Fixture 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the draw. We always start seasons strong and therefore I would expect us to win 2-3 of our first 5 rounds against the Eagles, Blues and Saints. I would also say we're even a chance against GWS in round 3 after what happened this year when we beat them. Then the next five rounds we hav winnable games against Collingwood, Fremantle at home and potentially Sydney with the way we touched them up at the beginning of this year.

The following five matches are where we are either going to put ourselves in the frame for finals or we're going to fall away and waste another season. North (Darwin), Hawthorn (Darwin), Adelaide (Metricon), Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) and Collingwood (Metricon) should render four wins for us, at bare minimum three wins. If all goes according to plan, we should be sitting pretty on 8-10 wins by that stage, with only 2-4 more wins required in the last 7 rounds to make the finals.

Richmond (Metricon), Essendon (Marvel), Brisbane (Gabba), West Coast (Metricon), Hawthorn (Launceston), Geelong (Metricon) and North (Marvel) is the equivalent of coming home with a wet sail. Besides Brisbane and Geelong, I feel we're at least a 50/50 chance in all those games and should be the favourites against West Coast (at home), Hawthorn and North Melbourne. It's certainly set up well for us to go on a nice run leading into the finals...

What is really evident is how important it is for us to get wins in the first 10 rounds. IMO we need to win at least 4 of our first 10 games to give ourselves a chance of qualifying for the finals.

Happy with the draw. We always start seasons strong and therefore I would expect us to win 2-3 of our first 5 rounds against the Eagles, Blues and Saints. I would also say we're even a chance against GWS in round 3 after what happened this year when we beat them. Then the next five rounds we hav winnable games against Collingwood, Fremantle at home and potentially Sydney with the way we touched them up at the beginning of this year.

The following five matches are where we are either going to put ourselves in the frame for finals or we're going to fall away and waste another season. North (Darwin), Hawthorn (Darwin), Adelaide (Metricon), Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) and Collingwood (Metricon) should render four wins for us, at bare minimum three wins. If all goes according to plan, we should be sitting pretty on 8-10 wins by that stage, with only 2-4 more wins required in the last 7 rounds to make the finals.

Richmond (Metricon), Essendon (Marvel), Brisbane (Gabba), West Coast (Metricon), Hawthorn (Launceston), Geelong (Metricon) and North (Marvel) is the equivalent of coming home with a wet sail. Besides Brisbane and Geelong, I feel we're at least a 50/50 chance in all those games and should be the favourites against West Coast (at home), Hawthorn and North Melbourne. It's certainly set up well for us to go on a nice run leading into the finals...

What is really evident is how important it is for us to get wins in the first 10 rounds. IMO we need to win at least 4 of our first 10 games to give ourselves a chance of qualifying for the finals.
Yep we don’t want to be chasing wins towards the back end and relying on results to go our way for us to make it. If we can bank some wins early it really does set us up. Fingers crossed for a healthy list to give us a real crack at contending for finals. I’m sure Dew will be thinking the same with more reasons to get wins on the board than any other season.

Happy with the fixture! Going over it last night i tend to agree- have us with 8 very winnable games and 4 that if we have some luck we will go close.
If we get a good run with injuries and some confidence we will be right in the mix

Yep we don’t want to be chasing wins towards the back end and relying on results to go our way for us to make it. If we can bank some wins early it really does set us up. Fingers crossed for a healthy list to give us a real crack at contending for finals. I’m sure Dew will be thinking the same with more reasons to get wins on the board than any other season.
Don't forget we had a late season surge in rounds 16, 17, 18 and half of 19 (21 too) and that's something we've never seen play out in previous seasons. This is a quickly maturing group that would back itself next year to rack up multiple wins in the last 8 rounds against what appears to be easier opponents. What's crucial is that we get enough wins in the first 10 rounds but I'm confident about that as well because we always start seasons well and that's never really been an issue for us.

I've got a good feeling about 2022.

Don't forget we had a late season surge in rounds 16, 17, 18 and half of 19 (21 too) and that's something we've never seen play out in previous seasons. This is a quickly maturing group that would back itself next year to rack up multiple wins in the last 8 rounds against what appears to be easier opponents. What's crucial is that we get enough wins in the first 10 rounds but I'm confident about that as well because we always start seasons well and that's never really been an issue for us.

I've got a good feeling about 2022.

Don't forget the Carlton win was worth 2...
In Melbourne and they still had a sniff.

And they got Jack Martin for free! Apart from the money that is. And only playing well every 5th game. But other than that, good luck to all.

Full fixture to be released later today

2022 FIXTURE
Round One
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS Optus Stadium (FOX) 7:40pm

Round Two
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Melbourne Metricon Stadium (FOX) 8:00pm 7:00pm

Round Three
GWS GIANTS vs. Gold Coast SUNS GIANTS Stadium (FOX) 1:10pm

Round Four
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Carlton Metricon Stadium (FOX) 4:10pm

Round Five
St Kilda vs. Gold Coast SUNS Marvel Stadium (FOX) 1:45pm

Round Six
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Brisbane Lions Metricon Stadium (FOX) 4:10pm

Round Seven
Collingwood vs. Gold Coast SUNS MCG (FOX) 1:10pm

Round Eight
Sydney Swans vs. Gold Coast SUNS SCG (FOX) 1:45pm

Round Nine
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Fremantle Metricon Stadium (FOX) 1:10pm 1:10pm

Round Ten
Western Bulldogs vs. Gold Coast SUNS Mars Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Eleven
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Hawthorn TIO Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Twelve
Gold Coast SUNS vs. North Melbourne TIO Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Thirteen
Byes: Gold Coast SUNS

Round Fourteen
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Adelaide Crows Metricon Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Fifteen
Port Adelaide vs. Gold Coast SUNS Adelaide Oval (TBC) TBC

Round Sixteen
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Collingwood Metricon Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Seventeen
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Richmond Metricon Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Eighteen
Essendon vs. Gold Coast SUNS Marvel Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Nineteen
Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast SUNS The Gabba (TBC) TBC

Round Twenty
Gold Coast SUNS vs. West Coast Eagles Metricon Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Twenty-One
Hawthorn vs. Gold Coast SUNS University of Tasmania Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Twenty-Two
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Geelong Cats Metricon Stadium (TBC) TBC

Round Twenty-Three
North Melbourne vs. Gold Coast SUNS Marvel Stadium (TBC) TBC

I thought it would be interesting to look at some of our potential milestone games in 2022. I'm just going to base it on the assumption that all our guys will play every game this season for convenience.

• R7 v Collingwood @ MCG - Sam Day's 150th AFL game
  • R10 v Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium - Oleg Markov's 50th AFL game
  • R12 v North @ TIO Stadium - Touk Miller's 150th AFL game
  • R14 v Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium - Noah Anderson's 50th AFL game
  • R18 v Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - Chris Burgess' 50th AFL game
  • R19 v Brisbane @ Gabba - Josh Corbett's 50th AFL game
  • R20 v West Coast @ Metricon Stadium - Mabior Chol's 50th AFL game
  • R21 v Hawthorn @ Launceston - Izak Rankine's 50th AFL game
  • R23 v North @ Marvel Stadium - Jack Bowes' 100th AFL game
  • and one more just in case... PF/GF v TBD @ TBD - David Swallow's 200th AFL game

It seems likely at this stage that both Day and Touk will hit 150 games for us at some point in 2022 which will secure them both life membership. Also it looks like we're going to have a fair few milestone games towards the backend of the season which is probably a good thing considering that's when the boys will be tiring and facing seemingly easier opposition that are probably beatable is a good thing if the boys have the right mindset going into the matches. There's also the potential carrot of finals still being up for grabs going into the multiple milestone games at the backend of the season so the boys shouldn't really need more motivation to perform. I know this is extremely unlikely but a home preliminary final for Swallow's 200th would be really special. Dare to dream!

probably does. Thats on the cusp of finals. Or does finals need to be the minimum?
I don’t know the answer to that I just think it’s interesting that we know there needs to be significant improvement for him to stay but I’m not sure what the bar is

I don’t know the answer to that I just think it’s interesting that we know there needs to be significant improvement for him to stay but I’m not sure what the bar is
D
Fair bit of talk on this thread about 10 wins being a good result, my question is does 10 wins get Dew to keep his job?
I think it may all come down to how competitive we are and if there are any decent options out their. I Don't buy into Clarkson talk.Be very surprised if he came to the Suns. I personally hope we are are praising Drew by season end and more importantly the players.GO THE SUNS

Does anyone else feel we're already halfway to an acceptable amount of wins in the first month of the season? Facing West coast away, Melbourne at home, GWS away and Carlton at home was always going to be tough but I feel if we can get out of this tough month with at least two wins then we'll be in a great position going forward for the rest of the season. Do others feel this way as well?

d026ad258b859d1b8babae7923aa5e96.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking, its easter weekend followed by Anzac weekend and its school holidays, we have the greatest holiday destination for families and we are playing away in Melbourne then home against Brisbane. Seems a real missed opportunity to get an interstate team up to pack out the stadium( not that its ideal to be full of opposition fans) and promote the game up here. Could even make it an annual thing against a particular team so they can plan their holidays each year for that weekend.

Just thinking, its easter weekend followed by Anzac weekend and its school holidays, we have the greatest holiday destination for families and we are playing away in Melbourne then home against Brisbane. Seems a real missed opportunity to get an interstate team up to pack out the stadium( not that its ideal to be full of opposition fans) and promote the game up here. Could even make it an annual thing against a particular team so they can plan their holidays each year for that weekend.
Spot on

Happy with the draw. We always start seasons strong and therefore I would expect us to win 2-3 of our first 5 rounds against the Eagles, Blues and Saints.

I know quoting yourself is a bit of a campaigner type of move but we're just one win away from starting the season the way I predicted in December by taking down the Eagles, Blues and Saints but losing to the Demons and Giants. As I said in December, the biggest thing right now is just ensuring we secure enough wins in the first 10 rounds to set us up for a real crack at the top 8 in the second half of the season. Securing 5 wins in the first 10 rounds would be an outstanding result IMO and it's really quite achievable when you think about it because we only need to win 3 of our next 6 to make it a reality.

St Kilda (Marvel), Brisbane (Metricon), Collingwood (MCG), Swans (Metricon), Fremantle (Metricon) and Bulldogs (Ballarat) are our next 6 games. Current ladder positions would suggest that is a tough run - 4th, 2nd, 8th, 6th, 3rd and 14th. It may be hard to believe but by the end of round 9 we will have already played 7 of the current top 8 teams. Fortunately, it does mean we only play 3 of the current top 8 teams in our final 12 rounds of the season. Hence the reason it's so important for us to rack up a few wins over the next 6 weeks and that should allow us to really launch an assault towards a permanent top 8 position.

Beating St Kilda on Saturday arvo is crucial in a lot of ways because they do seem a little vulnerable right now and we just have to take full advantage whenever we come up against a vulnerable team like we did against Carlton. A win over the Saints would also give us some breathing space for the QClash the following week and I feel that's important.

I know quoting yourself is a bit of a campaigner type of move but we're just one win away from starting the season the way I predicted in December by taking down the Eagles, Blues and Saints but losing to the Demons and Giants. As I said in December, the biggest thing right now is just ensuring we secure enough wins in the first 10 rounds to set us up for a real crack at the top 8 in the second half of the season. Securing 5 wins in the first 10 rounds would be an outstanding result IMO and it's really quite achievable when you think about it because we only need to win 3 of our next 6 to make it a reality.

St Kilda (Marvel), Brisbane (Metricon), Collingwood (MCG), Swans (Metricon), Fremantle (Metricon) and Bulldogs (Ballarat) are our next 6 games. Current ladder positions would suggest that is a tough run - 4th, 2nd, 8th, 6th, 3rd and 14th. It may be hard to believe but by the end of round 9 we will have already played 7 of the current top 8 teams. Fortunately, it does mean we only play 3 of the current top 8 teams in our final 12 rounds of the season. Hence the reason it's so important for us to rack up a few wins over the next 6 weeks and that should allow us to really launch an assault towards a permanent top 8 position.

Beating St Kilda on Saturday arvo is crucial in a lot of ways because they do seem a little vulnerable right now and we just have to take full advantage whenever we come up against a vulnerable team like we did against Carlton. A win over the Saints would also give us some breathing space for the QClash the following week and I feel that's important.
4 wins after 10 and we are a real chance. A bit of luck with Injuries will probably dictate a little bit on how we finish the year off but on paper we are a capable of having a good back half

I think three wins from our next six games would be a great result. They’re all a potential flip of the coin and none easy. Two wins I would consider acceptable. Anything less is not acceptable.

yeah, should make it an annual thing v a vic team. Make it a time where a way to promote both QLD teams

Kinda like the now traditional lions v pies easter thur game. Its the lions biggest revenue (no surprises) and its sold out.

Casboult - moore
Chol - Howe
Lukosius - magden
Holman - daicos
Ainsworth - Maynard
Rankine - quaynor
Rosas - noble

What do you think Jen2310 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back