Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Y
When we were obliterated in 2014, we could console ourselves with the fact that "nobody was beating Hawthorn that day".

It's a tough bloody pill to swallow to be saying that again.

I'm so worried about the psyche of this side.
and the club

3 gf losses in a row

Yesterday being one for the history books in a bad way

81 points wtf

Y

and the club

3 gf losses in a row

Yesterday being one for the history books in a bad way

81 points wtf

2-5 in the modern era sucks

but i guess 0-3 for saints is worse

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
He just can't get on top of quality back lines. Melbourne then Collingwood then Geelong. Our lowest rated player across the finals.

Will still have the occasional day out but not sure what sort of contribution we can rely on from him.
You guys just noticed this hey?
Its been a thing against the best defenders for a few years. The best defenders play for teams challenging for flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crtiicism of forwards is warranted…along with just about everyone else….sitting behind the goals I noticed something that hasn’t been mentioned from what I have read, this is no roast, just what I observed and perhaps an indication of us not really adapting to the gf pressure. There were a number of occasions…relative to our overall time in our forward half..!! yesterday where Gulden is one I recall, kicking forward to forwards, repeatedly put the ball to the wrong side of the forward.

Our limited entries meant the repercussions were magnified.

These are the things to really isolate and come back stronger with improvements next year. That and the slipping over at centre bounce…who wants to design some mouldedscthat work like long stops.

He just can't get on top of quality back lines. Melbourne then Collingwood then Geelong. Our lowest rated player across the finals.

Will still have the occasional day out but not sure what sort of contribution we can rely on from him.
His year next year will be on a wing trying to deliver the ball. There are no more goalkicking accolades / rankings to be elevated, there are developing forwards who need time on ground and having Bud kicking into the forward line will be more valuable than trying to mark inside the fifty against well set defence. He probably played 15 games next year Ithink.

His year next year will be on a wing trying to deliver the ball. There are no more goalkicking accolades / rankings to be elevated, there are developing forwards who need time on ground and having Bud kicking into the forward line will be more valuable than trying to mark inside the fifty against well set defence. He probably played 15 games next year Ithink.
Honestly think he isn’t able to play high hf anymore

He struggles to bend now and still tries to turn defenders around but struggles

When we were obliterated in 2014, we could console ourselves with the fact that "nobody was beating Hawthorn that day".

It's a tough bloody pill to swallow to be saying that again.

I'm so worried about the psyche of this side.
I think we will be OK. Both 2014 and yesterday we were bullied imo. We need to get some added size in the gym this offseason. Putting on a few kegs for these blokes does an amazing job on your confidence.

Honestly think he isn’t able to play high hf anymore

He struggles to bend now and still tries to turn defenders around but struggles
I agree, the wing role is a better setup I think, his tank is still OK, the high hf role he didn’t really play preferring to stay mostly in the fwd line. He will be more often rotated on the wing as well I reckon. I can’t really imagine him playing FF or HF with the pressure he cops there now. What will be of most interest is how many games, and what the expectations are of him?

If he can’t earn his place in the team, then he can’t.

Apr 11, 2009
MEL --> ADL
AFL Club
Sydney
just landed back in perth with 2 gutted kids, first time they've been to a gf, * I feel flat
Sorry to hear mate your kids had to witness that pathetic performance. I have to commence the drive back to Adelaide tomorrow. Not going to be fun, even worse my partner's step dad is waiting to give me crap about the Swannies (he is Geelong)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back