No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be shocking news if king has done his knee

Would be sad, but what is the history with 200cm+ key forwards in the league? Can't think of one that has had a long career playing that position at a high level.

It's the reason I thought if we ended up with Daniher we should have been looking at him as a ruckman, rather than a key forward.

Hopefully he is fine. But regardless, if we had him or his brother I would be looking at trying to develop both of them into ruckman rather that kpf. There is zero predecent for players of that height having long careers as dominant key forwards as far as I am aware.

Would be sad, but what is the history with 200cm+ key forwards in the league? Can't think of one that has had a long career playing that position at a high level.

It's the reason I thought if we ended up with Daniher we should have been looking at him as a ruckman, rather than a key forward.and

Hopefully he is fine. But regardless, if we had him or his brother I would be looking at trying to develop both of them into ruckman rather that kpf. There is zero predecent for players of that height having long careers as dominant key forwards as far as I am aware.
That is one of the most amazing things i've read on here , so Buddy , Pratt and Plugger should have all played in the ruck and while we are on it , throw in the Wizz

It's the reason I thought if we ended up with Daniher we should have been looking at him as a ruckman, rather than a key forward.

That may be because 200cm+ players generally lack the athleticism required to be a key forward. The King twins have no such worries, which is why they're a rarity and also the highly-rated prospects they are.

I also fail to see how rucking - probably the single position that has taken out more knees than any other - would be better for them injury-wise than if they continued to play as key forwards.

That may be because 200cm+ players generally lack the athleticism required to be a key forward. The King twins have no such worries, which is why they're a rarity and also the highly-rated prospects they are.

I also fail to see how rucking - probably the single position that has taken out more knees than any other - would be better for them injury-wise than if they continued to play as key forwards.

None of that changes the fact that there has not been a single really good 200cm+ key forward who hasn't had a serious injury or ended up as a ruckman or both. I dunno why it works out that way, but it is the reality. The King twins aren't the first.

That is one of the most amazing things i've read on here , so Buddy , Pratt and Plugger should have all played in the ruck and while we are on it , throw in the Wizz

What are some of the other amazing things you have read on here?

Try reading what I actually said. I am pretty sure Warwick Capper, or any of those other players you mentioned aren't 6'7+.

Ironically may actually help him stay at the Sun's.

Few clubs won't break the bank now.
I hope so, but part of me wants him to be poached to Victoria, citing the usual BS about homesickness, so that the AFL will do something about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this belongs here. When you open the Swans App, there is a pic of Jake Lloyd and you can see the bottom of his boot. I was very interested to see three long studs on the toe side of the boot. Lesser studs on the other side. That interested me. Mainly because ACLs are caused by hyperextension or by twisting the knee.

Are there any experts out there, who maybe work in a Sports Shop? Because I want to know if hhe boots are specific to AFL or are we now using soccer boots? Because they look like one of the soccer boot styles I remember from a long time back. I remember that many years ago there were different boots gor Aussie Rules, Soccer and Rugby. This was because the players have different needs in each sport. I look at these boots and they lokk like they could grip side on and cause a twist if the knee. Maybe a Sports Scientist can explain or help here.

This is only an enquiry. I am glad to take the advice of people who know better, like Sport's Scientists, fitness gurus and AFL experts in footwear

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

THE AFL will implement a crackdown on holding the ball interpretations in 2022, while it will also further punish delay of game tactics during the upcoming season.

The League wrote to all clubs on Monday, outlining that umpires will now be "less lenient towards players who have had prior opportunity and do not immediately and correctly dispose of the football".

The stricter holding the ball interpretation includes a focus on players ducking into tackles, with clubs warned that "a player who ducks their head prior to being legally tackled" will be penalised more stringently by umpires.

--------------------------------

Finally. My biggest grievance with the AFL (apart from throws by Bulldogs).

Hope this does become effective as it will promote more free flowing footy.
Again, the AFL goes for more interpretive decisions. It would be better if somebody just explained to the umpires what holding the ball, incorrect disposal and wasting time actually are. What I mean by that is by getting them all in a room and making them watch the 2016 GF and seeing what a balls up of the rules really looks like lol. Somebody needs to point out what they look like. Because I am sick of interpretation as every umpire is interpreting differently.

The delay I particularly hate is smashing into the player who has taken a mark. Oops! Bullsh*t! For mine that should be an automatic 50. The grabby stuff to prevent a quick play on might be a bit trickier and subject to interpretation.
I think holding the ball to a player to get a HTB is time wasting. What's more the player who is having the ball held to him is no longer in control. The player holding the Ba to him is in control. Therefore if a player tackles the tackler he should get the free for holding the ball.

Ironically may actually help him stay at the Sun's.

Few clubs won't break the bank now.

I dont think it would change anyones minds.

ACLs almost seem routine these days. Its not a broken bone or achilles or something like that.

I’m a bit tired of the off-season.

And yet, no matter how much I miss the footy, I can console myself by remembering that each passing day is another day Essendon haven’t won a final.

That makes me feel better.
Sad to say, got a feeling that streak will end this year. I think (sadly) they will be seriously good in the upcoming season :disappointed:

But there is always the fact that I'm terrible at making predictions and I'm wrong more than I'm right.....
And it's Essendon!

Sad to say, got a feeling that streak will end this year. I think (sadly) they will be seriously good in the upcoming season :disappointed:

But there is always the fact that I'm terrible at making predictions and I'm wrong more than I'm right.....
And it's Essendon!
Its Essedon. That is how people say this silly name.
And No. They will not win a final.
They will be successful in adding to the number of games without winning a final.

And it's Essendon!
Essendon went 1-9 against teams in the top 8 last year. Last years top 8 result may have been helped by a soft draw after finishing bottom 6 the previous year. Not convinced that they will make a further jump further up the ladder.

I hope I’m right I’d like the Essendon finals streak to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back