2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On radio this weekend they were discussing whether you should retire or go on next year. Don't think we are looking at players that old.
It was more a 1 year deal with some coaching perks afterwards. Teaching the kids his hard nosed midfield leadership roles.
Just an idea.

It was more a 1 year deal with some coaching perks afterwards. Teaching the kids his hard nosed midfield leadership roles.
Just an idea.

1st lesson, how to kick into a 5 goal breeze.

If we are going to go down the route of taking a midfielder with our 1st round pick then we need to be targeting whoever out of the lot has the best footskills.

I like our midfield, but outside of Touk who has become a neat kick, we’re not exactly going to slice you open by foot. Noah, Rowell, Swallow, Davies, Fiorini, Constable all average to poor. Hopefully Hollands can go in next year and give us a bit of class.
I wonder if Alex Keith wants to come home. Want to see Collins released. Keith would be great for backline structure.

Why?

Ainsworth in a predraft interview issued a “come and get me” to Brisbane. Cal Twomey wrote the story.
Are we talking about the same or different things?

I am talking about lachie ash.
SUNS said pre draft he specifically commented he didn’t want to go to Brisbane which seemed weird given he was a top 5 prospect and Brisbane’s first pick ultimately ended up at 22.

And that he ultimately went to GWS.

SUNS said pre draft he specifically commented he didn’t want to go to Brisbane which seemed weird given he was a top 5 prospect and Brisbane’s first pick ultimately ended up at 22.

You're making it sound like it was a big on record article. Not mates but spoke to him a few times throughout the year whilst I was umpiring and he was playing NAB league. It come up in convo that if he could choose where he was drafted it would be Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question “why?”, was me asking the question, why do you think it’s shocking a player would say they hoped to be drafted to a particular club.

And I then gave an example of Ben Ainsworth saying he wanted to be drafted to the Lions.

Paddy Dow was pretty open that he wanted to be drafted to North Melbourne, and actually struggled to hold back tears on stage when Carlton called his name out the pick before.

SUNS briztoon
Ignore me, I read suns post incorrectly, thinking you said he specifically DID NOT want to be drafted to Brisbane. That didn’t make sense to me.
Totally understand he could have identified Brisbane as the club he would have like to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back