Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

StJHD

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Torn about how I feel regarding the result. Melbourne lose and the flag is up for grabs again, but Freo remain ahead of us.
The odds of StK and Freo being within 4 pts and/or percentage at end of season are very, very low. We are both capable and vulnerable, mirroring each other from here is highly unlikely. Melbourne losing is a MASSIVELY important result. Now they are vulnerable too. And you see their response when they were opened up? Momentum (and good injury run) was driving that team, confidence of average players was sky high every week. Enough younger, inexperienced players for fear to creep in. Let's see how they respond in the next month.

George is it possible to make a state of the forum thread? Cluttering up multiple threads over the whole board.
Don't offer suggestions, pissant. You speak when you're spoken to. I rule with an iron fist, just ask Dard Ball Get , he has felt the sheer power of said fist many a Saturday night.

Now back to complaining about the umpires and hanging s**t on Barney! At once!

Off day by the Dees looked slow, and couldn't adjust after May went down.

Still the team to beat for the flag.
What was May’s injury? I missed it.

Petracca went missing. 10 possessions, no goals and 40 AF points. Would nearly be his worst ever game. Even missed a sitter. In all seriousness though Langdon is almost their most important player these days. The Hawks blanketed him and the Dees looked vulnerable. May didn't make much difference IMO, it's Freo's smalls that get you.

Well this aged well🤣

Not sure who was doing the gambling tips on the radio, but last week he said that Melbourne are probably going to lose a game this year, and Freo is one of the teams that could do it, and the odds are OK.

I prefer that Melbourne get tripped up. They were getting ahead of themselves. Freo deserve to be top 4.
Seems all the Melbourne players were down apart from Dunstan who maintained his mediocre input.

cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
Last year Dogs and Dees looked like the 2 best sides at about this point and both made it through to the gf. I reckon there are about 4 sides vying for second best this season and we are one of them.
Weve been lucky so far we could have easily been smashed the last 2 games if it wasnt for the oppositions poor kicking. Some results went our way. On the flipside sometime a great quarter of footy is all it takes. Every team is striving for that 4 quarter performance. Its gonna definitely test our emotions this year. GO THE ****ed RED WHITE AND BLACK LIFT YOU *erS

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Seems all the Melbourne players were down apart from Dunstan who maintained his mediocre input.

They were playing well until Dunstan got subbed on, his lack of pace and skill seemed to infect the rest of the Melbourne players.

He's a sleeper agent and a momentum killer, let's hope he gets subbed on for them if we play them in finals.

Back