Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
1655217637770.jpeg

Apr 12, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
camel racing
He is a week from his 19th birthday. He comes from a background of poverty and a family environment less than ideal. He has been playing for 2 years in the seniors at Sturt, where he and the team have had some success, so he knows what is required to succeed at the professional level.
He adores his mum, who has been the rock in very shaky surrounds.
He is not yet 19. I know I said that already, but it is a massive emotional toil for him to undertake, even had he gone to a club in better shape.

David Noble, intelligent and successful in the business as he is, seems absolutely out of his depth as a senior coach and whoever else is involved in match planning is as hopeless.
When you watch NM play, they are like a crew on a sailboat caught in a roiling sea; they are never where they need to be when they don't have the pill and when they are in possession, you are just counting the beat awaiting the wrong choice or the skill error.

We know how much of roller-coaster ride it is at his age, even just growing up without his kind of life.

Imagine, you have had this dream since you could remember, you have devoted every fibre of your being and you are carrying the weight of not just your own ambitions, but family salvation too. He is heart-broken by the way his dreams are playing out in the real world.

I think of Dustin Martin and his background as a comparison. We all know about his dad and what kind of bloke he was. I remember when Dusty was recruited, an interview in the Hun at the time, where he said, " I was born to play AFL, dunno what I'd be otherwise".

I reckon the only way NM keeps him is if Noble goes. JHF is not by any stretch the only one feeling this way. They are getting palpably worse each week, even at the basics. They barely chase or tackle with any gusto.

He is a jet surrounded by amateur hour buffoonery, not so much his fellow players, as there is some talent there, but the admin/coaching/recruiting is all at about the lowest standard possible at the highest level. I also offer Tarryn Thomas and his drop-off as another key indicator of the endemic malaise that has filled the club.

So, if I'm at Port or Adelaide, I know his back-history inside out and I understand his current plight. You have to pay a high price to North, trade-wise, but that won't have to equate to the large contract numbers being touted. I think he'd take unders to get out of North and then let his footy do the talking for him and be rewarded accordingly.

Character in one so young is fluid, not static. I do not agree with the Jesuit take at all. He needs examples of acceptable bounds, but he also should be playing with others who can set the standard for him, on/off field. The impression that comes across is that he hates losing, hates mediocrity and is struggling with that in a team where the leadership is at best benign. He shouldn't have to be setting the standards at his age, but you can see that he feels like it is up to him to do so.

That is an indictment on the club and its senior group. I'd take him in a heartbeat and happily give 2 1st round picks in the process.
Your definitely the goto man, well reasoned and described, Thankyou.

Last edited:
He is a week from his 19th birthday. He comes from a background of poverty and a family environment less than ideal. He has been playing for 2 years in the seniors at Sturt, where he and the team have had some success, so he knows what is required to succeed at the professional level.
He adores his mum, who has been the rock in very shaky surrounds.
He is not yet 19. I know I said that already, but it is a massive emotional toil for him to undertake, even had he gone to a club in better shape.

David Noble, intelligent and successful in the business as he is, seems absolutely out of his depth as a senior coach and whoever else is involved in match planning is as hopeless.
When you watch NM play, they are like a crew on a sailboat caught in a roiling sea; they are never where they need to be when they don't have the pill and when they are in possession, you are just counting the beat awaiting the wrong choice or the skill error.

We know how much of roller-coaster ride it is at his age, even just growing up without his kind of life.

Imagine, you have had this dream since you could remember, you have devoted every fibre of your being and you are carrying the weight of not just your own ambitions, but family salvation too. He is heart-broken by the way his dreams are playing out in the real world.

I think of Dustin Martin and his background as a comparison. We all know about his dad and what kind of bloke he was. I remember when Dusty was recruited, an interview in the Hun at the time, where he said, " I was born to play AFL, dunno what I'd be otherwise".

I reckon the only way NM keeps him is if Noble goes. JHF is not by any stretch the only one feeling this way. They are getting palpably worse each week, even at the basics. They barely chase or tackle with any gusto.

He is a jet surrounded by amateur hour buffoonery, not so much his fellow players, as there is some talent there, but the admin/coaching/recruiting is all at about the lowest standard possible at the highest level. I also offer Tarryn Thomas and his drop-off as another key indicator of the endemic malaise that has filled the club.

So, if I'm at Port or Adelaide, I know his back-history inside out and I understand his current plight. You have to pay a high price to North, trade-wise, but that won't have to equate to the large contract numbers being touted. I think he'd take unders to get out of North and then let his footy do the talking for him and be rewarded accordingly.

Character in one so young is fluid, not static. I do not agree with the Jesuit take at all. He needs examples of acceptable bounds, but he also should be playing with others who can set the standard for him, on/off field. The impression that comes across is that he hates losing, hates mediocrity and is struggling with that in a team where the leadership is at best benign. He shouldn't have to be setting the standards at his age, but you can see that he feels like it is up to him to do so.

That is an indictment on the club and its senior group. I'd take him in a heartbeat and happily give 2 1st round picks in the process.

On the couch with Doctor Dazjack .

Do you bulkbill 😝.

You have a very nice office

Last edited:
May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

A steaming pile of goat droppings from Fig. 2018 we were effectively coached by Longmuir & Hocking, 2019 Hocking was still there, 20/21, same old, same old Buckley work hard not smart routine...the bloke's ego will not allow for this reality and he'll never coach again, because, well...he is rubbish at it.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton

A steaming pile of goat droppings from Fig. 2018 we were effectively coached by Longmuir & Hocking, 2019 Hocking was still there, 20/21, same old, same old Buckley work hard not smart routine...the bloke's ego will not allow for this reality and he'll never coach again, because, well...he is rubbish at it.
Somebody call Nafan a waaaahmbulance.

Was worried about Wally was limping , been on meds its either an inj or early arthritis he's only 5.
Seems alot better.

He goes to vets Fri morning to get a growth cut off he's leg ...

Oscar wont be happy happy that wally won't be there.
Sep Anxiety.

Fook should here him when I stop of at the bakery he even knows what road it's on.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Was worried about Wally was limping , been on meds its either an inj or early arthritis he's only 5.
Seems alot better.

He goes to vets Fri morning to get a growth cut off he's leg ...

Oscar wont be happy happy that wally won't be there.
Sep Anxiety.

Fook should here him when I stop of at the bakery he even knows what road it's on.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
This where we need the care emoji. Nothing worse than when our beloved canines are ill, injured or otherwise distressed.

Hope all goes well mate.

Apr 12, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
camel racing
kenneyswarriors and others too, here is old mate Jake Niall's take on JHF. I have emailed him to request that my piece be accredited alongside his byline...

You understand they are called reporters for a reason not investigators/free thinkers ?
You didn't actually think that they have half a brain and could come up with this themselves ?

I follow and respect your posts over any of the mainstream ninnies.

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
You understand they are called reporters for a reason not investigators/free thinkers ?
You didn't actually think that they have half a brain and could come up with this themselves ?

I follow and respect your posts over any of the mainstream ninnies.
Jake's a lovely bloke and as one-eyed Collingwood as they come. I've known him about 35 years, so I sent him what I wrote for a laugh.

Apr 12, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
camel racing
Jake's a lovely bloke and as one-eyed Collingwood as they come. I've known him about 35 years, so I sent him what I wrote for a laugh.
In that case, i'm not up in arms at all now, I'll try and stuff my outrage back in it's box.
Theres actually a fair bit of stuff lifted off Reddit and I assume other sites, so I jumped the gun and assumed the same thing was happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back