Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They've definitely picked their mark with him, the thing that shits me is when he tries to absolve himself by citing mental health issues. He's taking his own pics and videos and releasing them as well, it's hardly the paparazzi staking out his house. I'm sure there are plenty of people like him, or doing worse than him, s**t Sam Fisher just got charged for drug trafficking and we've had our own players have scandals, it's largely his attitude though and the fact that he has done it over and over. Everyone is a little bit of a knob end sometimes in their teenage years, maybe early 20's, but he's 27 now. This is less of a one off incident or a bad night and more about his character IMO. He would want to grow up fast.

I used to hang out with a few people who were friends with actors that made it in the US. The paparazzi thing is so toxic. It genuinely breaks people’s mental stability.

They get them to react then write stories that insinuate that they are nuts or on drugs which makes them act that way and it increases until it becomes reality.

With high pressure the release is more attractive too so you get a perfect loop and they definitely pick one out to victimise instead of it being even.

People who suck up or acknowledge their power over them get an easier run.

Personally i cant reconcile a professional AFL footballer wanting to piss off to Kuta for 5 days during the mid season break to sink piss but i am also NOT a professional AFL footballer so its a little silly to judge.

I think most people try to put themselves in his shoes and when you do that the decision to go is a tough one to understand. Safe to assume Jordys mind doesnt operate the way most other peoples does.

He might have just wanted to get away and the temptation got the better of him. You can go to Bali with out getting off your chops.

He might have just wanted to get away and the temptation got the better of him. You can go to Bali with out getting off your chops.
To Kuta? Nah, youre going to Kuta with one thing in mind. If hed gone to Ubud or something sure. In any event hes a man with very obvious impulse control issues who chose to go to a place where there is temptation everywhere.

ADHD or not im saying it was silly (regardless of whether his indiscretions whilst there were actually a thing or not)

Some unnamed AFL official said De Goey could find trouble in the Simpson desert. So it doesn't matter where he goes really.
It's what he takes with him that's the issue.

To Kuta? Nah, youre going to Kuta with one thing in mind. If hed gone to Ubud or something sure. In any event hes a man with very obvious impulse control issues who chose to go to a place where there is temptation everywhere.

ADHD or not im saying it was silly (regardless of whether his indiscretions whilst there were actually a thing or not)
Was he definitely it Kuta? I may have made that up.

I not sure him citing his ADHD diagnosis was intended as a defence or excuse of his behaviour. His apology was scripted and if youve ever heard DeGoey speak off the cuff its evident he didnt write it. It came across more to me as a "here is my full and frank situation and my apology for my actions".

Im not even defending him or it i just didnt think it came across as "I have ADHD so my being a flog isnt my fault"

A bit like this one.

WTH cant the AFL and the VFL work together so the fixtures work in a bit better , Sand Vs Syd should be played on the Sunday so the blokes who were emergencies for the main game on Sat night then get a chance to play on the Sunday , no point having the VFL before the AFL especially in a travel round

Some unnamed AFL official said De Goey could find trouble in the Simpson desert. So it doesn't matter where he goes really.
It's what he takes with him that's the issue.

Similar to Lovett IMO.
One is fine until alcohol in which case, everything with genital inside gets punched.
One is fine until oooh pretty, in which case late night with unmentionables and "soz, I'll do better".

Pies don't go hard, they just scrub better than most.

To buy a Balinese blowpipe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what food do you like to take? I've brought the usual snacks and chips, hot dogs sometimes. Have done a fried rice in a thermos too. some chicken schnitzel too but wasn't nice cold
Usually a chicken salad bagel or similar - depending what’s in the fridge. Bottle of water, fruit and the most important …
Cadbury’s Old Gold dark choc with almonds.

However, I can’t eat when I’m stressed, so pretty often I just take all the food home again 🙄🤣

Last edited:
D
How many StKilda players do we think went overseas to party during their 1 weekend off?

Could this explain why we returned flat?
Don’t recall us being flat against the Lions….just the next week.
So not sure how that works.

D

Don’t recall us being flat against the Lions….just the next week.
So not sure how that works.

Massive drug hangover that took weeks to come on?

With due respect you can FO with that. Go and give cigarettes away outside the local primary school. The broadcast is s**t too.
Yeah the broadcast is s**t, I agree with that.

Righteo, I’m on the Lions.

Jeez, Daniher gets paid a fortune to miss regulation shots. Should be three goals up. They’re going to regret these early easy misses.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back