World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
A reasonable result would be

Tight loss to France
Draw or win vs Tunisia

Leaving us with destiny likely in our own hands vs Denmark but likely needing a win.
Australian players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues: 3
Danish players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues (after promotions this season): 17

There's also a bunch from Denmark that are injured/not in the squad because they have better players. The same cannot be said of Australia.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Australian players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues: 3
Danish players (in current squad) in the top 5 european leagues (after promotions this season): 17

There's also a bunch from Denmark that are injured/not in the squad because they have better players. The same cannot be said of Australia.

Yeah, we are getting skewered by Denmark.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Yeah, we are getting skewered by Denmark.
lube GIF

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Not sure how true but there was something on social media that Barbarouses tossed the Peruvian keepers water bottle into the stands after his sending off and the keeper had his penalty taker notes on it. 😂

Second hand anecdote but pretty funny if true.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Not sure how true but there was something on social media that Barbarouses tossed the Peruvian keepers water bottle into the stands after his sending off and the keeper had his penalty taker notes on it. 😂

Second hand anecdote but pretty funny if true.
Think you mean Redmayne.

And I think there's footage of it

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Think you mean Redmayne.

And I think there's footage of it

Oh okay, I read it just now but it was about Barbarouses. Didn’t know Redmayne did it. 😂

Wrong player and right country it seems. 😂

I just wrote the story the way I read it.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gotta question the All Whites coach tactically. Sure there's some nice technical young players in Just, Stamenic & Cacace but surely you work on just whipping in cross after cross to Chris Wood

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Would love a Tahiti or Solomon Islands in a World Cup tournament.
I can remember Tahiti playing in the 2013 Confederations Cup. They qualified as a full strength NZ had lost to New Caledonia in the semi finals of the OFC Cup. Lost 6-1 to Nigeria, 10-0 to Spain and 8-0 to Uruguay.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Just watched the All Whites V Costa Rica highlights safe to say I think NZL got robbed with the disallowed goal! I hate it when VAR goes back in the lead up to a goal whether their was a foul.. I mean how far back can you go? If it is missed by the on field ref tough sh!t I say! Kosta getting sent off, it was a poor tackle sure but its not a red card wasn't malicious. It's a yellow so move on but no.. VAR has to intervein. Just frustrating.. Feel for the All Whites from all reports they where the better team.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Just watched the All Whites V Costa Rica highlights safe to say I think NZL got robbed with the disallowed goal! I hate it when VAR goes back in the lead up to a goal whether their was a foul how far back can you go? If it is missed by the on field ref tough sh!t I say! Kosta getting sent off, it was a poor tackle sure but its not a red card wasn't malicious. it is a yellow so move on but no.. VAR has to intervein. Just frustrating.. Feel for the All white from all reports they where the better team

I reckon Kostas had to go for the tackle, he slid in with his studs pretty hard and caught his opponent on the ankle.

I don't think the goal should have been reviewed though. The Costa Rican player bumped the NZ player and both had arms on each other. I don't see how that fell in the "clear and obvious" error zone. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other for me.

As for how far back VAR goes the rule says the attacking phase of play. That's open to interpretation but I would say in this case the "foul" did happen in the attacking phase of play that lead to the goal.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Just watched the All Whites V Costa Rica highlights safe to say I think NZL got robbed with the disallowed goal! I hate it when VAR goes back in the lead up to a goal whether their was a foul how far back can you go? If it is missed by the on field ref tough sh!t I say! Kosta getting sent off, it was a poor tackle sure but its not a red card wasn't malicious. it is a yellow so move on but no.. VAR has to intervein. Just frustrating.. Feel for the All white from all reports they where the better team
Yeah they played pretty well and Costa Rica just sat back and protected their early lead. I do think NZ should play a bit more direct through Wood. But they've got a lot of quality young players coming through and did look much better than I remember them being the last few WCs

Dark 24 hours in sport for the Kiwis, failed vs Costa Rica here and beaten by the Poms in cricket.

Yeah my Kiwi mate at work was pretty miserable this morning.

Back