Prediction 2022 Fixture - that's entertainment. Your Freo predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

I like that Carlton game to be in round 1. Would be a good game for pick no. 6 to earn a rising star nomination...
Carlton Richmond round 1 seems a permanent fixture nowadays

Dale's post has our requests for the fixture. key/interesting ones for me are
  • Both WA clubs investigating doing their own 'Dreamtime' fixture as part of the Indigenous round
  • Both clubs want the derby to be on national FTA and on Friday night (lol, not a chance)
  • wanting to avoid playing in Tassie, NT or Geelong (6 in Vic, 2 at AO, 1 in NSW, 1 in QLD)
  • Want home game round 1, sunday night games for Len Hall game (day before ANZAC day) and on the WA Day long weekend (we had that as well this year yeah?)
Surely this list is just us taking the piss so we can say see, they never give us what we ask for

https://www.afl.com.au/news/687057

Good to see freo on the front foot requesting more Saturday night home matches for our country members like west coast just did, or requesting more free to air games on primetime like Adelaide just did.
Oh wait, we didn’t. 🙄

Surely this list is just us taking the piss so we can say see, they never give us what we ask for
“you want the derby played on a Friday night on FTA? you’ll get Sunday afternoon on fox and you’ll like it”

Waiting for this so I can book flights home. Last time I fkd up and had to go to an Eagles game.
Oh man, half way across the world to share an isle with some stuck up, chardonnay drinking prudes! Yeesh, I feel for you.

No more Sunday morning games please. Would love to enjoy a beer with the footy.

One thing the AFL did well in COVID was holding back on setting the fixture. If we’re playing well, the AFL should give us better time slots. I hope they follow that method again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently AFL want all 10 Victorian teams to play one another round 1 as reward for the long suffering public, poor babies.
So gold coast away for us?

Apparently AFL want all 10 Victorian teams to play one another round 1 as reward for the long suffering public, poor babies.

Probably but I hope not. They tend to start seasons well and then turn to s**t. We always get them early when they are playing well. I want s**t GC for once.

sauce?

also was 2021 *that* bad for fans of vic clubs? they had 3-4 months with crowds at the footy iirc, fans probably had the chance to see 7-8 games at least in person, which obviously isn’t great but isn’t markedly different to what we get/got (also the crowds were kinda s**t this season when they had them)

I reckon Gil will agree to everything with the caveat that: "Games can be moved to the Freo... uh sorry... the Super Sunday WA Prime Time Slot at any given time".

Personally I think we're shaping up to be one of the more entertaining sides, a bit like when the previously defensively dour Arsenal lost their 'Boring Boring Arsenal' moniker upon Wenger's arrival (for the old school EPL fans out there). Still don't see us getting much Friday night action though.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

surely we'll get a home game first up given the fact we've played away two years in a row now?
Gil: you’ll get a Sunday evening game against GC in Cairns or some s**t in round 1 and you’ll like it

Sooner of later Gold Coast are going to take off. Too much high end draft talent goes through their doors. Has to start paying off one day.

I prefer Ade at home round 1. I think they will be one of the weaker sides again. I can see all the non-victorian teams do well next year except Ade and the Eagles.

Sooner of later Gold Coast are going to take off. Too much high end draft talent goes through their doors. Has to start paying off one day.

I prefer Ade at home round 1. I think they will be one of the weaker sides again. I can see all the non-victorian teams do well next year except Ade and the Eagles.
As gaskin pointed out, we always get them early before their wheels fall off regardless. But I agree, once Clarkson gets up there they'll kill it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back