Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bombers are not as bad as they are playing , they murdered us last year and now they are useless - surely the coach goes.

I doubt he goes anywhere. I just hope that they don't get on a roll just as we hit them.

I doubt he goes anywhere. I just hope that they don't get on a roll just as we hit them.
I agree
And they’re better then the 2&9 that they are at, can see them knocking over a few sides in the 2nd half of the year like we did last year

I guess they want what we have with Paddy and Rowan with Draper and Ro. It seems like they need a KPD long term type to me and some small forward talent to replace Tippa and Fantasia. They were ******* unlucky to lose all of those two and Daniher. 4 or 5 years ago it looked like one of the best attacks in footy.
Yeah , no big midfielder , no key forward and no key back and they are the hardest key pieces to get.
If they do draft a couple key position players they have to wait for them to develop and then hope they are any good by that time anyone they have will not have much time left in there career to get a flag.
There best hope is to trade one of there midget brigade midfielders and attempt to get one of the players they need.
Zac Merrett would be there best bet to trade for value , McGarth would be lucky to get get a pick in the teens in the draft , where Merrett would fetch a top 10 pick.
Also the review they are having they need to get rid of Dodo and the coach.
The club has shown a complete lack of effort and if the coach can't instill that they need to get rid of him quick smart.
They need some one to sort out the list and make the tough calls , you need good leadership in the group and they lack it massively.
Our team 3 years ago had a squad that was as poor as it could get with many average players who were moved on - Newnes , Bruce , Acres , Savage , Hickey , Longer , Goddard , Weller , Wright , McCartin / injury , Roberton / injury , Lonie , Hind , Parker , Cavarino , Minchington , Dunstan etc.
They need to do the same and start bringing in upgrades for the average players they have in there squad.
Having Cox and a couple other kids and Caldwell they don't have much else - Stringer is mostly injured and as he is aging the problems get worse and Merrett who is there best player will be burnout carrying the workload he is under and Draper will become a average performer if he is not developed right.

They have a better base to build on than what we did but they have to make the tough calls.

I'm all for Spuds game but it seems every game now has a story behind it.
Police game
Gay pride game
Maddies game
Anzac game
Indigenous game
Country game
Neil Daniher game

I'm sure there's more.

Police game
Gay pride game
Maddies game
Anzac game
Indigenous game
Country game
Neil Daniher game

I'm sure there's more.
So what you're saying is we still have a chance at getting the Friday Night blockbuster for "Left-Handers Round" ...

Police game
Gay pride game
Maddies game
Anzac game
Indigenous game
Country game
Neil Daniher game

I'm sure there's more.
I like the Game game. Call me old fashioned.

Yeah , no big midfielder , no key forward and no key back and they are the hardest key pieces to get.
If they do draft a couple key position players they have to wait for them to develop and then hope they are any good by that time anyone they have will not have much time left in there career to get a flag.
There best hope is to trade one of there midget brigade midfielders and attempt to get one of the players they need.
Zac Merrett would be there best bet to trade for value , McGarth would be lucky to get get a pick in the teens in the draft , where Merrett would fetch a top 10 pick.
Also the review they are having they need to get rid of Dodo and the coach.
The club has shown a complete lack of effort and if the coach can't instill that they need to get rid of him quick smart.
They need some one to sort out the list and make the tough calls , you need good leadership in the group and they lack it massively.
Our team 3 years ago had a squad that was as poor as it could get with many average players who were moved on - Newnes , Bruce , Acres , Savage , Hickey , Longer , Goddard , Weller , Wright , McCartin / injury , Roberton / injury , Lonie , Hind , Parker , Cavarino , Minchington , Dunstan etc.
They need to do the same and start bringing in upgrades for the average players they have in there squad.
Having Cox and a couple other kids and Caldwell they don't have much else - Stringer is mostly injured and as he is aging the problems get worse and Merrett who is there best player will be burnout carrying the workload he is under and Draper will become a average performer if he is not developed right.

They have a better base to build on than what we did but they have to make the tough calls.

There is no way they should trade Merrett. You don't trade your guns out. I reckon they'll rebound next year, lots of youth and injuries this year made it hard to back up with a tricky fixture. They'll draft high again and get more quality kids in.

I like the Game game. Call me old fashioned.

Drink on whistle game, then fish cam.

There is no way they should trade Merrett. You don't trade your guns out. I reckon they'll rebound next year, lots of youth and injuries this year made it hard to back up with a tricky fixture. They'll draft high again and get more quality kids in.

There is a way where they do it, but they won't go that route as too proud.

Few games around us on the ladder this week.

I'd hope the Bulldogs beat Geelong, Sydney beat Melbourne and Fremantle beat Brisbane.We could move to 3rd if the Lions beat the Dockers but if the results go the way I've mentioned then we get closer to a chance in moving to 2nd if we beat Brisbane next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few games around us on the ladder this week.

I'd hope the Bulldogs beat Geelong, Sydney beat Melbourne and Fremantle beat Brisbane.We could move to 3rd if the Lions beat the Dockers but if the results go the way I've mentioned then we get closer to a chance in moving to 2nd if we beat Brisbane next week.

I'd prefer the Dogs lose. If we have to meet them still we'd rather be playing a side who can't make the 8 and have packed their bags already. Geelong will most likely be playing for a top 4 spot and we know that we can beat them already.

I think the Dogs could go either way in the second half of the year. If they can get a few wins they should come home strong.

Freo sound as though they'll be putting up a pretty thin list. Don't like their chances.

I just realised tonight's game is between the two sides that duck and play for frees the most out of anyone. That, coupled with the amateur umpires might be enough to make this perhaps the most frustrating game of the year. Wonder what gringo thinks, he bangs on about these two sides all the time

You rate there list higher than me , apart from Merrett , Caldwell and injury prone Stringer who have they got - Draper looks to of gone backwards.
Injuries
Hamstring​
Test​
Hamstring​
Test​
Suspended​
Available​
Hamstring​
Test​
Hip/Groin​
Indefinite​
Foot​
8-10 weeks​
Foot​
2-3 weeks​
Leg/Calf​
1-2 weeks​
Only Stringer in that lot that may get a game else where - Cox is a good youngster but only a 2nd yr player.

Just my view anyway - not saying they are useless and are better than 2 and 9 but they have a hell of a long way to go.
Just unlucky they wasted so much on a Shiel who turned out to be a complete spud and gave up first round picks in 2018 and 2019 to secure him on a 6yr deal. (pick 11 - 2018 was Caldwell) (pick 4 - 2019 was Ash)

Sam De Koning my goodness going to be some player

Sam De Koning my goodness going to be some player

The Carlton one grew up following us and Rooey was his favourite player. I wonder who this one followed.

The Dogs and Cats comes at a time where the win will keep them in touch of us.
Will be interesting who wins

The winner will be footy

If you're in high vis. Otherwise if you're playing my game you'll be blotto at 1/4 time.

The Carlton one grew up following us and Rooey was his favourite player. I wonder who this one followed.
Sam is going to be something very special
he will be Max King good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back