Position 2022 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMewxNOVkAIhjip

Charlie Curnow ripped Carltons intra club match apart, moved brilliantly, worth a deep think.

Interested to see how Mitch Mcgovern plays as a defender. If he can hold the spot and has the talent half of what his brother has then he could be a decent cash generating option.

De Goey looking in good nick

View attachment 1314367
Even if he is fit he's peaked already in terms of output. He's shown as a player that likes to cruise in games every while like dusty. The only caviar is Dusty will probably not be playing anywhere near his best and de goey will probably end up in the top 10 of forwards for the season on avg. The thing is like dusty you'll rage over him when he does decide not to pump out a good performance and probably cost you a final or a top score.

Even if he is fit he's peaked already in terms of output. He's shown as a player that likes to cruise in games every while like dusty. The only caviar is Dusty will probably not be playing anywhere near his best and de goey will probably end up in the top 10 of forwards for the season on avg. The thing is like dusty you'll rage over him when he does decide not to pump out a good performance and probably cost you a final or a top score.
So over rated, posh nosh for w***ers!

That's an interesting call. Released into the midfield for the first time last season he showed he can score well.

I'm just hoping I don't have to pick him, because I really don't want his name in my team.

1642761617105.png

That's an interesting call. Released into the midfield for the first time last season he showed he can score well.

I'm just hoping I don't have to pick him, because I really don't want his name in my team.

View attachment 1314442
Contract year or FA too, I hate the guy BUT if he extracts the digit like i expect he will, top 6 fwd easy.

Only needs to be ticked off if Fly sees him as a mid/fwd, not as Bucks had him playing as fwd/mid.

View attachment 1314442

Just don't pick him.

It'll be fine. No loss.

His output has peaked apparently

I just rate de goey about the same as Devon Smith as a mid. He doesn't seem to do anything special as a mid. His real threat is around goals as already shown and when they have distance with their opponent. In fact I see Heeney as the same.

That saying I said he'll be top 10 but he's going to frustrate people who have him. I'd probably actually pick him though. The premo forward options outside of Dunks don't inspire me.

One caviat to that comment .....Contract Year !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don't pick him.

It'll be fine. No loss.

His output has peaked apparently

I just rate de goey about the same as Devon Smith as a mid. He doesn't seem to do anything special as a mid. His real threat is around goals as already shown and when they have distance with their opponent. In fact I see Heeney as the same.

That saying I said he'll be top 10 but he's going to frustrate people who have him. I'd probably actually pick him though. The premo forward options outside of Dunks don't inspire me.
Dunkley is a big worry for me. Capable of big scores if played purely as a mid. Injury prone. Played in an odd defensive stoppage role when he came back from injury last year. Don't pick him and he'll probably go nuts. Pick him and he'll get injured or Beveridged.

Great footballer, but there has to be concerns

1642764505768.png

Dunkley is a big worry for me. Capable of big scores if played purely as a mid. Injury prone. Played in an odd defensive stoppage role when he came back from injury last year. Don't pick him and he'll probably go nuts. Pick him and he'll get injured or Beveridged.

View attachment 1314460
2 years in a row he has burnt me.
I'm avoiding him this year.

View attachment 1314460
Dunkly couldn't get back in to form after injury. That said He's really underpriced for a dpp that can go 120+ most weeks and still under 24 yrs of age so as long as he keeps injury free he's a no brainer. He will still net you a 100k+ until injury if it happens again.

I think you need to review the basis of your ratings, De Goey may be a deplorable bloke but comparing him to lunchmeat as a mid is taking it too far!

Dunkly couldn't get back in to form after injury. That said He's really underpriced for a dpp that can go 120+ most weeks and still under 24 yrs of age so as long as he keeps injury free he's a no brainer. He will still net you a 100k+ until injury if it happens again.

Has been in and out of side, main concerns are role as has been stated.

Bulldogs exposed heavily in GF around lack of defensive instinct from mids at centre bounce, this may be a good sign for dunks.

But I’m almost willing to sit on my hands and see how he goes first, bulldogs have so many options.

Has been in and out of side, main concerns are role as has been stated.

Bulldogs exposed heavily in GF around lack of defensive instinct from mids at centre bounce, this may be a good sign for dunks.

But I’m almost willing to sit on my hands and see how he goes first, bulldogs have so many options.
Consensus of opinion from BULLDOG supporters is Libba's knees are shot .....will struggle to get thru the season ....Dunkley is his replacement ....question is when ?

Consensus of opinion from BULLDOG supporters is Libba's knees are shot .....will struggle to get thru the season ....Dunkley is his replacement ....question is when ?
So like Roma with Ryder just a matter of when

View attachment 1314460

This is my worry as well. What if the season starts and he's still playing the same role that he was at the end of last year? Are you going to pay $550k for someone who could come in and average 70? Seems like a risk to me.

Then again just about every forward option seems like a risk this year.

This is my worry as well. What if the season starts and he's still playing the same role that he was at the end of last year? Are you going to pay $550k for someone who could come in and average 70? Seems like a risk to me.

Then again just about every forward option seems like a risk this year.
He's not going to be playing the same role as last year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back