Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ephemeral Hope

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think Carlton are as good as some have said, nor Sydney as bad. These are our peers. Set for finals but pushing for top four. Carlton good at their best but still fragile. Sydney consistent and always a threat without being as eye-catching.
I begrudgingly accept the fact that we have to have peers (would rather be undisputed top of the ladder) but I despise the fact that we have to share our spot with the blues

plugger66

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I don't think Carlton are as good as some have said, nor Sydney as bad. These are our peers. Set for finals but pushing for top four. Carlton good at their best but still fragile. Sydney consistent and always a threat without being as eye-catching.
Carlton look very good to me especially considering their outs. They have some key position outs.

StFly

Space to Rent
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
Saad, lol.

Don't argue into "oh shi..." before getting slung on his arse.

BrutThough

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Carlton look very good to me especially considering their outs. They have some key position outs.
Their best looks very good but they've given up big leads in most games this season.

They've gotten away with it so far but it will come back and bit them eventually if they dont improve in that area.

plugger66

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Their best looks very good but they've given up big leads in most games this season.

They've gotten away with it so far but it will come back and bit them eventually if they dont improve in that area.
They could say the opposite to us. In the end it’s win and losses. It’s tough to say but they are good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StJHD

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
For as good as they may have looked, see the score and consider how many dubious frees have led to their goals (especially the now untouchable Curnow).

StFly

Space to Rent
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
2 kicks in it, Blues bought themselves about 6 minutes of sustained clenching.

plugger66

Hall of Famer
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I'd say they are the same level as us. Both look good but both have flaws. They start hot, we get hot in 2nd halves.

Should be a great game when he play them
I think the only difference at the moment is they have more injuries and won one more game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad