Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

help appreciated,can you name the 2 players on the ground?i know it happened at princess park under the heatley stand 1974 or after,cheers
Are you sure that isn’t Glenferrie?
I’m simply going by the state of the fence and the steep incline of the terraces behind.
As for the players: the guy hiding his head in his hands played for St Kilda and the guy lying on him, face down, played for Hawthorn.
That’s about the limit of my contribution.
Is this a Lethal incident?
Or was he just standing nearby when the two other players tangled?

I’m simply going by the state of the fence and the steep incline of the terraces behind.
As for the players: the guy hiding his head in his hands played for St Kilda and the guy lying on him, face down, played for Hawthorn.

Lethal probably clocked one or both of them from behind, that was how he used to operate.

definately under the heatley stand princess park,i remember that bit when i first saw the image years ago,just forgot the players,but over on the hawthorn board its definately bernie jones & evidence points to stephen theodore of saints,as neither played the next week and both stats were down,the following year 75,neither saints reserve got on the ground,in 76 jones didnt play that game and by 77 matthews would not have looked like that,in 78 jones went to essendon,now 100% on jones,warming to theodore

View attachment 1572407
Interesting to see how Brisbane goes this year, if they can get past their mental weakness
Their best 22 is pretty outrageous.

Andrews and Adams on the key posts. Starcevich, Coleman and Rich as the smalls/runners (McKenna too)

Neale, McCluggage, Dunks, Bailey, Berry and Rayner rolling through the middle.

Gunston, Cameron, Hipwood, Zorko and then Bailey, Berry, Rayner and Ashcroft at their feet.

Its a stupid amount of talent.

Andrews and Adams on the key posts. Starcevich, Coleman and Rich as the smalls/runners (McKenna too)

Gunston, Cameron, Hipwood, Zorko and then Bailey, Berry, Rayner and Ashcroft at their feet.

Yep early favourites for the flag

Was just reading thru this and felt something wasn't quite right, and then the penny dropped.

They also have their seven foot tall forward Joe Daniher 🙄

Huge turn around for a club that was on it's knees a decade ago.

Lost 5 or 6 top draftees in the space of a couple seasons, facilities were the worst in the comp, spat out two icons of the club from the head coach's seat...

They've done brilliantly well at rebuilding the list and the image of their club.

Here's hoping RTB and co can do the same for us!

definately under the heatley stand princess park,i remember that bit when i first saw the image years ago,just forgot the players,but over on the hawthorn board its definately bernie jones & evidence points to stephen theodore of saints,as neither played the next week and both stats were down,the following year 75,neither saints reserve got on the ground,in 76 jones didnt play that game and by 77 matthews would not have looked like that,in 78 jones went to essendon,now 100% on jones,warming to theodore
Good luck with it.
Stephen Theodore had dark brown hair, you can’t really tell what colour that guy’s hair is in the photo. Seems to be much lighter than Matthews but that could just be the light.

Hopefully JD gets in the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll fail again, it's in their DNA.
i know another club with a similar DNA, unfortunately. :(

Phil Egan, the driver of the Hawks racism allegations, has been arrested for fraud. 🤣
He hasn't been arrested but he is being investigated according to the Herald Sun.

Can you show me where it says he has been arrested?
I can't access HS, but i do know people from the region who told me he'd been arrested.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative. It's just been local knowledge up there for ages he's being looked into. The wording of the article (that I can see without a login) is that he "could be charged". That's sounds like he's been arrested, interviewed and subsequently released pending a summons to court.

I can't access HS, but i do know people from the region who told me he'd been arrested.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative. It's just been local knowledge up there for ages he's being looked into. The wording of the article (that I can see without a login) is that he "could be charged". That's sounds like he's been arrested, interviewed and subsequently released pending a summons to court.
Not trying to argue either mate, I'm genuinely curious. Sounds like he's been up to some dodgy stuff regardless.

This article from the 22/12/2022 says Mr Egan is being investigated, no mention of him being arrested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back