No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFLW Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it that you can't have an opinion about AFLW , at this stage i don't like it . I prefer watching the junior girls at my club develop . It's not fair to be called out on this whichever person it was .
You don't have to like it bedders but it's not easy to just not comment on it in that case. Think of it like a food you don't like. You wouldn't comment how much you don't like that food every time you see an ad for it or you hear people talking about it.

Why is it that you can't have an opinion about AFLW , at this stage i don't like it . I prefer watching the junior girls at my club develop . It's not fair to be called out on this whichever person it was .
You're welcome to your opinion on women's footy. People are welcome to respond to it when you constantly and publicly broadcast it.

You're welcome to your opinion on women's footy. People are welcome to respond to it when you constantly and publicly broadcast it.
It was about somehow that i was watching that thread when i had it on unwatch , that's why i commented and got a message about im not allowed to comment on it .
My thoughts are that it gets too much publicity for something that's a terrible standard and then you have players wanting equal pay .
It will improve as the young girls from juniors come through and then as well i hope the culture changes.

It was about somehow that i was watching that thread when i had it on unwatch
You can still just not comment, though. Like, you don't have to type out everything that comes into your head and hit post, regardless of how confused you are by the 'watch' function.
My thoughts are that it gets too much publicity for something that's a terrible standard and then you have players wanting equal pay .
It will improve as the young girls from juniors come through and then as well i hope the culture changes.
The * are you talking about? The culture? Compared to what?

You can still just not comment, though. Like, you don't have to type out everything that comes into your head and hit post, regardless of how confused you are by the 'watch' function.

The * are you talking about? The culture? Compared to what?
I'm replying to your post which was in response to mine . I am allowed to post , i haven't abused anyone . what comes into my head ffs , no confusion at all , i had it on unwatch , the same as i have with the draft thread . Thanks for your concern.

I'm replying to your post which was in response to mine . I am allowed to post , i haven't abused anyone . what comes into my head ffs , no confusion at all , i had it on unwatch , the same as i have with the draft thread . Thanks for your concern.
I have it on UNWATCH and i'm here again . I posted on general discussion ! My comments were about Womens footy in general be it VFLW , VAFA or other comps . It was not just about AFLW that's why i posted where i did .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because you chose to come in, type out a response and hit post. Just don't do any of those things
Posts were moved across - Bedders did not chose orignally to post in the AFLW forum.

There doesn't appear to be a thread for this already but it is time to kick one off. The reason for no thread is that there has been uncertainty hanging over the season start date.

Today Damien Barrett writes on afl.com.au about the start date of the new season: The AFL is expected to commit to starting the next AFLW season at the same time as the recently finished one – in the post-round 23 bye weekend of the men's season. Initial debriefs of AFLW Season 7 have been resoundingly supportive of that timeframe.

The sad thing about this is it means (a) women will be playing in the heat; and (b) it doesn't bode well for a meaningfully extended season (as players and fans alike would wish). On the plus side - it means we get footy for more of the year - and that is a great plus! Plus the AFLW gets more clear air to win fans and grow its audience.

As far as I know, it has now been confirmed there won't be a proper draft before this season - only a mature age draft.

Anything else to add or discuss?

Huge news on the AFLW front:

THE AFLW's four expansion clubs have been given unprecedented powers to poach star players from rival teams, with grand finalists Melbourne and Brisbane among those most vulnerable to a raid on their top talent.

The details for the 2023 Sign and Trade Period - which will run from March 10-20 - have been confirmed, with last year's four expansion clubs to be given a window to sign "priority signing period" players beforehand.

Hopefully we get Molloy. That will obviously be great for us, completely screw Collingwood as an added bonus. We get a top liner and they get a compo pick in a dud draft. I know Charlie RB said no to our general enquiry but if we land a big fish or two, I suspect she might reconsider.

Hopefully we get Molloy. That will obviously be great for us, completely screw Collingwood as an added bonus. We get a top liner and they get a compo pick in a dud draft. I know Charlie RB said no to our general enquiry but if we land a big fish or two, I suspect she might reconsider.

Compo is for next season, a normal draft. That's a big part of why they've done this, as an alternative to clubs being forced to accept worthless over-age draft picks as trades for players they lose this year. For a situation like Molloy's it's as much to help the Pies get something back that we can't give them (our pick in the upcoming draft is essentially pick 8 in the 2022 draft), as well as to help us actually get her in.

Last edited:
There doesn't appear to be a thread for this already but it is time to kick one off. The reason for no thread is that there has been uncertainty hanging over the season start date.

Today Damien Barrett writes on afl.com.au about the start date of the new season: The AFL is expected to commit to starting the next AFLW season at the same time as the recently finished one – in the post-round 23 bye weekend of the men's season. Initial debriefs of AFLW Season 7 have been resoundingly supportive of that timeframe.

The sad thing about this is it means (a) women will be playing in the heat; and (b) it doesn't bode well for a meaningfully extended season (as players and fans alike would wish). On the plus side - it means we get footy for more of the year - and that is a great plus! Plus the AFLW gets more clear air to win fans and grow its audience.

As far as I know, it has now been confirmed there won't be a proper draft before this season - only a mature age draft.

Anything else to add or discuss?
Sorry mate, accidentally deleted it for a minute. Now re-instated and fixed up the heading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back