Remove this Banner Ad

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

C4E1B677-F059-4930-9B06-579A07A9D584.jpeg

We had barely 5k to our only home game.

I love the club but geez some times we put targets on ourselves.

steviewonder36

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Canberra, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool member, GWS Fdn member
I just got the email from the club claiming 31k memberships.

BS.

Whilst Manuka Oval they get near sellout crowds, the Giants Stadium games are near empty. The top decks don't appear to be even open.

Clearly they are counting 3 game (as most clubs do) memberships into their stats as well. I hope they aren't including pets memberships as well.

dlanod

Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS; CCMariners; NQCowboys; Ravens

BS.

Whilst Manuka Oval they get near sellout crowds, the Giants Stadium games are near empty. The top decks don't appear to be even open.

Clearly they are counting 3 game (as most clubs do) memberships into their stats as well.
I don't see how this is a surprise. All AFL clubs use the same metrics for memberships, and yes that includes three game memberships.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

BS.

Clearly they are counting 3 game (as most clubs do) memberships into their stats as well. I hope they aren't including pets memberships as well.
To be fair the Tigers don’t get 100k to games either.

GWS Goose

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2011
Emu Plains
AFL Club
GWS

BS.

I have a 3 game membership and probably get to maybe 1 or 2 more than that at most, but 3 of my mates buy them each year as Western Sydney supporters rather than AFL/Giants supporters as they love what they do in the community, they are likely to get to 1 game a year at most. But have the gear, want to see them do well, call themselves supporters, but really are more supportive in an off field sense than anything else, there are probably quite a few around in that boat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad