Fixture 2022 Fixture for the Lions

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Released today.

Obviously we have our bunnies in round 1 and an away Qclash in round 6.

Dreaming of a great draw for Victorian fans and when ut Released myself and many others will no doubt have our dreams crushed.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Buggered if I understand that 4:10 time-slot at Metricon - the late afternoon sun makes spectator and player visibility looking into the sun dreadful. If they delayed the start until 5:10 the problem is fixed.
Its because its Anzac eve and we are gane 2 of a triple header

Buggered if I understand that 4:10 time-slot at Metricon - the late afternoon sun makes spectator and player visibility looking into the sun dreadful. If they delayed the start until 5:10 the problem is fixed.

Yeah that timeslot is dreadful. Game is basically unwatchable for the first quarter.

almagoo

Senior List
Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Only the 4 Melbourne games and 1 at Geelong. That's a shame, but not unexpected at this point.

2 games at the MCG - Demons and Richmond. Those will be big. Melbourne at home to finish the season is exciting too.

Dees at the MCG would be a good one to get to. Same with the Tiggers.

Round 9 and 10 will be tough, Crows in Adelaide followed by Hawks in Tassie, one week to recover at home and then off to Perth in Rd 12. Honestly I see this as going to be a bit of a rough middle of the season if we don't get ourselves settled earlier than previously.

02A7365A-A1A6-4F67-AC29-CED2E141D535.jpeg
A8162E84-00C3-44E5-9863-4DD576885E67.jpeg

And St Kilda.

Given we finished top 4 again I think it's a pretty kind draw.

Saints, Essendon and GWS should be that rung below again, Suns are the Suns and I think we'd have wanted two cracks at Melbourne before the end of next season.

By my calculations and ignoring the last two years, only the second time in merger history that we've only been scheduled four games in Melbourne, 2013 being the other year.

Given we finished top 4 again I think it's a pretty kind draw.

Saints, Essendon and GWS should be that rung below again, Suns are the Suns and I think we'd have wanted two cracks at Melbourne before the end of next season.
Hard to see us losing a game really.

Back