Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Silvagni chance to win it.....oh well

Late free kick shot on goal to Sam Walsh not called, Carlton lose by 4 points. Delicious.

This Port Bombers game is disgusting lmao reminds me of the Cairns game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

North are still the worst team I've ever seen but geez, look at all the "top end" draft talent the Bombers have on their list.

Shiel - GWS 17yo
McGrath - #1
Stringer - #5
Hurley - #5 *
Parish - #5
Francis - #6
Heppell - #8
Wright - #8
N. Cox - #8
Perkins - #9
Reid - #10
Caldwell - #11
Hobbs - #13
D. Smith - #14
Langford - #17
Laverde - #20

Even setting aside Hurley's horrible injury, that's still 15 of their potential best 22 taken in the top 20 of the draft.

******* DISGUSTING waste of talent.

North are still the worst team I've ever seen but geez, look at all the "top end" draft talent the Bombers have on their list.

Shiel - GWS 17yo
McGrath - #1
Stringer - #5
Hurley - #5 *
Parish - #5
Francis - #6
Heppell - #8
Wright - #8
N. Cox - #8
Perkins - #9
Reid - #10
Caldwell - #11
Hobbs - #13
D. Smith - #14
Langford - #17
Laverde - #20

Even setting aside Hurley's horrible injury, that's still 15 of their potential best 22 taken in the top 20 of the draft.

it's great isn't it?

Shiel - GWS 17yo
McGrath - #1
Stringer - #5
Hurley - #5 *
Parish - #5
Francis - #6
Heppell - #8
Wright - #8
N. Cox - #8
Perkins - #9
Reid - #10
Caldwell - #11
Hobbs - #13
D. Smith - #14
Langford - #17
Laverde - #20

Draft position does not equal talent. Jack Sinclair and his best mate told me that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel - GWS 17yo
McGrath - #1
Stringer - #5
Hurley - #5 *
Parish - #5
Francis - #6
Heppell - #8
Wright - #8
N. Cox - #8
Perkins - #9
Reid - #10
Caldwell - #11
Hobbs - #13
D. Smith - #14
Langford - #17
Laverde - #20

When they are taken top 20, but later sold in the Brash's specials like a fleetwood mac album sometime after Rumour's, they are no longer considered a top pick.

Next couple weeks games is going to go a long way to sort out the top 8
Dogs vs Cats
Demons vs Swans
Lions vs Dockers

If the Dogs and Demons win Carlton and the Saints retain their top 4 positions despite the bye.

Bobby Hill diagnosed with testicular cancer.

How many is that now? Should alarm bells be ringing with the number that seem to be afflicted by this in the AFL?
Now I understand why Brad Hill said something on TV

I just got awarded 10 points for my post. People actually do that. Well duck me.
It was system generated, you uploaded an image to your media gallery for the first time.

Long may the Dodo continue to learn to fly and fail spectacularly.

I honestly think that they have players but they have a cheaters hangover. Carlton wore it for years, It's like a weight on their back. No matter what they do they can't exorcise the stench. It's like an elephants grave yard of AFL career. Good players go there to have their potential perish.

Is it just me or is Weitering overrated?

Don't get me wrong I think he's a great player, and in the top 5-10 defenders in the league, but his stats don't exactly mirror up with all the constant media talk of him being an AA lock before his injury on the weekend.

Here are some stats of other Key Defenders. I've added Doug & Wilkie for saints for reference.

Contested defensive one on one loss rate %Defensive Half Pressure ActsSpoilsIntercept Marks
Weitering
31%
May
5%
Taylor
10%​
Moore
16%​
Andrews
19%​
Collins
20%​
S.DeKoning
21%​
Howard
31%​
Wilkie
21%​

Also goes to show how good Sam Taylor from the Giants is! Would love to pry him out of there.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Weitering overrated?

Don't get me wrong I think he's a great player, and in the top 5-10 defenders in the league, but his stats don't exactly mirror up with all the constant media talk of him being an AA lock before his injury on the weekend.

Here are some stats of other Key Defenders. I've added Doug & Wilkie for saints for reference.

Contested defensive one on one loss rate %Defensive Half Pressure ActsSpoilsIntercept Marks
Weitering
31%
May
5%
Taylor
10%​
Moore
16%​
Andrews
19%​
Collins
20%​
S.DeKoning
21%​
Howard
31%​
Wilkie
21%​

Also goes to show how good Sam Taylor from the Giants is! Would love to pry him out of there.

He's very good, perhaps it doesn't show on stats. I think Moore is like that too. On pure stats they don't look impressive but when you see them play they definitely look elite.

I remember someone saying that Weitering and Liam Jones were on radio and someone ringing with stats to show that they leaked goals and statistically don't look much chop. It certainly doesn't look like it when you see them play.

Howard might be the opposite, he doesn't look very good this year but his numbers look very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back