Fixture 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The ladder is becoming ridiculously tight with every match that passes. So much so that currently we're just two wins ahead of the Crows who are in 15th position on the ladder and if we beat them on Sunday then we'll be just two wins behind Carlton who are 4th on the ladder. All we can do is win the games we've got ahead of us and just hope results fall accordingly and then when it's our chance against a fellow top 8 contender like Collingwood or Richmond then we need to strike. Exciting times ahead!

KaySwizzle

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The ladder is becoming ridiculously tight with every match that passes. So much so that currently we're just two wins ahead of the Crows who are in 15th position on the ladder and if we beat them on Sunday then we'll be just two wins behind Carlton who are 4th on the ladder. All we can do is win the games we've got ahead of us and just hope results fall accordingly and then when it's our chance against a fellow top 8 contender like Collingwood or Richmond then we need to strike. Exciting times ahead!
It is a crazy tight comp for the most part. I now feel anxious for Suns games AND while checking scores for other games. It’s a lot more fun though, feeling like we could have an influence on the back half and even make a push.

It would also be nice if some top 6 teams could beat our rivals (Collingwood, Richmond, Dogs)… but it’s all moot if we don’t win our games.

One game at a time.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Carlton & Saints losing is opening the door for us, they have two of the toughest draws while we have the easiest. cmon boys

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Carlton & Saints losing is opening the door for us, they have two of the toughest draws while we have the easiest. cmon boys
The pathway is starting to become more clear for us. Carlton (4th) are currently three wins ahead of us and St Kilda (8th) are two wins ahead of us but we do happen to have a game in hand right now. So if we beat Adelaide on Sunday, we'll be two wins behind Carlton and one win behind St Kilda. After that we have Port Adelaide, Carlton have Fremantle and St Kilda have Sydney. So if we can win our next two games and St Kilda lose to their highly fancied opponent next week, then we may find ourselves inside the top 8 at the conclusion of round 15.

Even better, Carlton and St Kilda play each other on the Friday night in round 16 so that just opens the door even more for us going into the blockbuster Collingwood game on the Saturday night at Metricon. Get ready ladies and gentlemen. Things are about to get VERY interesting!

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Finals came early this round, Every top 8 team plays another top 8 team.

If we win against Port, and some luck here and there we could potentially end the round in the 8. Last game of the round, lets see all the dominos fall over

Finals came early this round, Every top 8 team plays another top 8 team.

If we win against Port, and some luck here and there we could potentially end the round in the 8. Last game of the round, lets see all the dominos fall over
One crazy, exciting weekend coming up tbh. I may even go to most of the games in melb. Went to the rich v carl game on thur, but the game itself was pretty average.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I know Jen won't want to read this but GWS would be doing us a huge favour if they could take down the under fire Magpies on Sunday arvo. That would essentially guarantee us a top 8 spot if we go on to beat Port Adelaide later that day and sets up a huge clash the following week against the Pies at Metricon where we'll be trying to defend our place in the top 8 in front of a massive home crowd.

I think I'd rather be defending a top 8 spot at home than trying to steal a top 8 spot from the opposition because it becomes almost like an 8 point swing at that stage given our percentage is a lot better than Collingwood's right now and getting two up on a team like Collingwood at the conclusion of round 16 is MASSIVE for our finals aspirations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Jen won't want to read this but GWS would be doing us a huge favour if they could take down the under fire Magpies on Sunday arvo. That would essentially guarantee us a top 8 spot if we go on to beat Port Adelaide later that day and sets up a huge clash the following week against the Pies at Metricon where we'll be trying to defend our place in the top 8 in front of a massive home crowd.

I think I'd rather be defending a top 8 spot at home than trying to steal a top 8 spot from the opposition because it becomes almost like an 8 point swing at that stage given our percentage is a lot better than Collingwood's right now and getting two up on a team like Collingwood at the conclusion of round 16 is MASSIVE for our finals aspirations.
Haha nah its fine, I totally understand. And part of me wishes not to make finals to get a better pick lol I'm a bit torn tbh.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haha nah its fine, I totally understand. And part of me wishes not to make finals to get a better pick lol I'm a bit torn tbh.
Collingwood had a great run with injuries this year apart from Grundy and in his case it almost looks like Collingwood don't not need him and 1M could be used on other players.

Collingwood best 22 is very good, experience everywhere, played beautiful footy in the last game when the line-up was 4th oldest. I think you will make finals if minimal injuries continue but probably not ideal for long-term re-build.

Not going to game, just too many Collingwood fans around :p It will be crazy.

Collingwood had a great run with injuries this year apart from Grundy and in his case it almost looks like Collingwood don't not need him and 1M could be used on other players.

Collingwood best 22 is very good, experience everywhere, played beautiful footy in the last game when the line-up was 4th oldest. I think you will make finals if minimal injuries continue but probably not ideal for long-term re-build.

Not going to game, just too many Collingwood fans around :p It will be crazy.
Thats true, our injury list has been next to nothing apart from the talls which didn't help when we didn't have roughy available, then kreuger went down. But overall, this new HP bloke has done wonders.
And you're correct, best 22 is pretty compeitive. Experience mixed with some good kids and playing a good style of footy.
Good for the right now, but once the likes of pendles retires (when he reaches 500 games? lol) sidebottom is also at the end. Howe, then it wouldn't be ideal. They aren trying to rebuild on the run lol

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thats true, our injury list has been next to nothing apart from the talls which didn't help when we didn't have roughy available, then kreuger went down. But overall, this new HP bloke has done wonders.
And you're correct, best 22 is pretty compeitive. Experience mixed with some good kids and playing a good style of footy.
Good for the right now, but once the likes of pendles retires (when he reaches 500 games? lol) sidebottom is also at the end. Howe, then it wouldn't be ideal. They aren trying to rebuild on the run lol
Plenty of good young players.

I’m sure there are more father some waiting in the wings too.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So Jordan De Goey has taken indefinite personal leave from Collingwood. This probably means he won't play against us next Saturday night.

So Jordan De Goey has taken indefinite personal leave from Collingwood. This probably means he won't play against us next Saturday night.

Hard to say. The club hopes he will take this week and then come back next week; but it’s up in the air. More of a wait and see how he goes. We’ll know more by Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Plenty of good young players.

I’m sure there are more father some waiting in the wings too.

There are but hard to say whether they are any good. This year there is Nicky Christian. The son of the MRO. But he’s very young.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

KingCoasters

Senior List
Jun 22, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Surely this has to be the most important three weeks of footy in the clubs history.

Port Adelaide - Away
Collingwood - Home
Richmond - Home

If we don’t win one of them it’s season over and maybe it’s season over if they don’t win two with how the ladder is panning out.

Couldn’t be more excited for the Collingwood game. I’ve heard they’ve already sold 20k+ tickets, which unfortunately will mostly be pies fans, but will be great to have a large crowd regardless, which I’ll be blind drunk in. I was at the 2014 game against Collingwood which was easily my best memory as a suns fan, so hopefully history repeats itself (without the massive injury toll which came out of the game).

Surely this has to be the most important three weeks of footy in the clubs history.

Port Adelaide - Away
Collingwood - Home
Richmond - Home

If we don’t win one of them it’s season over and maybe it’s season over if they don’t win two with how the ladder is panning out.

Couldn’t be more excited for the Collingwood game. I’ve heard they’ve already sold 20k+ tickets, which unfortunately will mostly be pies fans, but will be great to have a large crowd regardless, which I’ll be blind drunk in. I was at the 2014 game against Collingwood which was easily my best memory as a suns fan, so hopefully history repeats itself (without the massive injury toll which came out of the game).

I still remember that game so well, the noise of the crowd after the siren, the dropped mark in the dying seconds, no men left on the bench for the 4th quarter. Up until now, it was our peak before everything went to s**t, hopefully this year (finally) we climb higher.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd

Port Adelaide - Away
Collingwood - Home
Richmond - Home

100%. We need to win 1-2 of them. I reckon we can do it too

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We got the results we wanted today. Geelong beat Richmond and Sydney weakened St Kilda's percentage.

A Collingwood loss tomorrow would be handy but it's virtually impossible for us to enter the top 8 tomorrow anyway. A win over Port tomorrow either gets us to equal 7th or equal 8th but our percentage isn't quite good enough to be inside the top 8 yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back