Prediction 2022 Fixture - that's entertainment. Your Freo predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the club's requests pre draw, we have done OK, Obviously haven't got everything we asked for (who does?), but at least we got some.

Play home round 1 :heavymultiply:
Play Sunday Anzac Eve :heavymultiply:
Play Sunday WA Day Eve - unknown
Friday Night Derby - :heavymultiply: for first and unknown for second
No games in Tasmania :heavycheck:
No games in NT :heavycheck:
No games in Geelong :heavymultiply:
Six games in Melbourne :heavycheck:
Two games in Adelaide :heavymultiply:

Can't agree with those saying it's an easy draw but we had easy draws the last two years and it's done us no good, so maybe a harder one will galvanise.

Of the club's requests pre draw, we have done OK, Obviously haven't got everything we asked for (who does?), but at least we got some.

Play home round 1 :heavymultiply:
Play Sunday Anzac Eve :heavymultiply:
Play Sunday WA Day Eve - unknown
Friday Night Derby - :heavymultiply: for first and unknown for second
No games in Tasmania :heavycheck:
No games in NT :heavycheck:
No games in Geelong :heavymultiply:
Six games in Melbourne :heavycheck:
Two games in Adelaide :heavymultiply:

Can't agree with those saying it's an easy draw but we had easy draws the last two years and it's done us no good, so maybe a harder one will galvanise.
we wanted two games in adelaide?

Illustrious company we keep:

The Dockers, Hawthorn and Gold Coast are the only clubs without matches in the marquee Thursday and Friday timeslots over the opening six rounds

The double ups are rough. Reigning premiers twice and the rest of them being teams that will expect a top 8 finish...
We always play West Coast twice.

If we hope to make the 8 or better, we shouldn't be troubled by the rabbles at Carlton and Saints.

I expect us to be similar to GWS in 2022.

Melbourne twice is unfortunate.

Lot more positives than negatives in my opinion.

We always play West Coast twice.

If we hope to make the 8 or better, we shouldn't be troubled by the rabbles at Carlton and Saints.

I expect us to be similar to GWS in 2022.

Melbourne twice is unfortunate.

Lot more positives than negatives in my opinion.
You never know how these things turn out. Who's going to be a bust and who booms. If the draw had us getting Melbourne twice this time last year it'd possibly be seen as a positive and who knows if they'll have the hangover next season.

A lot of people didn't want Freo games in Tassie. Fair enough.

I actually wanted one to be honest. Happy to beat the hawks in Tassie last season.

I think on a good day, Freo could of beaten north in Tassie too.

Happy to see Freo here in South Australia in round 1. Saying that I am keen for Freo to beat Essendon in round 5 in Marvel. We have had 3 narrow losses in a row in 2019, 20 and 2021.

But having a glance at the draw it's similar the last season in terms on which parts are easier and which part ofthe draw is tough.

The 1st 3rd of the draw is good. A lot of winnable home games and a couple of beatable away games.

The 2nd 3rd of the draw is ok. Again a few home games that I expect Freo to win narrowly.

The last 6-7 Are tough. But if Freo win those games, we deserve to make finals. I predict froe will get between 9-13 wins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Fox Footy (not that I give a rip what they say...):

FREMANTLE

Round 1:
Adelaide Crows at Adelaide Oval, Sunday March 20 at 4:10pm

Round 2: St Kilda at Optus Stadium, Sunday March 27 at 6:20pm

Round 3: West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium (away), Sunday April 3 at 6:20pm

Round 4: GWS Giants at Optus Stadium, Saturday April 9 at 7:25pm

Round 5: Essendon at Marvel Stadium, Sunday April 17 at 4:40pm

Round 6: Carlton at Optus Stadium, Saturday April 23 at 7:40pm

Round 7: Geelong Cats at GMHBA Stadium, Saturday April 30 at 1:45pm

Round 8: North Melbourne at Optus Stadium, Friday May 6 at 8:40pm

Round 9: Gold Coast Suns at Metricon Stadium, Sunday May 15 at 1:40pm

Round 10: Collingwood at Optus Stadium

Round 11: Melbourne at the MCG

Round 12: Brisbane Lions at Optus Stadium

Round 13: Hawthorn at Optus Stadium

Round 14: BYE

Round 15: Carlton at Marvel Stadium

Round 16: Port Adelaide at Optus Stadium

Round 17: St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Round 18: Sydney Swans at Optus Stadium

Round 19: Richmond at Marvel Stadium

Round 20: Melbourne at Optus Stadium

Round 21: Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium

Round 22: West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium (home)

Round 23: GWS Giants at Manuka Oval

Average percentage of double-up opponents: 100.74% (Ninth-easiest)

Pros ... A return to Friday night in Round 8, though it won’t be on free-to-air in the east ... could they be 3-0 or 4-0? It looks pretty plausible to us... while they start the year in their very common Sunday late afternoon timeslot, they at least get some variety after that ... a couple of three-week blocks at home is quite welcome.

Cons ... None of their double-up opponents come from the bottom five of the ladder, making it a bit trickier than it seems ... that run to end the season is rough, with five games against 2021 finalists plus St Kilda away, Richmond away and a Derby.

Grade: C-

I think it would be a mistake to under estimate Carlton next year.

Meh. Carlton are going to be their usual mediocre selves despite the media circle jerk and everyone buying into it. I say the same thing about them and Saints every year when the hype comes in. I really just don't see it.

I love the fixture release video the club released on Twitter.
Particularly looking forward to games against the ‘Yukky Eagles’, ‘man in a suit!, and ‘a fire person’ 😂

Gotta love it when the club gets the young kids involved. More great work from the media team.

*im s**t at posting Twitter links*

Meh. Carlton are going to be their usual mediocre selves despite the media circle jerk and everyone buying into it. I say the same thing about them and Saints every year when the hype comes in. I really just don't see it.
Especially without Jones. I also think they think Cerra is more than he is. He compliments Brayshaw and Serong... Not so sure about Walsh and Cripps. Different midfield completely.

Going off this afl article on AFL.com...View attachment 1294705
The fact they got the double ups wrong means their whole rating is wrong as well, they had us with the 7th hardest draw but counted Crows as one of our double ups instead of Carlton with a score of 1+7+9+10+15=42 It should have been 1+6+9+10+13=39 (looks like the also ranked GWS by H&A ladder and didn’t take into account the fact they beat the swans in week 1 of the finals which means they actually finished as 6th best team)
We ended up with 2xtop 6 teams, 2x middle 6 teams and 1x Bottom 6 team, who were the top of the bottom 6 teams. This is the hardest draw they could give us while still meeting their own criteria of playing other teams based on which group of 6 you finished in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back