Fixture 2022 Fixture

Who will we get double ups against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So, after getting 9 interstate games in 2021 I'm hoping we only get 4 or 5 at most next season. As a middle 6 side again our double ups will contain:

1 or 2 of Melbourne, Port, Geelong, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney
2 or 3 of Sydney, West Coast, Richmond, Fremantle and St. Kilda
1 or 2 of Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorne, North Melbourne, Adelaide and Gold Coast

Personally I'm hoping for the following:

Double ups: Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle, Carlton, Collingwood
Away games: Brisbane, Greater Western Sydney, Fremantle, Adelaide and North Melbourne (Hobart)

We haven't doubled up against Melbourne since 2005. We have doubled up against everyone else at least twice in that time.

No more Sunday arvo games. Wish AFL would drop it and play Sun night or Thurs nights all season.

AFL screwed us with sh*t fixturing final rounds.

NO Round 1 opener with any of these options:
- Brisbane at the Gabba
- Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval
- Sydney at the SCG
- GWS at Spotless
- Geelong at GMHBA

Can Mother Nature also give us a dry night for Dreamtime (vs Richmond) or better yet play it at Marvel?

I would like to play both WA, SA and NSW sides at Marvel in a return game, when/if we play them away.
I would prefer Geelong (home or away) at the MCG.
No night games in Queensland, day or twilight only.
After yesterday, I would prefer if we never, ever have to go back to Launceston again (sorry to all the people who live down there).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double ups against Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn and Melbourne.

Playing Sydney and West Coast in Melbourne, GWS in Canberra (possibly Round 1), North Melbourne in Hobart.
Well the first part can't happen

It can.

They and Carlton can host us at the MCG and we host them at Marvel...plus we host Geelong at the MCG too
Um, no it can't. Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorne all finished bottom 6. We can play a maximum two of the bottom 6 twice. Therefore it can't happen

Sunday 1.10 at Marvel please.
Released in about 3-4 weeks. Clubs had to hand their submissions to HQ over a week ago.

With likelihood we will potentially still be at 80-85% capacity for round 1, you’d hope the club will be trying to avert a home game fixture against a Victorian club at Marvel, given Marvel capacity will be possibly limited to 44-45,000. Remember last year there was a call to move our Hawks opener to the G to ensure all supporters could get in? Let’s hope this stuff up is averted with good planning.

Best case is a round 1 home fixture against either Geelong or Hawthorn at the MCG. Or, a lowly Victorian / interstate club at honest Marvel.

This should be the year that the AFL finally schedules Collingwood away from a prized prime time MCG slot in opening round given they finished bottom 4 in 2021.

Thursday (Tigers/ Blues) and Friday night (Demons/Bulldogs) are taken. That likely leaves Saturday night or an attractive 1:10pm MCG family fixture hopefully for Essendon.

Anyone got any insights?

Back