No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips out for the rest of year for North due to Glandular fever complications. As mentioned by some one on here took Heeney 2 years to get over his.

Hope people stop giving the kid a hard time now. Not his fault.
Not good for the Brownlow pre season comp i'm in where you pick 1 player from each club and he was all i could think of with Norf

Phillips out for the rest of year for North due to Glandular fever complications. As mentioned by some one on here took Heeney 2 years to get over his.

Hope people stop giving the kid a hard time now. Not his fault.

oh come on ... it's big footy, we have to blame someone!

The whole Tom Stewart incident has been really really weird.

Dion Prestia's wellbeing from the knock = 10% of the coverage
Richmond's disadvantage because of it = 10% of the coverage
What an amazing bloke Stewart is = 80% of the coverage

Not only that but as pointed out On the Couch last night. Prestia coming off the field took a couple of minutes. Geelong scored a goal while Richmond were reduced to 17 on the field.

Not only that but as pointed out On the Couch last night. Prestia coming off the field took a couple of minutes. Geelong scored a goal while Richmond were reduced to 17 on the field.
and
in the last quarter Richmond were down a mid
Chris Scott should not have said a word publicly given that Stewart would have been referred to the MRO

geelong factor ... the vic media have treated that club with an element of mythologising for more than a decade

Not to mention Richmond lost their most important player because of the opponent's actions. Not usually one to buy in to the "topic of the week" but the card factor has relevance here. As far as I'm concerned as soon as Prestia went off it should've been cya after the final siren Stewart.

Why was there a 50 m penalty against Gulden when Membrey has run around his mark - like isn't it "play on".
I might have missed an AFL explanation of this incident.

Not to mention Richmond lost their most important player because of the opponent's actions. Not usually one to buy in to the "topic of the week" but the card factor has relevance here. As far as I'm concerned as soon as Prestia went off it should've been cya after the final siren Stewart.
Don't need a send off rule . My club lost a player for 15 mins early in the season and he was on fire , the ump said head high contact , it was a shoulder bump !

Don't need a send off rule . My club lost a player for 15 mins early in the season and he was on fire , the ump said head high contact , it was a shoulder bump !

I'm not entirely sure that's comparable. I know it's hypothetical now but Prestia isn't knocked out, then Richmond win the game. I understand it's a fine line between a deliberate action that causes injury and an accident, but in clear cut cases such as this one, the footage should've been reviewed immediately, Stewart's action deemed deliberate, and therefore it marked down as a preventable injury to an opposition player. It's just not fair. Imagine if that was a final and it was decided by the single action of a single player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not entirely sure that's comparable. I know it's hypothetical now but Prestia isn't knocked out, then Richmond win the game. I understand it's a fine line between a deliberate action that causes injury and an accident, but in clear cut cases such as this one, the footage should've been reviewed immediately, Stewart's action deemed deliberate, and therefore it marked down as a preventable injury to an opposition player. It's just not fair. Imagine if that was a final and it was decided by the single action of a single player?
You mean like taking out someone's legs?

I don't understand why we cant have MRO staff, in between quarters, review blatantly obvious and completely disallowed actions, and make the call that if it warrants a 2+ week suspension, then they get red-carded.

The precedent has been set where the result of a bump >>> action of a bump. If a player is concussed, then the MRO always will give 2+ weeks. If that is the case, that a player is concussed, and the result will be 2+ week suspension, that player that chose to bump should be immediately disallowed from playing on.

King annoys me usually, but I'm 100% on his side with the concussion issue. We all look for excuses when a bloke almost took another guys head off.

Barry Hall just needed Chris Scott to tell everyone he helped old ladies cross the street & adored cuddly kittens.

He’d have gotten 1 week tops for “carelessly” hitting Staker.

Why was there a 50 m penalty against Gulden when Membrey has run around his mark - like isn't it "play on".
I might have missed an AFL explanation of this incident.

Strange that they would make changes to the rule but not address one of the most confusing calls of the weekend. It's almost as if they ****ed up and think it would be embarrassing apologising to us publicly for the 4th or 5th time in 6 years.

I don't understand why we cant have MRO staff, in between quarters, review blatantly obvious and completely disallowed actions, and make the call that if it warrants a 2+ week suspension, then they get red-carded.

The precedent has been set where the result of a bump >>> action of a bump. If a player is concussed, then the MRO always will give 2+ weeks. If that is the case, that a player is concussed, and the result will be 2+ week suspension, that player that chose to bump should be immediately disallowed from playing on.
Rubbish !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back