Fixture 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got some tips for the hospitality options at Blundstone?

Both the Locker Room and BBQ Deck look great options.

Executive club I doubt would be good for a fan. Maybe business owners in Hobart, but it seems too upmarket for most.

And the Kanga Lounge looks exposed to the elements if there are any.

This rolling fixture has got to go.

I’m sitting trying to plan kids parties, catch ups, interstate trips etc, but it’s impossible not knowing when we play.

Agree. I'm trying to find legitimate excuses to avoid watching us play such as kids parties, catch ups and interstate trips.

Speaking of the fixture, how did it come to pass that in the first 10 rounds last year's bottom side will play last year's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th (in Brisbane), 7th (in Sydney), none of the other bottom 4 from last year, have a trip to Perth, only 3 home games in its home state, and only 5 in total in Victoria?

I mean, yeah, we suck and would struggle to beat a lot of VFL sides, but s**t-a-brick, what happened to the days where Gold Coast, GWS and Melbourne would all play each other in the first few rounds to ensure at least one of them got off to a decent start?

Last edited:
This rolling fixture has got to go.

I’m sitting trying to plan kids parties, catch ups, interstate trips etc, but it’s impossible not knowing when we play.
The AFL don't give a s**t about the match going supporter.

As long as they can satisfy the "theatre goer" with high profile TV match ups and ensure that no one goes blind watching colour clashes, all is good in their world.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The AFL don't give a s**t about the match going supporter.

As long as they can satisfy the "theatre goer" with high profile TV match ups and ensure that no one goes blind watching colour clashes, all is good in their world.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Your absolutely correct

Agree. I'm trying to find legitimate excuses to avoid watching us play such as kids parties, catch ups and interstate trips.

Speaking of the fixture, how did it come to pass that in the first 10 rounds last year's bottom side will play last year's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th (in Brisbane), 7th (in Sydney), none of the other bottom 4 from last year, have a trip to Perth, only 3 home games in its home state, and only 5 in total in Victoria?

I mean, yeah, we suck and would struggle to beat a lot of VFL sides, but s**t-a-brick, what happened to the days where Gold Coast, GWS and Melbourne would all play each other in the first few rounds to ensure at least one of them got off to a decent start?
Yeah, I literally had my daughter's birthday party yesterday while the game was on.

On your other point, I wonder if our improvement in the second half of the year (from not having to play the best teams) will be used against us if we ask for a priority pick.

Yeah, I literally had my daughter's birthday party yesterday while the game was on.

On your other point, I wonder if our improvement in the second half of the year (from not having to play the best teams) will be used against us if we ask for a priority pick.

Reckon we’d need 6+ wins from here to remove ourselves from PP calculations.

Which I can’t see happening. Even once we hit lighter fixturing, which is beyond round 14…..

Reckon we’d need 6+ wins from here to remove ourselves from PP calculations.

Which I can’t see happening. Even once we hit lighter fixturing, which is beyond round 14…..

Why do people keep thinking we’re getting a priority pick?

We ain’t. They are for teams the AFL wants to succeed

No mate, they want an even playing field where every game is of interest to the broadcasters. They don’t want dead rubbers like we keep dishing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because having us be as bad as we are will be bad for tv.

The previous broadcast deals added $400m for 9 games a round.

Right now there are 8 and a bye and it is been happening consistently for nearly 3 years.

They will have to do something because it will cost them money not to.

Who is watching our games to sell advertising too?

The sycophants on here? All couple of hundred of us?

Right now there are 8 and a bye and it is been happening consistently for nearly 3 years.

Yep. Serves them right as well. For years we have received nothing from them to help - no picks during expansion, the maximum amount of travel on top of our sold games (I mean seriously, they regularly schedule us to play in Launceston as well) - they deserve all the pain and hopefully they will actually learn something.

I think your underestimating the draw of a car crash. People don’t speed up when they see an accident to avoid having to see injury or perhaps dead people. They slow down and get a real good view.

We are as relevant now as we’ve ever been, I’m sick of the Norf are irrelevant asswipes, Ken Bullshit. We are everywhere.

I’m firmly in the corner it’s not as bad as people are making out.

Melbourne of whenever that was could flood the backline and literally build a wall. We are exposed one on one after each goal due 666 and are losing by half what they did, without just about our 7 most important players.

No Cunnington, McKay, Simpkin, Jason, Hall, Comben and Phillips.

I lay the boots in at every opportunity but I just don’t see the issues you’re seeing, as we sit with record membership and record number of top 25 draft picks (for us) to watch.

We’re not even on the bottom of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back