Casboult - moore
Chol - Howe
Lukosius - magden
Holman - daicos
Ainsworth - Maynard
Rankine - quaynor
Rosas - noble

What do you think Jen2310 ?
Yeah.. that looks like pretty good match ups.

And Pendles may rotate through midfield and half back (with Nick?) So sometimes you may find Pendles down there. Crisp seems to spend more time midfield than down back right now.

How the hell did we get such a bad draw in the first 9 rounds of the season when we finished 16th on the ladder last year? It's currently the end of round 7 and we've already played 5 of the top 8 with 2nd and 4th to come in the next 2 weeks...

How the hell did we get such a bad draw in the first 9 rounds of the season when we finished 16th on the ladder last year? It's currently the end of round 7 and we've already played 5 of the top 8 with 2nd and 4th to come in the next 2 weeks...

We get gifted easy draws every other year. We were due

9 wins, 4 chances for me :) I expect to lose a couple of expected wins and win a couple of chances. 9-10 wins total. Dew survives.
The rounds 1 and 4,5 will be critical early.

R1- West Coast Away CHANCE
R2- Melbourne Home LOSS
R3- Giants Away LOSS
R4- Carlton Home WIN
R5- StKilda Home WIN
R6- Lions Home LOSS
R7- Collingwood Away CHANCE
R8- Sydney Away LOSS
R9- Fremantle Home WIN
R10- Dogs Ballarat LOSS
R11- Hawks Darwin WIN
R12- North Darwin WIN
R13- Bye
R14- Adelaide Home WIN
R15- Port Away LOSS
R16- Collingwood Home WIN
R17- Richmond Home CHANCE
R18- Essendon Away LOSS
R19- Brisbane Away LOSS
R20- West Coast Home WIN
R21- Hawthorn Launceston LOSS
R22- Geelong Home WIN
R23- North Away CHANCE
It's interesting reading posts like this back. We always knew we were a chance to beat West Coast and Carlton in rounds 1 & 4 and that Melbourne and GWS were likely going to be losses. No one could have predicted St Kilda would be this good in 2022 so the loss there is forgivable and we all knew Brisbane were going to be very difficult to beat. The main result we should be disappointed with is Collingwood. They're better this year than last but it's certainly a game I think we all felt was winnable.

To counter the unexpected loss/es to St Kilda and/or Collingwood, we'll probably have to spring an upset or 2 over the next 3 weeks to keep our season alive. 2-5 isn't season over but it's getting close. We have a good recent record against Sydney (3-2 in our favour since 2018 and 2 of our wins were at the SCG), Fremantle have a bad recent record at Metricon (3 consecutive losses at Metricon and haven't beaten us there since 2015) and the Bulldogs seem to be a shadow of the team they were last year. We know the draw opens up for us after round 10 so we need to win at least 1 of the next 3 to give ourselves any chance but I'd go a step further and say we probably need to win 2 of the next 3 to have a shot.

Last edited:
It's interesting reading posts like this back. We always knew we were a chance to beat West Coast and Carlton in rounds 1 & 4 and that Melbourne and GWS were likely going to be losses. No one could have predicted St Kilda would be this good in 2022 so the loss there is forgivable and we all knew Brisbane were going to be very difficult to beat. The main result we should be disappointed with is Collingwood. They're better this year than last but it's certainly a game I think we all felt was winnable.

To counter the unexpected loss/es to St Kilda and/or Collingwood, we'll probably have to spring an upset or 2 over the next 3 weeks to keep our season alive. 2-5 isn't season over but it's getting close. We have a good recent record against Sydney (3-2 in our favour since 2018 and 2 of our wins were at the SCG), Fremantle have a bad recent record at Metricon (3 consecutive losses at Metricon and haven't beaten us there since 2015) and the Bulldogs seem to be a shadow of the team they were last year. We know the draw opens up for us after round 10 so we need to win at least 1 of the next 3 to give ourselves any chance but I'd go a step further and say we probably need to win 2 of the next 3 to have a shot.
No doubt, pendulum is swinging towards a new coach and another lost season. Extremely frustrating.

Still not over yet but getting close. 4 W is absolute minimum by bye. Honestly, I believe we have a shot against anybody especially at home. We can't just deliver.

Main issue is not the oppositions but our consistency. We were competitive and had our chances in all games except GWS. When it clicks we look gold followed by absolute dog breakfast. We did change our game style, try to take game on through corridor but turnovers killed us against Collingwood. First quarters against Lions and Collingwood decided the games.

Oppositions study us and know how we want to play and counter attack and open us up on turnovers. Some major structural issues, broken assignments, midfield work in progress. Some players form fluctuates.

Yes, from outside, I would probably also make some changes to line-ups like a lot of people suggest. Ellis and Sharp/Atkins on wings, Swallow midfield/HF (no defence). Fiorini only mostly inside or omitted (could rotate with Anderson/Rowell). Replace Macpherson with Flanders/Hollands.

Plenty of negatives from Collingwood game especially regarding some players performances. A lot of them did not deliver.

Just to finish it off on positive note - here are 2 positives from Collingwood game. For the first time, Casboult and Chol worked well together and did not try to kill each other. Ainsworth again delivered a great performance including set-shots.

Bring on Swans :p

So our fixture based on ladder position so far
Round 1: WC 18th
Round 2: Melb 1st
Round 3: GWS 15th
Round 4: Carl 6th
Round 5: Stk 4th
Round 6: Lions 2nd
Round 7: Pies 8th
Round 8: Syd 5th
Round 9: Freo 3rd
Round 10: WB 10th
Round 11: Hawks 11th
Round 12: North 17th
Bye
Round 14: Crows 12th
Round 15: Port 13th
Round 16: Pies 8th
Round 17: Tiges 9th
Round 18: Dons 16th
Round 19: Lions 2nd
Round 20: WC 18th
Round 21: Hawks 11th
Round 22: Cats 7th
Round 23: North 17th

So far we’re 2-5 and we’ve played 5 top 8 teams (3 top 4). So as bad as I would have liked to be 3-4 or 4-4, we are realistically sitting where we should, especially without our key forward.

Unfortunately, our first 10 games are against 7 of the top 8 (all of the top 6 teams), so hopefully we can snag one more in the next three, but it is very unlikely.

After round 10, our next 12 games are against 3 top 8 teams.

Fair to say we have had the fixture from hell so far and will continue until round 10 when we verse the dogs. But after that, there are plenty of games that are up for grabs and our fixture is significantly easier.

Last year we actually won 3 of our last 8 games and we had a much harder end to the year. I think after round 10, we’ll still manage to win another 6 or so games and actually have the chance to finish the year on a positive note.

So our fixture based on ladder position so far
Round 1: WC 18th
Round 2: Melb 1st
Round 3: GWS 15th
Round 4: Carl 6th
Round 5: Stk 4th
Round 6: Lions 2nd
Round 7: Pies 8th
Round 8: Syd 5th
Round 9: Freo 3rd
Round 10: WB 10th
Round 11: Hawks 11th
Round 12: North 17th
Bye
Round 14: Crows 12th
Round 15: Port 13th
Round 16: Pies 8th
Round 17: Tiges 9th
Round 18: Dons 16th
Round 19: Lions 2nd
Round 20: WC 18th
Round 21: Hawks 11th
Round 22: Cats 7th
Round 23: North 17th

So far we’re 2-5 and we’ve played 5 top 8 teams (3 top 4). So as bad as I would have liked to be 3-4 or 4-4, we are realistically sitting where we should, especially without our key forward.

Unfortunately, our first 10 games are against 7 of the top 8 (all of the top 6 teams), so hopefully we can snag one more in the next three, but it is very unlikely.

After round 10, our next 12 games are against 3 top 8 teams.

Fair to say we have had the fixture from hell so far and will continue until round 10 when we verse the dogs. But after that, there are plenty of games that are up for grabs and our fixture is significantly easier.

Last year we actually won 3 of our last 8 games and we had a much harder end to the year. I think after round 10, we’ll still manage to win another 6 or so games and actually have the chance to finish the year on a positive note.

Unfortunately this is all we have to look forward to every year is making excuses to why we are losing again

From 244 games 61 wins 2 draws and 181 losses and here we are again searching for positives to look out for

Aft

There’s always some self fulfilling prophecy in these perspectives
If we’d won games we maybe should have they wouldn’t be top 8 and we would be
Welcome to Groundhog Day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately this is all we have to look forward to every year is making excuses to why we are losing again

From 244 games 61 wins 2 draws and 181 losses and here we are again searching for positives to look out for
I think we’ve played like a bottom four side so far this year and extremely disappointed that our season feels over already.

But in reality our best 22 is mid table and take away our 40-50 goal kicking key forward and probably the hardest first 10 rounds in the comp, it’s no surprise where we’re at. I just think we’re in a position to build into the season due to having a much easier second half of the year and a more mature team than in previous years.

And just like that, we're back in a competitive position for the finals race. Due to our upset win over the Swans and other results falling a certain way, we're guaranteed to finish the round just a single win behind 8th position. The real challenge is backing up the win over the Swans with a win over Fremantle, who happen to be placed on top of the ladder right now.

Getting back to back top 4 wins is the exact kind of statement we want to make right now. Fremantle have struggled at Metricon over the last five years or so (three losses in a row) and morale would be high amongst our players right now. Do we need to beat Fremantle to keep our season alive? No. Would beating Fremantle dramatically increase our chances of playing finals this year? Yes.

We find ourselves on the cusp of a massive turnaround. Will our players make this a reality? I can't wait to find out!

I posted this on main board.

First 9 rounds our opponents were 27 wins 10 losses at the time of the game

Our 4 home games were against Melbourne 1st, Brisbane 2nd, Freo 3rd, carlton 6th

Need to win the winnable ones back half.

Hi everyone sorry to intrude, can someone tell me when the next suns game is in melb? And is a open training session held here in melbourne? Tia
Going by the fixture. July 15 v Saints at Marvel.
The club usually mentions on their social media on their training session closer to the game.

We did not play in Darwin last year b/c of covid.
Played Hawks at the SCG instead.

So I assume we are playing two homes games in Darwin (TIO) this year to make up for last year?
Hawks and Kangas.

Time to knuckle down and make Darwin a good place for us to play, b.c we are starting to play well at Metricon.
It should be good for us, a bit like the Freo game. Warm and humid, cake of soap.

We did not play in Darwin last year b/c of covid.
Played Hawks at the SCG instead.

So I assume we are playing two homes games in Darwin (TIO) this year to make up for last year?
Hawks and Kangas.

Time to knuckle down and make Darwin a good place for us to play, b.c we are starting to play well at Metricon.
It should be good for us, a bit like the Freo game. Warm and humid, cake of soap.
Correct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back