national level again?
Turks and Caicos

It's not about demeaning England, it's about speaking an opinion based in facts. The only indicator England have done well at is winning against average sides with dire wins in a side that should beat them 3-0 easily. Other indicators like versing quality sides make them look like Penandes against a top 6 team

Turks and Caicos

It's not about demeaning England, it's about speaking an opinion based in facts. The only indicator England have done well at is winning against average sides with dire wins in a side that should beat them 3-0 easily. Other indicators like versing quality sides make them look like Penandes against a top 6 team

Of course it's about demeaning England. WC semi finalists and EC finalists and yet the best you seem to be able to do is be incredibly negative. We won 4-0 against Hungary, 4-0 against Andorra (with a hugely rotated squad, and incidentally, Hungary ended up only beating them 2-1, so your earlier post didn't age well). I wasn't aware 4-0 wins were dire. Besides, all across Europe the biggest hitters are no longer thrashing other teams on a regular basis. Spain won 2-0 against Kosovo. Should they not have won by a bigger margin? Italy dropped points at home to Bulgaria the other day. Ukraine held France to a draw the other night.

You're entitled to your opinion, but take a look at teams other than England and you'll see there's a similar pattern of results.

Oh no. I agree with Piers Morgan on something. :sick: Just heard of Arsene Wenger's 'bi-annual world cup idea'. No, just no.

BTW Bradesmaen, it was not my intention to mock your nationality (assuming you're Turkish). I meant my remark in a footballing sense, if however I have caused offence I apologise.

BTW Bradesmaen, it was not my intention to mock your nationality (assuming you're Turkish). I meant my remark in a footballing sense, if however I have caused offence I apologise.
Turks and Caicos isn't turkey...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back