Fixture 2022 Fixture for the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know it cant be helped but after only being able to see 1 live game in 2 years now, I was hoping to get a little help. Really sick of the Tassie games. And Geelong on a Friday night is annoying. Its hard to get tickets for it and hard to get down there (probably would have to stay the night or something)

Otherwise the double ups are pretty decent. Freo and Adelaide away and both Sydney teams away as well

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great draw for the team, shocking one for those silly enough to move from Brisbane to Melbourne at the start of 2020 (me). I'm lucky in that I don't have anything stopping me from coming up for multiple home games at least, but no game in Melbourne between the end of March and the end of June stinks.

On face value the double ups extremely kind given we finished top 6, and we've ended up with Melbourne (clear 1 out of top 6) and GWS (clear 6th) out of that group. Ess, Saints are very kind in the middle 6 of teams too.

lionraven

All Australian
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Im not a Victorian but it makes no sense we always end up in Tasmania. Do we specifically request it or something? We have an actual Melbourne supporter base and history. Surely we draw bigger crowds than WA/NSW/Suns (and maybe SA if there arent as many transplants). Why do we always face the Hawks or Roos in Tasmania? Surely they play enough teams like Crows/Suns/GWS etc to host one of them down there? At least we dont have the crap Ballarat game.

It’s sad when Fremantle gets 6 plus 1 (Geelong)

how does that happen?

That's disgraceful. How do ALDI brand west coast get 7 Victorian games?

Im not a Victorian but it makes no sense we always end up in Tasmania. Do we specifically request it or something? We have an actual Melbourne supporter base and history. Surely we draw bigger crowds than WA/NSW/Suns (and maybe SA if there arent as many transplants). Why do we always face the Hawks or Roos in Tasmania? Surely they play enough teams like Crows/Suns/GWS etc to host one of them down there? At least we dont have the crap Ballarat game.
I don't know if it's still true, but Hawks used to be contracted to have two Victorian teams and two non-Victorian teams down there. For the purposes of gouging the Tasmanian public, Sydney and us were considered Victorian.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
It’s probably something to do with the Fagan, favourite son of Tasmania, association.

It’s probably something to do with the Fagan, favourite son of Tasmania, association.
It long predates his association with the club.

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If I were the club I really really wouldn’t try make the 4 Melbourne games sound better by including the Geelong game when asked about the draw.
Just shh, just don’t.

Friday night, people working will find it too hard to get down there, too far to take kids down and back in a night, not usually included in membership and the joint is the pits.

People are going to bitch (don't get me wrong, rightfully so) no matter what the club says or does so it is lose lose for them.

It is good to see the club acknowledge it on twitter. Good that we are getting 2 mcg games out of the 4, hopefully next year we can get more games as we deserve. Hopefully if we keep bringing good crowds we will get good prime time mcg games as well.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
People are going to b*tch (don't get me wrong, rightfully so) no matter what the club says or does so it is lose lose for them.

It is good to see the club acknowledge it on twitter. Good that we are getting 2 mcg games out of the 4, hopefully next year we can get more games as we deserve. Hopefully if we keep bringing good crowds we will get good prime time mcg games as well.
You really think that is going to happen after 3 top 4 finishes in a row?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disgrace. As always, we bend over and accept the lower amount of games in Melbourne.

Every year they make us play in Geelong as well and act like that's Melbourne, it is not. AFL is a joke.

What a disgrace. As always, we bend over and accept the lower amount of games in Melbourne.
I always love this narrative as if the club can take its bat and ball and go home instead of being stuck playing whereever the AFL puts it.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lets be honest, the AFL clearly reward the Vic teams to the extra payments they receive being in Victoria that are outside of the cap (e.g. media entitlements, players partners in jobs etc.) to the venues we play. You don't see Collingwood playing in Balarat or some other crap place consistently. Unfortunately, l can't ever see it changing.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pros though:

Starting and finishing at the Gabba.

Those double-up games couldn't possibly be better considering where we finished - we tend to play pretty well against GC, Giants, Essendon. We don't play well against the Saints but I don't rate them as a squad. Obviously Melbourne will be difficult.

Only one trip to Perth.

One trip to Adelaide.

5 of our last 8 at the Gabba following the bye.

Don't have to play at Ballarat.

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Spare me the obligatory Twitter message or blanket member email - Dear (insert member name)… We understand you’re disappointed blah blah… we are all in.
Here’s a code for 10% off a hat.

Twitter message says:
“We understand there is some frustration from Victorian members with number of games…”

No no, I’d like to know if YOU THE CLUB are disappointed. Or is it just a situation where every year we will get what we are given and it’s just damage control for a few days post release for them?

I want a strong stance from the club to the AFL slamming what we have been dished up.

Club doesn't need to rant and rave to make people feel better. People get angry, and want others to be angry too to validate their emotions. Club isn't a fellow supporter. If you want your ranting and raving, welcome to BigFooty.

Club doesn't need to rant and rave to make people feel better. People get angry, and want others to be angry too to validate their emotions. Club isn't a fellow supporter. If you want your ranting and raving, welcome to BigFooty.

I'd love if the club posted a Dylan12esque rant as an official statement tbh. Shake things up

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know it cant be helped but after only being able to see 1 live game in 2 years now, I was hoping to get a little help. Really sick of the Tassie games. And Geelong on a Friday night is annoying. Its hard to get tickets for it and hard to get down there (probably would have to stay the night or something)

Otherwise the double ups are pretty decent. Freo and Adelaide away and both Sydney teams away as well

I stayed the night earlier this year, and also after dealing with that robbing bought the worst kebab of my life and ate it on the street. Brutal stuff.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I can understand the disappointment of Victorian Fans. 4 games is not good nor fair in my opinion.
not only just the 4, only 1 game before round 14. Complete disgrace. And the club will no doubt contact me again this year asking about a membership and be shocked when I tell them it's a complete waste of money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back