World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot believe we beat Germany. Had the chance to go 3-1 up at the end but I'll take that.

England probably should have scored more in first half but very ordinary second half. Intent isn’t attacking enough. Two DMs doesn’t seem to be working. Walker was inside too much, need more width. Not sure Southgate has much of a plan, think he’s out of his depth.

Cannot believe we beat Germany. Had the chance to go 3-1 up at the end but I'll take that.

I work with a maco - australian chap and I must admit that when he said that they beat Germany I assumed it was an april fools prank. I was quickly corrected :D:D:D

Well done, great achievement. I think this result typifies the entire season - unusual results with football played behind closed doors under the threat of covid for the entire season.

England probably should have scored more in first half but very ordinary second half. Intent isn’t attacking enough. Two DMs doesn’t seem to be working. Walker was inside too much, need more width. Not sure Southgate has much of a plan, think he’s out of his depth.

Sterling was killing it down the left in the first half but having 2 DMs meant there wasn't enough men in the box when he got to the line.

Pope is awful with the ball at his feet. I never thought I'd say it but - bring back Pickford!

Pope is awful with the ball at his feet. I never thought I'd say it but - bring back Pickford!
Yeah it’s a real weakness of Pope. Pickford hasn’t done too much wrong for England.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I work with a maco - australian chap and I must admit that when he said that they beat Germany I assumed it was an april fools prank. I was quickly corrected :D:D:D

Well done, great achievement. I think this result typifies the entire season - unusual results with football played behind closed doors under the threat of covid for the entire season.
For the first time ever this national team is showing structure, commitment and discipline (aside from Alioski's challenge). It was great to see how they played to their strengths and maximised their opportunities particularly after Germany equalised. Now we need to see consistency because it's let downs after good performances are common.

Not hard to fathom really. Trippier is arguably RB of the season in La Liga (up to his suspension). Can play RB and LB.
Walker can play RB and CB.
Southgate favours James over TAA who is not as good defensively as others.

Reckon Grealish is being set up as the stiffest of the bunch.

He’s one of those who have been most affected by the move back a year. Was the obvious first choice last year, will almost definitely be the first choice moving forward unless he moves into midfield, but right now his form has dropped off and they have to look at squad balance and there are others in better form.

Most UEFA teams have three games next week. I think they will be shown live on Optus Sport.

DCL has dropped out of the England squad. Bamford might get his first cap.

2 September Hungary v England
5 September England v Andorra
8 September Poland v England

Remove this Banner Ad

Back