Fixture 2022 Fixture Wish List & Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Well now that the trade/free agency period is all but over, and the draft is a good 5-6 weeks away I guess the fixture is the next best thing to discuss.

With us finishing in the middle 6 of the ladder we should get a much more favourable draw in 2022.

As a middle 6 team we can double up against a top 6 team twice same goes with a bottom 6 side, while we can double up against the other teams in the middle 6 up to 3 times.

So that means we can double up against pretty much any 5 teams next year. For mine the 5 teams I'd like to double up against are: Melbourne Port Essendon Carlton and Collingwood.

Despite the dislike of opposition fans we're likely to start the season against Carlton in Round 1. We'll also have the ANZAC Eve game against Melbourne and the Dreamtime game against Essendon.

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7
Round 8
Round 9
Round 10
Round 11
Round 12
Round 13
Round 14
Round 15
Round 16
Round 17
Round 18
Round 19
Round 20
Round 21
Round 22
Round 23

Feel free to use the above to have a go at your own fixture remembering there is also a bye to be included.

We might have finished 12th but I still reckon we will cop a tough draw next year. 13th is supposed to be the fixture sweet spot. Twice to Perth, twice to Sydney and twice to Brisbane I'd imagine.

We might have finished 12th but I still reckon we will cop a tough draw next year. 13th is supposed to be the fixture sweet spot. Twice to Perth, twice to Sydney and twice to Brisbane I'd imagine.

Guaranteed they’ll handicap us again. Even though we had the toughest draw over the last four years. They’ll do their usual thing and give us multiple back to back away games either side of the bye and probably a 4-5 game streak of no home MCG games in there. Probably in the first half of the year to make the second half look more forgiving although we‘d have to peel off 12 straight wins to make the top four.

Yes I am bitter and twisted about the AFL using the FIXture to handicap teams.

Mitch Cleary said on the news last night we have requested all 11 home games to be at the MCG, instead of those shitty “home” games v interstate sides at Marvel
In before 5 home games at marvel

Are we getting times locked in this year or a rolling fixture again?
Don't quote me and my feeble memory but I'm sure I saw somewhere that they have said they want to lock it in next year and not do the floating fixture again.
Probably have to see where the Covid situtation is at once the season starts even if they do lock in times.

Don't quote me and my feeble memory but I'm sure I saw somewhere that they have said they want to lock it in next year and not do the floating fixture again.
Probably have to see where the Covid situtation is at once the season starts even if they do lock in times.

99% sure I read the same mate. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 vs Carlton MCG Away
Round 2 vs North MCG Home
Round 3 vs Fremantle Optus Away
Round 4 vs Geelong MCG Home
Round 5 vs Melbourne MCG Home

Round 6 vs Sydney SCG Away
Round 7 vs Hawthorn MCG Home
Round 8 vs Port AO Away
Round 9 vs Collingwood MCG Home
Round 10 vs Adelaide MCG Home

Round 11 vs Essendon MCG Away
Round 12 BYE
Round 13 vs Saints Marvel Away
Round 14 vs Gold Coast Metricon Away
Round 15 vs GWS MCG Home
Round 16 vs Collingwood MCG Away
Round 17 vs Melbourne MCG Away
Round 18 vs Carlton MCG Home
Round 19 vs
WCE MCG Home
Round 20 vs Bulldogs Marvel Away
Round 21 vs Port MCG Home
Round 22 vs Brisbane Gabba Away
Round 23 vs Essendon MCG Home

I for one am actually sick of playing Carlton in Round 1...

Let them get beat up a bit first then flog them in round 7!

I actually wouldn't mind starting with a low key match up first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back