Position 2022 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMewxNOVkAIhjip

It's going to be a serious challenge bringing in a bunch of 110+ averaging guys into the fwds during season.
I'm looking to go the other way. Guys who start as fwd and add mid dpp to their game to show they are getting mid minutes.

I said capable, I don't think these guys would be averaging that much is they are playing >35% fwd.
For example we want Marshall and Ryder together the first 6 weeks so Marshall gets DPP, then we want Ryder to piss off and Marshall go back to solo rucking and up his output.

I said capable, I don't think these guys would be averaging that much is they are playing >35% fwd.
For example we want Marshall and Ryder together the first 6 weeks so Marshall gets DPP, then we want Ryder to piss off and Marshall go back to solo rucking and up his output.
Where you get 6 weeks from?

SuperCoach article says -
Other new features include the addition of new dual-position players mid-season
&
PLAYER POSITION UPDATES
At regular intervals during the season Champion Data will reassess player positions and assign dual-position status to players if their on-field role changes. For example, in 2021 Jack Ziebell was listed as a forward in KFC SuperCoach but spent the entire season at full-back – under the new rule he could become a FWD-DEF player mid-season.

Having 4 trades a week during the byes will be gold. Also reckon that using 10/11 trades during the byes will leave lots in the No Trades Club. You could gain a huge advantage if holding a few trades late in the season if there is covid-carnage, seems like a lot of players are getting it now, so they could have it again by July/August.
What would happen if for example Carlton played Hewett forward.
My understanding is he cant lose def/mid.
Would he end up a threeway?

So the obvious play now is to abandon the FWD line and wait for possible DPP additions for 110+ capable players like Danger, Fyfe and Marshall yeah?
I'm not so sure about this. With an extra 5 trades and a chance to use these booster trades, I might start with my loaded but still underpriced picks in the forwards (Dunks, Duncan, Heeney etc), then if they aren't keepers, use my extra trades in R13 and 14 to replace them with mids who have picked up FOW DPP and have had the bye (Marshall, Fyfe etc).

This would mean less expensive starting picks in midfield but I'm good with this because of the cash generation potential of the midfield rookies is almost always going to be better than forward line cheap picks. I also think Touk and Steele are priced at their maximum while there is value in Duncan and Dunkley (risk too of course).

As always the spread of rookie talent and their job security will have a lot to do with decisions.

I had forgotten how good Charlie Curnow is.
Some monster scores in their.
9x100s.
154 high score.

Last edited:
Will brodie just a poor footballer? 🤷‍♂️

New rules spurred me to completely change my FWD structure, only had 1 midpricer before, now I have 3.

Cogs, always in.
Curnow, don't love this pick, but Carlton have a fairly decent early draw, hopefully can quickly flip.
And I think Here2tellyouwhy propaganda has finally got to me, as Willie Rioli has made himself at F4. Had a mid/fwd rotation today in the WC scratchy, last time he played he averaged 48.8 over his first 7 games, then a whopping 92.5 over his last 7 (inc. 1 final).

I hate midpricers, but I think it's best to wait and see on possible DPPs at round 6 now, I don't think we'll come anywhere close to getting Petracca and Bont types, but we could get a Fyfe, and I'd consider almost any ruckman that picks up DPP.

Jade Gresham, even after the achilles surely needs to be spoken about more. 10 hundreds from his last 33 games and a further 5 90's shows he could feasibly end up one of the top 10 forwards this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jade Gresham, even after the achilles surely needs to be spoken about more. 10 hundreds from his last 33 games and a further 5 90's shows he could feasibly end up one of the top 10 forwards this year.

299k is just such a gross price.
Has to be a keeper from there doesn't he?
Achilles aren't easy to come back from.
May not have the role that saw his scoring trend upwards.
Too many ??? over what will be a top 6-10 FWD this year now that we will be getting additional DPP players.

Too many ??? over what will be a top 6-10 FWD this year now that we will be getting additional DPP players.
Im no SC genius but what is Gresh priced to average? That is what attracts me to him. When he plays, he scores well.

I think 80 average is his floor.
He will do better than 80 which gets him to 400k for an easy trade round 6.
That's worst case bar injury I reckon.

Im no SC genius but what is Gresh priced to average? That is what attracts me to him. When he plays, he scores well.
Priced at 55~
Gresham has managed to reach a peak price# of just under 470k in '18-'20.

New rules spurred me to completely change my FWD structure, only had 1 midpricer before, now I have 3.

Cogs, always in.
Curnow, don't love this pick, but Carlton have a fairly decent early draw, hopefully can quickly flip.
And I think Here2tellyouwhy propaganda has finally got to me, as Willie Rioli has made himself at F4. Had a mid/fwd rotation today in the WC scratchy, last time he played he averaged 48.8 over his first 7 games, then a whopping 92.5 over his last 7 (inc. 1 final).

I hate midpricers, but I think it's best to wait and see on possible DPPs at round 6 now, I don't think we'll come anywhere close to getting Petracca and Bont types, but we could get a Fyfe, and I'd consider almost any ruckman that picks up DPP.
Willie Rioli will be your Paddy Dow :moustache:

I think 80 average is his floor.
He will do better than 80 which gets him to 400k for an easy trade round 6.
That's worst case bar injury I reckon.
He is coming off 2 injury hit seasons. His best average is 84. How many players come back from a year out and are back to their best?

Too big a risk @ $299k for mine.

He is coming off 2 injury hit seasons. His best average is 84. How many players come back from a year out and are back to their best?

Too big a risk @ $299k for mine.
His last 11 games as a forward
1643242927825.png
He gets to 400k easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back