Discussion 2022 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues viewing Tweets/Twitter?

All I see is the below, despite my https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) being set to not block Twitter. Is it them and not me?

View attachment 1409981
Lucky Day GIF by One Chicago

Anyone else having issues viewing Tweets/Twitter?

All I see is the below, despite my Add blocker being set to not block Twitter. Is it them and not me?

View attachment 1409981
Try switching off all of your add ons and plugins and then switch them back on one at a time.

I should have clarified it was for SC Draft!

I know they will be added, I was wondering if it will be as waivers and on what day.. I can't remember what happened last year.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Tomorrow , what are your thoughts on the proposed new explanation for dark matter?
It worked! Who needs ******* mod's we figured this s**t out!

High Five Snow White GIF

Dark Matter - the new idea's are interesting, but require further study before I can comment with certainty.

Weller - How can you not love that beautiful boy, heartbreaking he's going to miss the Suns first finals series.

Giving the whole thing a bit of a sit-back and absorb ATM. One thing has occurred to me. This year, more so than any year I have played, the gulf between the truly awful sides ( all 3 of them ) and the rest has widened markedly.

SC scoring options for all 3 have offered diminishing returns as the year wears on.

Here's the kicker, in my estimation.

Ess/WC/NM are all coached by blokes whose player/strategy development is completely lacking any nouse, nuance or apparent understanding of the quantum leap footy has made this year. In this same vein(glorious) fashion, GWS players were becoming a millstone as well until Leon fell on his sword. Now even Lachie Whitfield has started to ton up, as further vindication of this assertion.

So, from our POV as the SC OCD Ass. there seems to be a correlation that more than suggests that premium or mid-price players from these sides are not viable in the current climate.

If you support any of these teams, look at my Magpies for inspiration as to what a whole-of-game versed coach can do to make rapid improvement with much the same list as the previous incompetent incumbent. McVeigh is doing himself no harm with GWS as a further example.

So, calf or not, see ya DP and no more with the Jed Anderson either. At least I made a quick leap-frogging sum to turn JA into Libba and DP had enough juice to act as a straight swap for Stewart. The forecast of Stewart falling to 550K may be right, but 144 this time around as his BE is eminently achievable, so I am hitting that button, baby and Mr Hewett can become part of my all-star mids.
So Mr deep thinker, Whats your take on JHF.
N Daicos should have been the no1 pick (yes I know f/son), not just for his footy ability but his character, Crisp was saying something about how respectful, attentive Nick is. Walsh/Rowell have put in and proved character is just as important as talent. The standout example is Weitering, Carlton were sold on him a large part for his character/future captaincy/culture building. Even Jamara at Dogs, is putting in hard yards and biding his time.
JHF can't be doing his brand any favours. I understand he's young, but you are what you are. Crows and Port would they go the extra mile still ?, Back in their programs ? take him if he's cheap ? Take him in a heartbeat ?

N Daicos should have been the no1 pick (yes I know f/son), not just for his footy ability but his character, Crisp was saying something about how respectful, attentive Nick is. Walsh/Rowell have put in and proved character is just as important as talent. The standout example is Weitering, Carlton were sold on him a large part for his character/future captaincy/culture building. Even Jamara at Dogs, is putting in hard yards and biding his time.
JHF can't be doing his brand any favours. I understand he's young, but you are what you are. Crows and Port would they go the extra mile still ?, Back in their programs ? take him if he's cheap ?

I read an article before that if one of the SA clubs get JHF in a trade then they will be paying him $800k a year. That's more than what Laird or Wines are on. LOL.Im sure they wouldn't like that.

JHF can't be doing his brand any favours. I understand he's young, but you are what you are. Crows and Port would they go the extra mile still ?, Back in their programs ? take him if he's cheap ?
He is a week from his 19th birthday. He comes from a background of poverty and a family environment less than ideal. He has been playing for 2 years in the seniors at Sturt, where he and the team have had some success, so he knows what is required to succeed at the professional level.
He adores his mum, who has been the rock in very shaky surrounds.
He is not yet 19. I know I said that already, but it is a massive emotional toil for him to undertake, even had he gone to a club in better shape.

David Noble, intelligent and successful in the business as he is, seems absolutely out of his depth as a senior coach and whoever else is involved in match planning is as hopeless.
When you watch NM play, they are like a crew on a sailboat caught in a roiling sea; they are never where they need to be when they don't have the pill and when they are in possession, you are just counting the beat awaiting the wrong choice or the skill error.

We know how much of roller-coaster ride it is at his age, even just growing up without his kind of life.

Imagine, you have had this dream since you could remember, you have devoted every fibre of your being and you are carrying the weight of not just your own ambitions, but family salvation too. He is heart-broken by the way his dreams are playing out in the real world.

I think of Dustin Martin and his background as a comparison. We all know about his dad and what kind of bloke he was. I remember when Dusty was recruited, an interview in the Hun at the time, where he said, " I was born to play AFL, dunno what I'd be otherwise".

I reckon the only way NM keeps him is if Noble goes. JHF is not by any stretch the only one feeling this way. They are getting palpably worse each week, even at the basics. They barely chase or tackle with any gusto.

He is a jet surrounded by amateur hour buffoonery, not so much his fellow players, as there is some talent there, but the admin/coaching/recruiting is all at about the lowest standard possible at the highest level. I also offer Tarryn Thomas and his drop-off as another key indicator of the endemic malaise that has filled the club.

So, if I'm at Port or Adelaide, I know his back-history inside out and I understand his current plight. You have to pay a high price to North, trade-wise, but that won't have to equate to the large contract numbers being touted. I think he'd take unders to get out of North and then let his footy do the talking for him and be rewarded accordingly.

Character in one so young is fluid, not static. I do not agree with the Jesuit take at all. He needs examples of acceptable bounds, but he also should be playing with others who can set the standard for him, on/off field. The impression that comes across is that he hates losing, hates mediocrity and is struggling with that in a team where the leadership is at best benign. He shouldn't have to be setting the standards at his age, but you can see that he feels like it is up to him to do so.

That is an indictment on the club and its senior group. I'd take him in a heartbeat and happily give 2 1st round picks in the process.

Last edited:
I don't seem to be getting notifications when I'm tagged in posts. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Do you have your preferences set up to alert on tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back