2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW - Essendon have offered Cam Zurharr a 4 year deal at a 'reported' $650K per annum - subject to reaching contract triggers.
The 4 yr deal is 100% there - I have no idea how those reported 'triggers' work - so take the salary with a pinch of salt.

I have no idea why we have not matched it - we have much better picks/players to sweeten up North if they sign him for 1yr.

I'd imagine they would want to 'trade' the OOC Zurharr rather than risking the PSD.

Thoughts guys?

We don’t have a spot for him in our fwd line with King, Chol, Lukosius & Jeffrey.

We don’t have a spot for him in our fwd line with King, Chol, Lukosius & Jeffrey.

King is a forward I agree.

Chol I see as a future Ruck/Rover especially as Wittsy gets older.

Luko is not, and never will be a forward - he does not enjoy contact.

Jeffrey is still unknown.

This is a guy who has kicked 111.84 from 81 games (inc 6 on Dylan grimes) in a rank North Melbourne.

Zurharr needs to be the 'boss' - he thinks (and not a rumour - I actually heard him say it) he is the best player at Norf - he honestly thinks he is the best looking! (true story).

And in our forward line he would be the boss - AS A 3RD TALL - BK is obviously the most elite forward we have, Chol is more than handy and has exceeded expectations already - but Zurharr kicking 50 goals, strutting around Metricon with his hands out - and adding grunt and fiestyness to our forward line is just what we need.

Add the healthy surf lifestyle, and social environment of GCFC and it's surrounding 'attractions' and this could just be what CZ needs too.

The only caveat I have is that he is mentored properly into the club, as if he gets off the rails he could be a De Goey MK2 (without the illegal stuff) - and that the surf/beach training will cut down his weight and up his fitness.

I honestly (unlike JHF) think the reward - as long as the club get it right - will massively outweigh the risks.

50 goal+ aggressive key 3rd forward who loves the bash and crash - with 20,000 adoring members.

It's a win-win

The club could do a REAL media launch for this.

Respect your opinion, but I think Zurharr is EXACTLY what we need.

King, Chol, Rankine, Zurharr, Ainsworth + 1 (horses for courses depending on the opponents) is a match up that most teams will fear.

2c

King is a forward I agree.

Chol I see as a future Ruck/Rover especially as Wittsy gets older.

Luko is not, and never will be a forward - he does not enjoy contact.

Jeffrey is still unknown.

This is a guy who has kicked 111.84 from 81 games (inc 6 on Dylan grimes) in a rank North Melbourne.

Zurharr needs to be the 'boss' - he thinks (and not a rumour - I actually heard him say it) he is the best player at Norf - he honestly thinks he is the best looking! (true story).

And in our forward line he would be the boss - AS A 3RD TALL - BK is obviously the most elite forward we have, Chol is more than handy and has exceeded expectations already - but Zurharr kicking 50 goals, strutting around Metricon with his hands out - and adding grunt and fiestyness to our forward line is just what we need.

Add the healthy surf lifestyle, and social environment of GCFC and it's surrounding 'attractions' and this could just be what CZ needs too.

The only caveat I have is that he is mentored properly into the club, as if he gets off the rails he could be a De Goey MK2 (without the illegal stuff) - and that the surf/beach training will cut down his weight and up his fitness.

I honestly (unlike JHF) think the reward - as long as the club get it right - will massively outweigh the risks.

50 goal+ aggressive key 3rd forward who loves the bash and crash - with 20,000 adoring members.

It's a win-win

The club could do a REAL media launch for this.

Respect your opinion, but I think Zurharr is EXACTLY what we need.

King, Chol, Rankine, Zurharr, Ainsworth + 1 (horses for courses depending on the opponents) is a match up that most teams will fear.

2c
I'm not being a smart-arse here, but why are you so keen on North players?

The Suns need an A grade mid and/or defender, not a medium forward like Zuharr.

I'm not being a smart-arse here, but why are you so keen on North players?

The Suns need an A grade mid and/or defender, not a medium forward like Zuharr.

I am only keen on LDU and Zurharr.

As for Norf - consider this.

The best trades come from positions of power. Christ we should know, being on the wrong end of it sooo many times.

Norf have only TWO draft picks under #53

Just two - and they are in a full reset.

THEY NEED DRAFT PICKS (not shouting - just making sure peeps see this - it's the key point)

We have a bunch - and we are offloading players to make more.

No point us going to better teams - they are in the window and their best 22 want to stay in the main - unless they need to salary dump.

Imagine going to Melb or Collingwood or Geelong or Sydney.

Hey - can we trade for Oliver, Daicos, Cameron or Warner?

They wouldn't even take the phone call.

Adelaide and Hawthorn are further into their builds, and will be reluctant to trade anyone but older players - EG Crouch, Walker, T.Mitchell - none of whom suit a club like us on the cusp off the 8 with a core of young stars.

But Norf - now they are desperate for pics to bolster their side. So they MAY, just MAY, consider doing the unthinkable (as they are with JHF) of doing a big trade of 'stars' in their prime - and incur the short term wrath of thier fans - to help that rebuild along.

Do they want to let LDU , CZ and possibly TT go?

No way.

Be WE are the only club in the league that can throw them a spare player (Flanders, Mcpherson - so a salary dump for us) and 3 or 4 picks in the 20's or 30's

We don't need them until we can trim some rubbish off our list.

I do not give a toss about Norf - but we are the ONLY side with a swag on good disposable draft pics:

Gold Coast Suns: First round, second round x3 (theirs, tied to Collingwood, Fremantle), third round x2 (theirs, tied to Collingwood), fourth round x2 (tied to Collingwood, Fremantle)

North Melbourne are the only side in the comp that are so desperate for pics that they will consider trading out their good YOUNG players

Make sense now? Keep our 1st pick - draft the rest on quality. No matter the cost in CURRENT picks.

Thanks for reading.

Tarryn thomas for me.

Risky, but way more upside than Zuharr.

Dew would need to be very, very sure he can get him going though. Some times a moves can help though, look at Brodie this year.

Why not both?
Prime non-instagram TT would be massive - CZ though - look at Gunston for example - that 3rd tall is essential in pretty much every premiership side of this century.

I think they both have huge upside, but just different sorts.

And we most definately should be asking the question - and LDU as well.

I'd do McPherson, Flanders + picks 32, 33, 43 for LDU in a heartbeat.
Leaves 25 for TT (plus 51 if we really need it)
Zurharr is OOC so a player + a couple of late picks to sweeten North from fighting too hard would be enough.

Like I said elsewhere - I am not fussed about North - but they are the only club that is so vunerable, that every player has a price.

Right works over,so I'm off home!

Why not both?
Prime non-instagram TT would be massive - CZ though - look at Gunston for example - that 3rd tall is essential in pretty much every premiership side of this century.

I think they both have huge upside, but just different sorts.

And we most definately should be asking the question - and LDU as well.

I'd do McPherson, Flanders + picks 32, 33, 43 for LDU in a heartbeat.
Leaves 25 for TT (plus 51 if we really need it)
Zurharr is OOC so a player + a couple of late picks to sweeten North from fighting too hard would be enough.

Like I said elsewhere - I am not fussed about North - but they are the only club that is so vunerable, that every player has a price.

Right works over,so I'm off home!
Not sure they would be keen on so many 2nd,3rd rounders. If we get pick 4 or 5 for rankine I'd be dangling that out there to see what can extract. Pick 8 on hollands and later pick on a key defender or speedy half back.

Don’t see how we could possibly be sure we could get him at full flight.

But I’d certainly be keen on Thomas.

Risk-reward definitely favourable.

Couldn’t command too much salary or trade wise.

Risky, but way more upside than Zuharr.
Dew would need to be very, very sure he can get him going though. Some times a moves can help though, look at Brodie this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF is idiot. Hopefully he grows up for his sake.
“The star teenager was called out by interim coach Leigh Adams and senior players on Sunday for failing to complete his proper ice baths and recovery in front of their very eyes,” Cleary reported.

I am only keen on LDU and Zurharr.

As for Norf - consider this.

The best trades come from positions of power. Christ we should know, being on the wrong end of it sooo many times.

Norf have only TWO draft picks under #53

Just two - and they are in a full reset.

THEY NEED DRAFT PICKS (not shouting - just making sure peeps see this - it's the key point)

We have a bunch - and we are offloading players to make more.

No point us going to better teams - they are in the window and their best 22 want to stay in the main - unless they need to salary dump.

Imagine going to Melb or Collingwood or Geelong or Sydney.

Hey - can we trade for Oliver, Daicos, Cameron or Warner?

They wouldn't even take the phone call.

Adelaide and Hawthorn are further into their builds, and will be reluctant to trade anyone but older players - EG Crouch, Walker, T.Mitchell - none of whom suit a club like us on the cusp off the 8 with a core of young stars.

But Norf - now they are desperate for pics to bolster their side. So they MAY, just MAY, consider doing the unthinkable (as they are with JHF) of doing a big trade of 'stars' in their prime - and incur the short term wrath of thier fans - to help that rebuild along.

Do they want to let LDU , CZ and possibly TT go?

No way.

Be WE are the only club in the league that can throw them a spare player (Flanders, Mcpherson - so a salary dump for us) and 3 or 4 picks in the 20's or 30's

We don't need them until we can trim some rubbish off our list.

I do not give a toss about Norf - but we are the ONLY side with a swag on good disposable draft pics:

Gold Coast Suns: First round, second round x3 (theirs, tied to Collingwood, Fremantle), third round x2 (theirs, tied to Collingwood), fourth round x2 (tied to Collingwood, Fremantle)

North Melbourne are the only side in the comp that are so desperate for pics that they will consider trading out their good YOUNG players

Make sense now? Keep our 1st pick - draft the rest on quality. No matter the cost in CURRENT picks.

Thanks for reading.

Not sure if North will want to trade out any best 22 players. And they are not about to commence a reset, they have been accumulating good young players for some time. They just need a good coach and time to develop, especially the midfield.

Thomas may be gettable and not out of the question.

IMO they will get a mid or end of 1st round priority pick.

They may even split their pick 1 or 2. That gets them the picks they need.

Think Gold Coast will trade out unneeded 2nds and 3rds for future picks. Maybe trade in another player but if they land Heppel for free that might be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back