Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Mathematicians, what do we need today?

Giants and Demons win? Then Tigers loss tomorrow?

images

Don't get on my case about it being over. I know it is.

Tigers win - done.
Doggies can win 1 - provided we beat Swans.
Dogs win 2 - done
Even if Blues lose 2, we need to find around 6% to jump
No one else is relevant.

So Demons, Hawks, Giants in remaining games.

There is a world where Tigers and Blues drop for Dogs and us, but it does involve wins and percentage jumps where you maybe do things you've not done in years.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Hopefully GWS can knock off the Dogs today and keep our extremely faint finals hopes alive, I doubt they will though with Toby Greene out injured.

Hopefully GWS can knock off the Dogs today and keep our extremely faint finals hopes alive, I doubt they will though with Toby Greene out injured.
Such a waste of all the talent they’ve had. Probably a worse club than us - especially considering the talent they’ve had access to, and continue to get when they trade out their *star players.

Not really surprising how the years of compromised drafts when we were at the bottom, coupled with some incredibly bad recruiting and trading has set us back so many years.

Need to keep going to the draft now for the next few years.

Such a waste of all the talent they’ve had. Probably a worse club than us - especially considering the talent they’ve had access to, and continue to get when they trade out their *star players.

Not really surprising how the years of compromised drafts when we were at the bottom, coupled with some incredibly bad recruiting and trading has set us back so many years.

They should've won a few flags with the midfield they had a few years ago at a bare minimum.

Saad, Milera and 25 for 20 was a great deal for us in '11 to then pick up Ross, Newnes, Webster in draft. This was the O'Meara + B Crouch mini draft, we bottled the '12 one which was Martin + Hogan, as that was the Lee+ Hickey + botching draft since we traded out 12 and 13 from losing BJ and our own first round pick and the picking up Robbo for nothing.

So before draft in '12, we were going great, 3 would be players, robbed GWS for a slight pick downgrade on 2 players that could have had a decent career, then '12 draft instances happened and we go;

Lee
Hickey
TDL
Wright
Spencer
Murdoch
Pierce

After going into trade with 12+13+Robbo after FA.

Saad was OK before that 2 year for a smoothie, Milera ended up a flash in the pan, Seb went great as did Webster and Newnes plateaued. Hickey was just OK, TDL couldn't, Wright couldn't, Lee couldn't, Spencer couldn't, Murdoch couldn't, Pierce couldn't, so we got left then with Robbo until his heart gave out, Seb, and Webster from those 2 years.

I'd still state 50% on the mini drafts just because Seb and Webster as we ended up with Crouch, O'Meara has done SFA, same with Hogan and Martin for varying reasons.

GWS I wouldn't say is underperfoming, I would say they simply entered far too soon without being a "team", they were simply more so than GCS were as all AFL saw was cash signs hence Isell falafel and Kindofa Punt and here we are decades later and tboth haven't really done anything for their respective regions.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
LDU to HALF TIME v Adelaide, in Adelaide

24 disposals (@83% DE)
0 turnovers!
9 contested possessions
7 clearances (all centre!)
7 inside 50’s
5 score involvements
5 marks
426m-gained
83 fantasy points

Freakshow
Now he’s added a long running goal early in the 3rd quarter.

LDU to HALF TIME v Adelaide, in Adelaide

24 disposals (@83% DE)
0 turnovers!
9 contested possessions
7 clearances (all centre!)
7 inside 50’s
5 score involvements
5 marks
426m-gained
83 fantasy points

Freakshow
Now with 28 a goal and 8 clearances, 5 minutes into the third.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Now with 28 a goal and 8 clearances, 5 minutes into the third.
And a reminder of his game v Collingwood a few weeks ago:

33 disposals (@76%)
16 contested possessions
14 inside 50’s
12 clearances (7 centre)
11 tackles
8 score involvements
5 intercept possessions
1 contested mark
24 pressure acts
791m-gained
2 goal assists
145 AFL fantasy points

Entering beast-mode.

Round 22
Hawthorn to beat Richmond

Round 23
Essendon to beat Richmond
Hawthorn to beat the Bulldogs
St.Kilda to beat Sydney

If Richmond win at least 1 game, then...

Round 22
Melbourne to beat Carlton by minimum 70 points

Round 23
Collingwood to beat Carlton by minimum 70 points
St.Kilda to beat Sydney by minimum 10 points

Either scenario gets us in ladies and gents! WOO BABY! WOO!

EDhC.gif

pumped-woooo.gif

Round 22
Hawthorn to beat Richmond

Round 23
Essendon to beat Richmond
St.Kilda to beat Sydney

If Richmond win at least 1 game, then...

Round 22
Melbourne to beat Carlton by minimum 70 points

Round 23
Collingwood to beat Carlton by minimum 70 points
St.Kilda to beat Sydney by minimum 10 points

Either scenario gets us in ladies and gents! WOO BABY! WOO!

EDhC.gif

pumped-woooo.gif
Oh are we down to mathematical chances now

We were reliant on other results after we lost last week. We started the round in 9th.

Wasn't the question though originally, we had already lost, this was about next week.

Also was in response to Georges little stat lines if you follow chain, so not talking holistically obviously. ;)

Back