Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
FMewxNOVkAIhjip

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney
Heeney watcher here. Last 3 weeks, he has kicked 1.8, given away 4 free kicks and been the victim of Mills, Kennedy and Warner winning just about every clearance available to him when in mids. When forward, he has been just a fraction off getting those half-chances he had earlier on. He has still eked out an average of 90 over that time. It'll turn for him soon enough, 150 looming.
Agreed, he hasn’t been awful for the last 2-3 weeks , has just been poo in front of goal.

He kicked 1.2 against the Bombers and the ones he missed where gettable, could have easily been a 115-120 game.

Worth noting he has had some big games against Carlton recently too.

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
SOS Choose one for an F6 Swingman

1. De Goey
2. Butters
3. Fiorini

Cheers Lads/Ladettes!
Trying to put aside my dismay that Butters went back to the guts after I traded him, if that role continues, I'll be having to bite my inner pride and bring him back. The other 2 are cats, in racing parlance.

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
I’ve just had a browse of the top teams, and Heeney’s in a LOT of them.

But at this price point, does Heeney represent the bargain of the year for a perma f5/6, or the season’s most dastardly trap?
I suspect, trade-dependent, a lot of those who hold Heeney will be looking to trade him and take 1,2 or all 3 of Bont/Smith/English by Rd14 or 15.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lipinski was a bad upgrade.

25 touches 2 goals and scores 78. The campaigner gets the footy he just doesn't score well. Was either him or JDG and I went with him. Could possibly sideways him to JDG but not sure if it's worth it. Could also flick him off to Baz, Bont or Parker but it will cost me a fair chunk of cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lipinski was a bad upgrade.

25 touches 2 goals and scores 78. The campaigner gets the footy he just doesn't score well. Was either him or JDG and I went with him. Could possibly sideways him to JDG but not sure if it's worth it. Could also flick him off to Baz, Bont or Parker but it will cost me a fair chunk of cash.

I had him early and he’s done okay but he’ll be getting upgraded to Baz in his bye.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I think he averages more than the other 2 easily on the way home.
+ he is a bit of a pod.
Fair enough, but he's had one season above 87 - and that was 2020 which was inflated.

1 tonne out of 4 this season (I get he missed PS). Why so confident? Is it simply the low price? He's playing in a team that will get belted most weeks, which won't help his SC scores.

Doubt he easily averages more than Butters who seems to have turned his form around.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough, but he's had one season above 87 - and that was 2020 which was inflated.

1 tonne out of 4 this season (I get he missed PS). Why so confident? Is it simply the low price? He's playing in a team that will get belted most weeks, which won't help his SC scores.

Doubt he easily averages more than Butters who seems to have turned his form around.
He will get all the mid time he can handle IMO. North running Greenwood and all the under 23 mids has not worked great so far this year.
Injury is the risk with Jed not scoring. Im willing to take the gamble with only 11 rounds to go. He has an excellent ceiling for a forward.
I spent all week trying to work out a way of upgrading my f6 (Rioli) to English over then next 2 weeks trades.
I couldn't do it.
I then realized The easiest thing to do is downgrade Rioli to Jed and I get all the upgrades I want.
I will now be upgrading a 460k player over Rioli at 423k.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
He will get all the mid time he can handle IMO. North running Greenwood and all the under 23 mids has not worked great so far this year.
Injury is the risk with Jed not scoring. Im willing to take the gamble with only 11 rounds to go. He has an excellent ceiling for a forward.
I spent all week trying to work out a way of upgrading my f6 (Rioli) to English over then next 2 weeks trades.
I couldn't do it.
I then realized The easiest thing to do is downgrade Rioli to Jed and I get all the upgrades I want.
Couldn't you just downgrade McCartin and use that cash to upgrade Rioli to English?

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
I couldn't do it.
You obviously watch more North games so I reckon back yourself in with it. But to us on the outside we see a player who is a world class butcher who scored 55 points off 26 disposals two weeks ago in a terrible team. When there are already two other players you potentially need to upgrade in that line, you’re bringing in a third at this point of the season.

But honestly, I imagine watching North games right now is a struggle so having something else to cheer on even if it’s Jed Anderson’s 30m no look kicks to no one then I think that’s a good start. I traded in Ed Curnow in 2018 when we won a total of 2 games, so I at least had something to watch and he ended up averaging 101.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
McCartin is being upgraded next week to Zerrett to complete my team.
Rain hail or shine.
We're all getting Zerrett 🤣

I know you're in a furious hurry this year, but could you just wait a week or two to upgrade Rioli? Gives your rookies a little time to moo and who knows what happens in the mean time.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We're all getting Zerrett 🤣

I know you're in a furious hurry this year, but could you just wait a week or two to upgrade Rioli? Gives your rookies a little time to moo and who knows what happens in the mean time.
Rioli is a POD who is also a sub premo.
I have Rioli everyone else has Darcy Cameron.
He scores well I have a good round.
He needs to go at some stage and at his bye is a good time IMO.
Riolis ceiling is about 120.
Jeds is 170. (including 2020 scores)

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I imagine watching North games right now is a struggle so having something else to cheer on even if it’s Jed Anderson’s 30m no look kicks to no one then I think that’s a good start.
Why on earth would you do that when you could be selecting a player competing against North. Sadness insurance is the name of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back