Prediction 2022 Fixture - that's entertainment. Your Freo predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Gil will agree to everything with the caveat that: "Games can be moved to the Freo... uh sorry... the Super Sunday WA Prime Time Slot at any given time".

Personally I think we're shaping up to be one of the more entertaining sides, a bit like when the previously defensively dour Arsenal lost their 'Boring Boring Arsenal' moniker upon Wenger's arrival (for the old school EPL fans out there). Still don't see us getting much Friday night action though.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the AFL has learnt from COVID, they won't lock fixtures for the whole year ahead.

Yes we'll know who we're playing but days/times will be scheduled weeks in advance to ensure the good games get primetime.

If we're s**t, we'll get Sunday arvo. Simple.

Highly likely we will play Brisbane or Gold Coast according to this

If.. and a big if, the afl swap the home fixtures around from 2021 then we should be at home. Brisbane played at home last year and Gold Coast played West Coast in Perth so it would be looking highly likely that we are playing Brisbane. Adelaide is the other possibility having played a home game last year. Definitely it’s either Adelaide or Brisbane. Brissy would be a huge test given they absolutely flogged us last season and a chance to avenge that disaster, while Adelaide would possess a good opportunity (no excuses) to start the season off in fine form with a young group set to take a huge lead much like we did in 2010

the good news - we have Adelaide in round 1
the bad news - it’s away again ffs, 3 years in a row…

Odds on it being our home game for Easter Saturday?

Only way I’ll be able to make a game *if* I can actually get to Perth in the first place.
don’t think it’ll be our home game - think it’ll be r5 so it will probably be away

the good news - we have Adelaide in round 1
the bad news - it’s away again ffs, 3 years in a row…
I'm not even sure having them round 1 is good news. I'd rather be having a crack at Port as underdogs and trying to get them on the hop, rather than play a bottom team likely to be up and about.
Hopefully it means we get them twice though even that isn't guaranteed with the AFL

Last edited:
Pretty annoyed, third straight away game opener, not what we needed for a fast start. Hopefully at least this year our final game will be at home for balance but it wasn't last year. Hate to whinge already but we haven't gotten any favours from a fixturing perspective for a long time and that looks to be continuing.
Must be nice to be handed a cheap kill like GC at Optus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale's post has our requests for the fixture. key/interesting ones for me are
  • Both WA clubs investigating doing their own 'Dreamtime' fixture as part of the Indigenous round
  • Both clubs want the derby to be on national FTA and on Friday night (lol, not a chance)
  • wanting to avoid playing in Tassie, NT or Geelong (6 in Vic, 2 at AO, 1 in NSW, 1 in QLD)
  • Want home game round 1, sunday night games for Len Hall game (day before ANZAC day) and on the WA Day long weekend (we had that as well this year yeah?)

Looks like AFL ignored the round 1 home request.

Not suprised by the slightest

Interesting how many of these requests actually happen

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn v North Melbourne, MCG, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 3.40pm ACDT, Fox
West Coast v Gold Coast, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST, Fox

Are 4:40 games at Burswood on a Sunday a thing now?

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn v North Melbourne, MCG, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 3.40pm ACDT, Fox
West Coast v Gold Coast, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST, Fox

Are 4:40 games at Burswood on a Sunday a thing now?
That time of year due to the heat

1 game to start the season at home in the last 5 years are u kidding me what is this s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back