Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
FMewxNOVkAIhjip

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
When you include those two, who do you drop for top 6 fwd?
Just imo I'd want Dunks, Parker, English then if they get DPP Bont and Smith lol.

Not so sure about Boak, he seems to fade as the season goes on, although he'll still probably good enough for as a forward.

Just imo I'd want Dunks, Parker, English then if they get DPP Bont and Smith lol.

Not so sure about Boak, he seems to fade as the season goes on, although he'll still probably good enough for as a forward.
Is that your 6, no Gawn no Heeney?

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
Gawn won't get it imo. Maybe Heeney, he seems to have slowed down though.
Heeney watcher here. Last 3 weeks, he has kicked 1.8, given away 4 free kicks and been the victim of Mills, Kennedy and Warner winning just about every clearance available to him when in mids. When forward, he has been just a fraction off getting those half-chances he had earlier on. He has still eked out an average of 90 over that time. It'll turn for him soon enough, 150 looming.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
There’s not a chance even if you wanted to get this forward line it would be attainable. Way too many trades needed imo with also having the top guys on every other line

Yeah I wasn't being serious. It did make me think though if there was 3 or 4 uber premos to get dpp like Bont, Gawn etc... the people who saved trades and could get them all as forwards would have a big advantage.

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
I'm a little concerned he's going up against Darcy, I may even bench him this week.
If anyone knows why Phillips and Pittonet got injured early when against Darcy, can they share to allay my hopefully unfounded misgivings ?
Pretty sure Pittonet got hurt in pack situation, dunno about Phillips.
Witts mauled SD and although DC is no monster man like JW, something is clearly off with SD. As the inventor of the DC ploy, you'd well note DC's performance against Witts, to give some context.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm finding it pretty tricky to find favourable trades in the leadup to the early byes for the forward line.

More so than other parts of the field.

I'm pretty stacked with players for round 14, when Brodie is my only fwd premo not playing.

All the obvious top 6 forward contenders have a bye on rounds 13 or 14: English, Dunks, Treloar, Libba, Parker, Heeney, Dusty, Lynch... there's only three clubs producing candidates it seems.

Other than those guys, the only options based on current form seem to be Darcy Cameron and Zac Bailey?

Its a pain in the arse because I'd like to finalise my forward line without unnecessarily throwing away points in the byes, but I can't find a solution to it.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm finding it pretty tricky to find favourable trades in the leadup to the early byes for the forward line.

More so than other parts of the field.

I'm pretty stacked with players for round 14, when Brodie is my only fwd premo not playing.

All the obvious top 6 forward contenders have a bye on rounds 13 or 14: English, Dunks, Treloar, Libba, Parker, Heeney, Dusty, Lynch... there's only three clubs producing candidates it seems.

Other than those guys, the only options based on current form seem to be Darcy Cameron and Zac Bailey?

Its a pain in the arse because I'd like to finalise my forward line without unnecessarily throwing away points in the byes, but I can't find a solution to it.
post your team mate

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah been following all the rucks there are 3 inform rucks that can maul the others in,Witts/Preuss and Gawn just slipped of the list temporarily,and don't really care about Camerons ruck work,just picked him for his all round game and now being in the ruck gets him near the ball alot more.Just curious, and actually when you consider Darcy has been subbed out twice as well,maybe there is something there ?
Witts didn't maul Darcy though. Darcy still won hitouts by 10. Just wasn't his day and didn't get that many hitouts to advantage. Big difference between Witts and Darcy's scores were Witts 9 tackles to Darcy 1 tackle. Wet weather game not many big marks for Darcy to take. He scored 190 the week before.

This probably more ruck talk than forward talk at this point though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Pretty sure Pittonet got hurt in pack situation, dunno about Phillips.
Witts mauled SD and although DC is no monster man like JW, something is clearly off with SD. As the inventor of the DC ploy, you'd well note DC's performance against Witts, to give some context.
No he didn't, not even close.

Darcy won more hit-outs and was generally on top in the ruck. Darcy dropped everything and Freo had an off day so he didn't get the score involvements and contested marks like usual.

Witts got more involved around the ground (9 tackles to Darcy's 1)

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah $100k and one boost left.

If the byes didn't exist, I'd probably switch D Rioli fwd and upgrade him to one of Heeney, Dusty, English or Treloar.

Problem is... they all have one of the two first byes.
ok.
Depends what you want
if you want a mid
SDK + NWM + Macdonald
for
Khamis + Thompson + Walsh
Or if you want to improve your byes.
Nwm + Martin/Rioli
for
Thompson/Khamis + Zorko/ Dawson.
Trading out Martin seems the best for byes as you have 4 x r12 byes defenders.
Moving Rioli helps with that.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ok.
Depends what you want
if you want a mid
SDK + NWM + Macdonald
for
Khamis + Thompson + Walsh
Or if you want to improve your byes.
Nwm + Martin/Rioli
for
Thompson/Khamis + Zorko/ Dawson.
Trading out Martin seems the best for byes as you have 4 x r12 byes defenders.
Moving Rioli helps with that.
The two most appealing options for "finishing" my midfield are Laird and Mills.

The Crows and the Swans both have the Round 13 bye.

It seems like a waste of money to get them before then?

If SDK and S Hayes have a reasonable score this week, perhaps I should upgrade to Zorko (DPP and available for rounds 12 and 13) + a ruck rookie?

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The two most appealing options for "finishing" my midfield are Laird and Mills.

The Crows and the Swans both have the Round 13 bye.

It seems like a waste of money to get them before then?

If SDK and S Hayes have a reasonable score this week, perhaps I should upgrade to Zorko (DPP and available for rounds 12 and 13) + a ruck rookie?
Your major problem with the byes seems to be your defence r12.
5 x r 12 bye players will need fixing before r12 hits. 1 x r14 bye player.
I would plan on keeping SDK and McCartin until r13. Upgrade them then.
Personally I would move on one of your r12 maybe premos.
Rioli, Martin and Butters to a defender premo with the r14 bye. (Crisp, Dawson, Zorko)
NWM to one of the defender rookies this week is a free hit for you to improve that r12 bye.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Your major problem with the byes seems to be your defence r12.
5 x r 12 bye players will need fixing before r12 hits. 1 x r14 bye player.
I would plan on keeping SDK and McCartin until r13. Upgrade them then.
Personally I would move on one of your r12 maybe premos.
Rioli, Martin and Butters to a defender premo with the r14 bye. (Crisp, Dawson, Zorko)
NWM to one of the defender rookies this week is a free hit for you to improve that r12 bye.
okay, that makes sense. (though dawson has the round 13 bye)

so my trade schedule essentially looks like:

ASAP
Rioli + NWM > Zorko + some def rookie

AFTER R12
SDK + Hayes > Dustin Martin (if he looks the goods)

AFTER R13
PMac + Butters + N Martin + MacDonald > 2 of English, Heeney, Treloar

Clark + Hamilton > Mills or Laird

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
okay, that makes sense. (though dawson has the round 13 bye)

so my trade schedule essentially looks like:

ASAP

AFTER R12
SDK + Hayes > Dustin Martin (if he looks the goods)

AFTER R13
PMac + Butters + N Martin + MacDonald > 2 of English, Heeney, Treloar

Clark + Hamilton > Mills or Laird
r10
r11
rosas/macdonald to cleary
r12
hayes to 102k r/f rookie.
r13
double upgrade sdk to zerrett, paddy to dusty. mccomb to a rookie if more cash needed or for Laird.
something like that.

Last edited:
Interesting stat

98 of the top 100 teams own Will Brodie
the 2 that don't are ranked 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back