Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miguel Angel Lopez (COL, ASQ)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon tonight will be GC guys. Just can't help but think Bora and Bahrain need to attack hard to get past Carapaz. He's the best ITT of the three and just needs to cover Hindley. But I'm hoping they attack on the penultimate climb and isolate Carapaz there.

Here's hoping Hindley can get the 30+ seconds he needs to win the Giro.
Great effort by Hindley. Broke Carapaz on the final climb and leads overall by 1 min 25 secs

I had low-ish expectations of Hindley because I'm still not sure what to make of that Covid affected 2020 Giro (+ the fact I don't really rate Geoghegan Hart or Hindley's tactics towards the end of that race), but wow he really performed when it mattered on last night's stage. Good attack on the final climb and great tactics by Bora to have Kamna there as a satellite rider to really put the hammer down on Carapaz

Baring an absolute disaster Australia will have their first ever Giro winner in ~16 hours time :trophy:

Just woke up to this, outstanding stuff.

What are the chances of Carapaz or Landa overcoming the gap in the last time trial?
The TT is only 17km long. That's not a lot of time to be gaining 1min+.

Estimates were that he would need 30 seconds over Carapaz. He has nearly triple that.

Just woke up to this, outstanding stuff.

What are the chances of Carapaz or Landa overcoming the gap in the last time trial?
Landa is weaker in the ITT than him. Carapaz needed to be within 30 seconds most think. He should get the win.

Bora got hammered everywhere for their tactics on Friday night but their tactics overall have won them the race. Smashed stage 14 to pieces, one of the great team performances in a grand tour in recent times and then Kamna as a satellite rider iced the cake. But Hindley's performance in the last 18mins 50 seconds is absolute elite category. 2 seconds faster than Pantani will having the doping crew frothing at the mouth but the sports science and equipment has come on in leaps and bounds since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good thing is that we know Landa needs to put heavy time into both before the ITT. Strange tactics from Bora though.

Still a little disappointed that Hamilton never tried for a break this week. His legs must not be there. 8 minutes to the top 10, doubt he gets that but hopefully he can defend from Martin tonight to stay 13th

Hamilton was underdone coming into the Giro and rode at Yates request - He didn't try for breaks because BEX wanted to secure a top 15 on GC.

Ineos continue to be a breakaway riders best friend with their soft pedalling - As is often the case when they have the leaders jersey it's breakaway heaven - Ineos takes the jersey and every stage goes to a breakaway.

Back