Fixture 2022 Fixture for the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

RoyBoy17

Debutant
Aug 31, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like the idea, but think the only way it would work is if it was against a smaller interstate club - GWS, for example.

To brand it as a Lions home game but have 60, 000 Richmond fans in the place would kill the vibe a little I think. Much better if it sounds and feels like a Lions home game - although I know that would mean a much smaller crowd.
Perhaps we could play it at a smaller venue then? Princess park against an interstate team or north Melbourne. They wouldn’t rock up in large numbers

POBT

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like the idea, but think the only way it would work is if it was against a smaller interstate club - GWS, for example.

To brand it as a Lions home game but have 60, 000 Richmond fans in the place would kill the vibe a little I think. Much better if it sounds and feels like a Lions home game - although I know that would mean a much smaller crowd.
I don't know that Melbourne based opposition fans necessarily turn out in the same numbers for "away" games in Melbourne. They have to buy match tickets on top of their membership fees which is obviously a disincentive. We'd still be outnumbered of course, against the big teams anyway, but I don't know that it would be as one sided as it would be it the opposition members had home ground rights.

dlanod

Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS; CCMariners; NQCowboys; Ravens
Perhaps we could play it at a smaller venue then? Princess park against an interstate team or north Melbourne. They wouldn’t rock up in large numbers
The AFL won't play AFL games at those stadiums. We could get Marvel against an interstate team, potentially, because it's AFL owned.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Will Richmond still get 60,000 fans if they are sh!t?

Jivlain

Hammelmann Appreciation Society
Sep 19, 2015
Cambridgeshire
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Swansea City, Gumbies FFC
If they can build a new hospital in Wuhan in 2 weeks surely they can have the Gabba done in 3-4 weeks max.
To do that sort of thing requires a lot of capacity and/or central planning.

During WW2 the US built the 14,474t Liberty ship SS Robert E. Peary in four and a half days, and the Welsh built a Wellington bomber in 24h, but we don't do that sort of thing anymore.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

During WW2 the US built the 14,474t Liberty ship SS Robert E. Peary in four and a half days, and the Welsh built a Wellington bomber in 24h, but we don't do that sort of thing anymore.
no OH&S and 30 layers of project managers

Dalions

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Just weld the dead bodies shut inside the hull.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Ford motor company produced the Consolidated B-24 Liberator under licence.

At the peak of production Ford were pumping out one B-24 bomber per hour at one of their plants. That's one four engined bomber per hour. Insane.

Not sure on the workforce numbers required for that level of productivity. Consolidated at one stage had 45,000 staff.

1639387124088.png

pulpdriver

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will Richmond still get 60,000 fans if they are sh!t?

Unlikely you'd think but they used to be able to get 40k to big losses for a while last time they had been down. Will be interesting to see if the rusted ons have grown after a period of dominance.

Grasshopper17

Way too much to say
Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
https://squiggle.com.au/ is back with updated probabilities for the 2022 season:

1639748972207.png

These are an aggregation/average of the various footy stats sites, not just Max's own predictions. Overall if they play out as above we go 16-6. That's similar to my original thoughts but I had us beating Essendon and losing to the Giants. There's a really important patch from rounds 8-13 where despite a bit of travel we really want to be winning all those games. If we can jag an early win against Essendon/Geelong/Sydney that gives us a bit more wriggle room later on.

Adding up the probabilities the site has us on 13 wins, equal with the Dogs, and in 2nd place (there must be some hidden rounding going on there):

1639749217168.png

Now obviously whoever does finish 2nd will finish with a few more than 13 wins, but that's the way the probabilities work before the season starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad