Universal Love 2022 GWS BF Board Member of the Year - Congrats PMBangers

Who do you vote as the GWS BF Board MotY?

• Andre the Giant

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Callums Guns

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Captain my Captain

• Giant Pete

• PMBangers

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hi all. Like many other boards on BF, the GWS Board has a "Member of the Year" (sometimes known as "Poster of the Year") badge to award.

MotY.png

Given that we're a young club, there's not too many of these that have been handed out yet. I'm going to get in a little earlier this year (often I've been guilty of leaving it too late, after the national draft) to set in motion, by asking posters to nominate another poster whom they believe deserves the title.

While we are small in number, I do believe that we have some quality posters, and generally have sound, collegial discussions on topics of interest. We have some who focus on this board, others who post heavily on the main board or the D&T board, draft experts, and others who are just passionate about the Giants. There's no specific criteria other than someone who's a Giants' poster (or one of our dual citizens who posts heavily in the GWS board) whom you believe has contributed significantly to the GWS BF Board over the past year.

I am seeking nominations, which I'll take until next Sunday night (5pm), after which I'll set up a voting poll for another week (essentially the week of national draft post mortems) to crown the winner. Posters can only nominate one other poster (and cannot nominate themselves). I can also nominate someone. Once voting opens, posters will only be able to vote once, and it's a simple winner take all.

Please nominate in this thread. We just need a minimum of 2 nominations to take to the poll.

Thanks everyone.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Maybe there's not much interest in this, and this breaks the rules, but I think we need more nominations.

Callums_Guns
captainMyCaptain
Giant Pete
Giant Strides
Barry, the only "rules" are the ones I set myself ... there's nothing too strong there. The only rationale I offer is that if someone nominates multiple other posters but they can only vote for one; it would be disappointing if someone nominated were to receive no votes. (Yes, I'm presuming if you nominate someone you'll vote for them.)

I really enjoy the ideas that many of our posters offer, the variety of views and passion that many, many of them bring forward so would love to see more nominated ... but I am also pragmatic about the likely voting pool!

Thanks also for the vote of confidence personally; however, I tend to leave myself off the ballot paper given that I'm administering the vote.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK folks, I've decided to allow the multiple nominations; in response, I will allow each poster to vote for 2 people as MotY.

I will reserve the casting vote if there's a tie. You now have 7 days to vote for your MotY - the poll will close next Sunday night.

The options, in alphabetical order, are:

Good luck everyone.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Barry, the only "rules" are the ones I set myself ... there's nothing too strong there. The only rationale I offer is that if someone nominates multiple other posters but they can only vote for one; it would be disappointing if someone nominated were to receive no votes. (Yes, I'm presuming if you nominate someone you'll vote for them.)

I really enjoy the ideas that many of our posters offer, the variety of views and passion that many, many of them bring forward so would love to see more nominated ... but I am also pragmatic about the likely voting pool!

Thanks also for the vote of confidence personally; however, I tend to leave myself off the ballot paper given that I'm administering the vote.
Just an FYI. I don’t mind at all if no one votes for me. The fact that someone was kind enough to think of me for this process is more than enough.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Just an FYI. I don’t mind at all if no one votes for me. The fact that someone was kind enough to think of me for this process is more than enough.
I enjoy your posts because you often challenge my perceptions (especially on list management) and have often swayed me to your line of thinking. I respect that your opinions and quips are not designed to gain 'likes'. Your account picture appeals to my childish self and makes me chuckle...

The other guys always add value to the chats.

Automated poll closure. If I said "10.30" someone might get disenfranchised.

I think I mentioned somewhere recently that I am precise ... perhaps even pedantic. :)
I think you can remove the "perhaps" 😃😃😃

This is easily my favourite accomplishment of my short life, only a smidgeon ahead of my first of these awards
Even if there is an asterisk due to Giant Strides not making himself eligible?
I joke (well sort of) congratulations 😃😃

Back