Fixture 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't detest that an elite professional sporting competition has turned into a business. The competition has grown and matured. But an elite professional sporting competition/business doesn't have to exist without a heart, without empathy with its own roots, without a conscious, without an understanding of its own place in the community. Gil has to please the bottom line, fair enough, but to the extent of what?

Fixturing is an obvious tool to marginalise teams. It stands to reason that a team that only gets one FTA timeslot a year, one MCG appearance a year over a sustained period, one Friday/Saturday night match a year is being marginalised. The argument of "win more games" is understandable but doesn't hold up against a 17th placed Collingwood, or consecutive bottom 5 Adelaide or Hawthorn.
That's how large businesses work. All that s**t gets in the way of maximising profits.

I think its about time the AFL realised that footy grounds are too big for effective tv viewing and took appropriate steps to make the grounds smaller...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong and Essendon lock horns in the annual “Country Game” on Saturday from 2.10pm, before Hawthorn hosts North Melbourne on Sunday from 1.10pm, both at the MCG.
Ahhh good old 1.10pm Sunday ….
only on Foxtel & the “hidden” “ no one bar competing supporters give a rats about “ game of the round 👍
DF4F7B34-2EF7-4AEE-A63E-37233D00DB27.gif

You're selling them short. They also invented indigenous footballers. And maybe doped up footballers too.

I say we give them a PED game as well. Maybe against WC.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Don't forget ANZAC Day, they invented that too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back