Prediction 2022 Fixture - that's entertainment. Your Freo predictions.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
At least it's a mcg game

Purple dynamite

All Australian
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bayern munich
200.gif

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Here before people whine about the AFL not giving us primetime fixtures. Why some of you care about the AFL giving us attention or noticing us I'll never understand. Who cares?

As long as we're winning games and playing our brand of football the timeslot we get put in doesn't matter.

Here before people whine about the AFL not giving us primetime fixtures. Why some of you care about the AFL giving us attention or noticing us I'll never understand. Who cares?

As long as we're winning games and playing our brand of football the timeslot we get put in doesn't matter.
Regular Friday night and Saturday night national audiences allows us to get paid more for our sponsorship deals.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Regular Friday night and Saturday night national audiences allows us to get paid more for our sponsorship deals.
I mean that's great for the club and all but I'm not all too bothered about our team's sponsorship deals, I watch us to see us play.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
I might be wrong but did the club request to have a sunday afternoon game on the WA long weekend in June.

Hence possibly why the lions game would be a sunday.

They did last year against the Dogs and there was talk they wanted it to be an annual thing.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nobody in Melbourne wants to watch two interstate teams play regardless of how well they are performing. It's all about the TV and ratings.
* them. It’s a national competition.
This does not happen in literally any other pro sport in the world. Every team gets a reasonable level of exposure.
It’s so amateur by the afl to only put Victorian teams in the major TV slots.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
They continue to utensil-up the bye fixturing.

No way should a team coming off a bye play a team who's played the week before. Statistically, it's stark the disadvantage in W/L the team coming off the bye has. Teams in the third week of byes are especially disadvantaged as they are playing that much longer without a break.

Carlton get the advantage of playing us after our bye (while they had theirs two weeks before).

fu** them. It’s a national competition.
This does not happen in literally any other pro sport in the world. Every team gets a reasonable level of exposure.
It’s so amateur by the afl to only put Victorian teams in the major TV slots.
While I think the AFL is bullshit, this is false. The NBA greatly favours big market teams in national coverage.

Back