RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Greece take the lead against Georgia and then the commentator starts saying that Greece don’t need much of the ball, that they will remain disciplined at the back. 20 seconds later and it’s 1-1.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Good strike by Maguire there, Stones made amends. England still as stodgy as all hell. How many times do they need to see that two DMs don't work and that Phillips isn't up to international level? He passes sideways or backwards 90% of the time.

Seedsman_

Premiership Player
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cannot believe we beat Germany. Had the chance to go 3-1 up at the end but I'll take that.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Wow. That is crazy. I saw the score was 1-1 and then didn’t track the rest of the game. Well done to North Macedonia.

It is Germany’s first WC Qualification defeat in 20 years.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
England probably should have scored more in first half but very ordinary second half. Intent isn’t attacking enough. Two DMs doesn’t seem to be working. Walker was inside too much, need more width. Not sure Southgate has much of a plan, think he’s out of his depth.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Cannot believe we beat Germany. Had the chance to go 3-1 up at the end but I'll take that.
I work with a maco - australian chap and I must admit that when he said that they beat Germany I assumed it was an april fools prank. I was quickly corrected :D:D:D

Well done, great achievement. I think this result typifies the entire season - unusual results with football played behind closed doors under the threat of covid for the entire season.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
England probably should have scored more in first half but very ordinary second half. Intent isn’t attacking enough. Two DMs doesn’t seem to be working. Walker was inside too much, need more width. Not sure Southgate has much of a plan, think he’s out of his depth.
Sterling was killing it down the left in the first half but having 2 DMs meant there wasn't enough men in the box when he got to the line.

Pope is awful with the ball at his feet. I never thought I'd say it but - bring back Pickford!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seedsman_

Premiership Player
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
I work with a maco - australian chap and I must admit that when he said that they beat Germany I assumed it was an april fools prank. I was quickly corrected :D:D:D

Well done, great achievement. I think this result typifies the entire season - unusual results with football played behind closed doors under the threat of covid for the entire season.
For the first time ever this national team is showing structure, commitment and discipline (aside from Alioski's challenge). It was great to see how they played to their strengths and maximised their opportunities particularly after Germany equalised. Now we need to see consistency because it's let downs after good performances are common.

Andonis1997

All-Round Good Guy
Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ Reds Sturt Steelers Nix
Greece are average, as we all expected. Undefeated, but we should be beating Georgia in Thessaloniki 😒 A crowd full of flares would have helped things though!

The worrying thing is the goals we have scored are a penalty (which could have easily not been given) and an own goal.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan

Not hard to fathom really. Trippier is arguably RB of the season in La Liga (up to his suspension). Can play RB and LB.
Walker can play RB and CB.
Southgate favours James over TAA who is not as good defensively as others.

Reckon Grealish is being set up as the stiffest of the bunch.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
TAA is perfect for Klopps setup(or was) but not Southgates, no suprise James, Trippier and Walker are ahead of him. They are in superior form over him.

99 Problems

All Australian
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
He’s one of those who have been most affected by the move back a year. Was the obvious first choice last year, will almost definitely be the first choice moving forward unless he moves into midfield, but right now his form has dropped off and they have to look at squad balance and there are others in better form.

Remove this Banner Ad